Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

5 minutes ago, Traci said:

What about Dua Lipa, seen her last year headline Barcelona and she was very good - very similar to a Beyoncé set, maybe it’s her time?  

Cant see it being an all male Pyramid but you never know, it has been in the past. 

If the GNR rumours are true, then maybe they will headline the other stage? 

Hoping we see Yeah Yeah Yeahs this year 🤞🏽

Dua Lipa doesn't seem to be doing any shows in 2023, must be a very good chance for 2024 though.

GnR are Pyramid or nothing.

1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

Do we know what the chances of Florence and the machine playing are ?

In Ireland just after glasto weekend

Thing is about slotting her in - she headlined a few years back and unless she does a smaller back won't be back i think

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Indeed. Apart from Appetite and Live Like A Suicide, I hadn't played anything by them in ages and even then I'd not really thought about, just had them in the background. So the other day I listened to a setlist playlist on Spotify. Along with the better, more recent videos on YouTube, it genuinely got me excited for it. 

It's not going to be perfect, they never really were as a live act but I'm hopeful for a stormer. 

Those big ol' corny numbers are going to go off.

I’ve done a similar thing with a setlist playlist and I’m getting more and more likely to go and see them. I’d forgotten how much I like Mr Brownstone and they usually play Slither by Velvet Revolver which is an absolute tune.

5 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I mean I'm all for it but the 2 sides of the Guns n Roses argument aren't going to be. Battle lines have been drawn and they're sticking to 'em.

as long as he sticks to keeping his troosers on.

Been listening to Appetite For Destruction a bit this week.

Never really delved into GNR, aside from hearing Sweet Child O'Mine a million times as a student many years ago.

I'm definitely moving more towards "it could be a lot of fun", rather than being indifferent to them as I was previously. 

12 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Been listening to Appetite For Destruction a bit this week.

Never really delved into GNR, aside from hearing Sweet Child O'Mine a million times as a student many years ago.

I'm definitely moving more towards "it could be a lot of fun", rather than being indifferent to them as I was previously. 

I think a lot of us (a particular someone excluded) would be way more excited for GNR if it wasn't for their live reputation. It's not the songs themselves that put me off, they've got bangers, but I look at some of the recent footage and wince. 

Granted Elton has the whole dilldandin meme and he was far better than that when I caught him at BST so I am more than willing to give GNR a shot if there's not much better choice, but I'm still gonna have a backup at the ready. 

If Prodigy, Fred or QOTSA are on next door though, bye-bye Axl. 

Edited by BenG92

2 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I think a lot of us (a particular someone excluded) would be way more excited for GNR if it wasn't for their live reputation. It's not the songs themselves that put me off, they've got bangers, but I look at some of the recent footage and wince. 

Granted Elton has the whole dilldandin meme and he was far better than that when I caught him at BST so I am more than willing to give GNR a shot if there's not much better choice, but I'm still gonna have a backup at the ready. 

Similar boat I think - enjoying giving them a bit of a listen but definitely looking forward to seeing what the other options are.  Think I'd be tempted to drop in from the back of the field for the last hour or so, but will have a look at how they're ordering setlists nearer the time and see what others want to do with their Saturday evening.  

appreciate i'm in the minority on these forums with this opinion, but The 1975 were so good at the o2 last night and absolutely deserve a spot at headlining the big one. Great stage set-up, brilliant session musicians giving extra depth to the songs, lots of tracks that are really fun live and the Taylor Swift appearance didn't hurt either. I know they get put in the same bracket as Foals and Biffy C, but as a fan of Biffy since the mid-2000's, the 1975 are in another echelon to them live.

Shame it seems likely they've booked Arctics instead of them, as the Friday night slot would be quality. Hope they don't sub imo, they deserve a chance at the top!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

The 1975 to me strike me as a band on the verge of missing their window, similar to the situation Foals found themselves in - and if they are going to do it it ideally needs to be before Matt Healy gets embroiled in some scandal for being a mega creep which also feels like it might happen very soon.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, HamishA. said:

appreciate i'm in the minority on these forums with this opinion, but The 1975 were so good at the o2 last night and absolutely deserve a spot at headlining the big one. Great stage set-up, brilliant session musicians giving extra depth to the songs, lots of tracks that are really fun live and the Taylor Swift appearance didn't hurt either. I know they get put in the same bracket as Foals and Biffy C, but as a fan of Biffy since the mid-2000's, the 1975 are in another echelon to them live.

Shame it seems likely they've booked Arctics instead of them, as the Friday night slot would be quality. Hope they don't sub imo, they deserve a chance at the top!

I'm not sure you are in the minority to be honest I think plenty of people here (me included) would find 1975 headlining the Friday this year over Artic Monkeys to be a better/more exciting booking