Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, brettredmayne said:

Im thinking maybe Glastonbury isn’t the festival for you , plenty of smaller festivals have the headliners you want.

Well sadly you're wrong, this isn't my first or even second Glastonbury, there aren't many on here who've been to more. As I've said many times before I have many other reasons to go to Glastonbury than the bands, but very few understood. It's a different world in "old school crew ville", and I'm far from alone in my opinions of where this festival is going.

4 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Well sadly you're wrong, this isn't my first or even second Glastonbury, there aren't many on here who've been to more. As I've said many times before I have many other reasons to go to Glastonbury than the bands, but very few understood. It's a different world in "old school crew ville", and I'm far from alone in my opinions of where this festival is going.

The main headliners will always be big well known names , ever since I can remember this has been the case. You do get risks such as Kanye, jay z, stormzy. You get risks  such as going pop with beyonce , giving bumps to Coldplay, muse, Radiohead.

The risks you want the festival to take just won’t happen 

7 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I think everyone understands that as you've made this point many, many times. I think people just don't understand why you spend so much time discussing headliners when as you say they're not important to your experience of the festival.

26 minutes ago, Willy-wam-wam-wozzle said:

I have just been informed by a reliable source that U2 will be making a return to the festival this year. So either GnR or AM won’t, in fact, be headlining.

I know this isn't other people's opinion on this but I'll be very very happy with it. 

Wishful thinking taking it at face value but any idea on when it could be announced?

Edited by efcfanwirral

12 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Skippy, we know you’re trying and we all appreciate it, but it’s just gotten boring now.

Neil has taken over as the forum troll and general misery guts and I’m afraid your services are no longer required.

We’ll talk severance packages in the morning.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

The main headliners will always be big well known names , ever since I can remember this has been the case. You do get risks such as Kanye, jay z, stormzy. You get risks  such as going pop with beyonce , giving bumps to Coldplay, muse, Radiohead.

The risks you want the festival to take just won’t happen 

Yea and I was pleased at the time, even though I can't stand the last three. More risks of this nature are needed or it's going to go stale. The Jay Z and Beyonce sets are two of my all time favs. Stormzy was okay, but far better on the other stage.

5 hours ago, thewayiam said:

But but there is better places to vent your frustration over your own blatant current unhappiness and misery than on a music forum. Especially for a festival you're going to attend.

Not attending. 

This is the year I quit. 

5 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Big deal. A couple of retired people ready for the quiet life don't the idea of it.

Who actually cares lol....certainly no one in here

A couple of people who know music and know how naff a booking  gnr is. 

Just now, Neil said:

Not attending. 

This is the year I quit. 

That's my intention at the moment, but I'll have my ticket until payment time, so I might not quit this year. I have a long time to change my mind. 

4 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Yea and I was pleased at the time, even though I can't stand the last three. More risks of this nature are needed or it's going to go stale. The Jay Z and Beyonce sets are two of my all time favs. Stormzy was okay, but far better on the other stage.

You’re not even trying now. Stormzy absolutely knocked his headline slot out of sight, I’m not really a fan of either him or that genre, but it’s up there as one of my favourite Pyramid headliners.

You want them to try something different, but even when they do and it’s a resounding success it still isn’t good enough for you anyway. 

11 hours ago, leath02 said:

This U2 discussion has weirdly coincided with a mate randomly texting me out of the blue yesterday "U2 are playing Glastonbury" 

No idea where he's gotten that info from, he's not usually the type to even be interested in rumours, but he's adamant to the point where he wants to put money on

I've told him surely they're headliners or nothing, and as far as we're aware, the headliners are locked in at AM GnR Elton

Speaking of U2…. 

15 minutes ago, Neil said:

Not attending. 

This is the year I quit. 

A couple of people who know music and know how naff a booking  gnr is. 

Sarcasm!

So a couple of old farts who dislike anything after 1970, got ya!

13 minutes ago, Neil said:

That's my intention at the moment, but I'll have my ticket until payment time, so I might not quit this year. I have a long time to change my mind. 

So you've dragged and going to drag your depressing arse all over these forums for something you might change your mind too. You sound bloody stupid frankly and you need to be told that frankly.

10 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Not good enough right

095FD78D-70DE-40D7-9C0C-34B8E484127B.jpeg

Not for my money personally.