Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

LG is an exclusive at Boardmasters apparently. Not that that always ends up being true, of course. They didn’t say the same for Florence, anyway.

Thank fuck for that.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Radiochicken said:

Kinda feel for the kid who put that rumour in here. Other than succeeding in getting a few pages of dross in typical efests fashion, surely he didn’t expect facts to get in the way so quickly. 

Move on. 

Yeah,  he must have mistaken this for the boardmasters sub thread. 

16 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I can't believe Boardmasters has two of Glastonbury's headliners... 

3bui1p.jpg

• Upvote 1

I was actually hoping LG would play and give me an excuse to not see a headliner this year.

haven’t seen AM since 2006 so would struggle to miss them, wouldn’t miss Elton or GnR if they played so selfishly, LG would’ve been a great booking for me 🤣

Still convinced it’ll be Arctic Monkeys, Elton and Taylor. Not the worst of trios and pleases a lot of people.

GnR would be a bit shit. Axl just doesn’t have it in him anymore (not sure he ever had, tbh). Can’t see it happening given how long it took them to get Metallica as headliners. Seems like they don’t book bands that are considered typical repeated “Download headliners” for want of a better term.

Edited by FeverDream

12 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

Still convinced it’ll be Arctic Monkeys, Elton and Taylor. Not the worst of trios and pleases a lot of people.

GnR would be a bit shit. Axl just doesn’t have it in him anymore (not sure he ever had, tbh). Can’t see it happening given how long it took them to get Metallica as headliners. Seems like they don’t book bands that are considered typical repeated “Download headliners” for want of a better term.

Taylor's tour dates probably rule her out

20 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

It wont be Taylor, she is in the US on the Friday and the Saturday, cant see her playing the Sunday. 

My thoughts are AM, Elton, Rihanna. 

Current state of play:

Very likely:

Arctic Monkeys - Large stadium tour with GSH,  claims they are doing it by ITK people on their forums.

Possibilities:

Elton John - Cancelled Paris date so free that weekend.

Guns n Roses - Mentioned by poster on here, Emily has bigged them up previously.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Headlining European festivals the week before.

The 1975 - Playing TRNSMT and have been rumoured in the past.

Eminem - Rumoured in the Sun to be in talks

Rhianna - As above

Dua Lipa - Rumoured to be headlining Coachella

Very unlikely:

Blur - Dublin gig on the Saturday

Harry Styles - Belgium gig on the Saturday

Out:

Taylor - Gigs in the US that weekend

Liam Gallagher - Boardmasters exclusive

Edited by Hugh Jass II
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

Current state of play:

Very likely:

Arctic Monkeys - Large stadium tour with GSH,  claims they are doing it by ITK people on their forums.

Possibilities:

Guns n Roses - Mentioned by poster on here, Emily has bigged them up previously.

Liam Gallagher - Poster on here claims he's doing it, might be spurious.

Rhianna - As above

Very unlikely:

Out:

I know headliners aren't everything but out of the possibilities/very likely listed there that must be the most set of acts I've not been interested in for a while.

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

I know headliners aren't everything but out of the possibilities/very likely listed there that must be the most set of acts I've not been interested in for a while.

I can certainly see why people are desperate for a curveball.

On a personal note I'd be happy enough with Elton and two nights elsewhere. Would probably watch GnR and Dua too.

Worth noting that the poster who first introduced Guns n Roses as a contender (also claimed AM & Reg are playing) seems to get decent info from an insider. Pretty sure he correctly got this year's headliners too.

The same can't be said for the poster who recently claimed LG was doing it. I'm not having any of that.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Current state of play:

Very likely:

Possibilities:

Liam Gallagher - Poster on here claims he's doing it, might be spurious.

Rhianna - As above

Very unlikely:

Out:

The only one I’d add to that list is The 1975.  Have said they’re doing a couple of U.K. Festivals and thus far only announced for TRSMT with not many places to go now!

2 minutes ago, Sorcha17 said:

I just don't think they'd have 2 headliners from last years R/L

I know 1975 were a last minute replacement but they were due for 2023 and as far as I'm aware Glasto and R/L have never shared a headliner.

Maybe they were booked whilst RATM were originally headlining? Didn’t pull out until 2 weeks before etc

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I can certainly see why people are desperate for a curveball.

On a personal note I'd be happy enough with Elton and two nights elsewhere. Would probably watch GnR and Dua too.

Tbh given the acts we know of on the circuit next year it's pretty slim pickings in terms of big acts so far. Undercard is where it's gonna slap next year hopefully.