Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

31 minutes ago, sisco said:

But not actually the worst trip is it.  Harry subbed by Lizzo who he loves.  I’m not ruling it out 

His journey from Belgium to the Farm would be less mileage than if he was playing Glasgow the night before. But for some reason, getting across a small stretch of water to do the gig, means it's impossible in some people's eyes. However the same people wouldn't bat an eyelid, and would probably be saying he is nailed on, if he was due to be playing in Glasgow the night before. 

I know odds shorten on money bet, and that more money bet is an indicator of information or likelihood, BUT, that list has 2 acts categorically ruled out, 2 very unlikely due to conflicting dates and a couple not even active. Think a huge pinch of salt is required here.

He will be in the UK the days before the Belgium date, he can easily leave staging in the UK/ send it to Glastonbury.

Belgium is extremely close. He could leave the morning of Glastonbury and get in fine. Takes less than 2 hours.

I just think it’s not that unrealistic he would be looped in with those dates.

2 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Would love Reg but got a bad feeling about that. It’s not Styles because of the tour dates. Gonna put some cash on Lizzo.

Lizzo absolutely won’t headline glastonbury. Really looking in the wrong direction there.

Her latest album flopped really bad. Didn’t make an impact really at all.

If she plays she will take a prominent place on the lineup, but headliner? Nope

Edited by Matt42

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I know odds shorten on money bet, and that more money bet is an indicator of information or likelihood, BUT, that list has 2 acts categorically ruled out, 2 very unlikely due to conflicting dates and a couple not even active. Think a huge pinch of salt is required here.

Aye, a bit circular isn't it? Discussion here and elsewhere feeds the odds, which get fed back into the discussion and so it continues. 

Please oh mighty farm, feed us some news... 

10 hours ago, p.pete said:

Somewhere towards the front by any chance?  I would have loved to have been there, but not at the festival at all sadly, so can't say how I'd have managed with the setlist.  I loved Radiohead last time they played, I was fairly central and forward so everyone around me was staying put and loving it, but I fully accept that further back I think the general reception was 'meh'.

Nope. Second repeater back. 

1 hour ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

His journey from Belgium to the Farm would be less mileage than if he was playing Glasgow the night before. But for some reason, getting across a small stretch of water to do the gig, means it's impossible in some people's eyes. However the same people wouldn't bat an eyelid, and would probably be saying he is nailed on, if he was due to be playing in Glasgow the night before. 

No. Two nights before perhaps. 

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Lizzo absolutely won’t headline glastonbury. Really looking in the wrong direction there.

Her latest album flopped really bad. Didn’t make an impact really at all.

If she plays she will take a prominent place on the lineup, but headliner? Nope

Really don’t think I am. I had her down as a sub but after the meltdown I witnessed in 2019 I can see her getting the big call to balance out an AM/GNR trio. I’m no totally convinced but convinced enough to put a tenner on at 33/1

4 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Really don’t think I am. I had her down as a sub but after the meltdown I witnessed in 2019 I can see her getting the big call to balance out an AM/GNR trio. I’m no totally convinced but convinced enough to put a tenner on at 33/1

She’s never had a 1 album and she’s only had 1 album chart in the UK top 10.

She’s absolutely not a Glastonbury headliner, especially after this era.

But of course I won’t discourage you from wasting some money if you want to do it.

I’d like a SuperBowl style Eminem, Dre, Ice Cube kind of huge hip hop headline collab for the Saturday night at the pyramid. Well, if it was up to me it’d be at west holts or the JP so I can get front and centre, but still: that’s what I want! 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

May as well burn the money, probably a cheaper way to keep warm these days as well.