Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

17 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

It’s an opinion. I’m as entitled to think it’s total dog shit as you are to think it’s not. Get over it. 

Fair enough, hopefully they will get a chance to absolutely smash it sometime 

(downvoting negative opinions about Guns n Roses doesn’t make you much better!)

Edited by WhoOdyssey
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Think I only paid about £45 a ticket for Elton at the O2. Up in the Gods but he’s only going to be sat at a piano.

I think we paid about £30 to see him at Shrewsbury a few years back - sat about a third of the way back on the pitch.  It was a great concert and in retrospect a real bargain.  

Just checked - it was 2011 - https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2011/06/13/rocket-man-lands-in-shrewsbury/

Re the 1975. A clip popped up on my Twitter of one of their live shows. Showed the lead singer smoking a cigarette whilst rubbing himself on a sofa on stage..

After my initial thought of ‘what a cock’, my second was ‘how come he can get away with smoking on stage and everybody else in the crowd gets chastised for even a sneaky vape.’

46 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

I downvoted to level out the unneccasary downvote from him. As I’m doing with you. Move along now.

Edited by GrumpyRaver
  • Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

For the record, I don’t even like GnR that much, definitely not enough to even remotely care about somebody expressing a negative opinion about them… was just saying I’d much rather they headlined than Matt and his boys despite my indifference towards them.

9 hours ago, Olshansky said:

if y'all are right at GNR do headline one of the nights, it will be one of the most under-attended headline slots in glasto history. Imagine a clash with them and just about anyone else that;s remotely popular, and the other act wins every time.  I can't be just speaking for myself. I'll eat my shoe if I'm wrong but I just can't see it. 

Nah that was Kendrick😇

friday - AM
saturday - rihanna or florence
sunday - Elton 

Rihanna would obvs be the top choice if she's actually available and interested, could see Florence doing it tho as she's available and is a friend of the fest and puts on an amazing show. Heard Rih is a bit shit live but she's still a massive name.

Dua Lipa will be in the studio until 2024, can't see her wanting to waste a headline gig on continuing to promote future nostalgia when she's a lock next time she has an album out.

Eminem just doesn't seem like the glasto vibe with all of the controversy he attracts, but yet again they did book Kanye

2 minutes ago, shivroy said:

friday - AM
saturday - rihanna or florence
sunday - Elton 

Rihanna would obvs be the top choice if she's actually available and interested, could see Florence doing it tho as she's available and is a friend of the fest and puts on an amazing show. Heard Rih is a bit shit live but she's still a massive name.

Dua Lipa will be in the studio until 2024, can't see her wanting to waste a headline gig on continuing to promote future nostalgia when she's a lock next time she has an album out.

Eminem just doesn't seem like the glasto vibe with all of the controversy he attracts, but yet again they did book Kanye

Even if Rihanna isn't amazing live it would be a great atmosphere 

1 hour ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Re the 1975. A clip popped up on my Twitter of one of their live shows. Showed the lead singer smoking a cigarette whilst rubbing himself on a sofa on stage..

After my initial thought of ‘what a cock’, my second was ‘how come he can get away with smoking on stage and everybody else in the crowd gets chastised for even a sneaky vape.’

There's some sort of loophole about it being part of a performance. Samenthing with theatre shows.

Been thinking…

Looking at a few different rumour places - according to festileaks (dutch forum) Guns are being thrown around for a few festivals. Pink Pop (Netherlands) 16|17|18 June and for Firenzie Rocks (expected the same weekend) in Italy. https://forum.festileaks.com/threads/pinkpop-2023.1029/page-217

With @roughbloke’s info that they were in the frame / them surging in the odds I think we can consider them a pretty safe prediction. I’d probably make a large bet on AM and GNR being two of the headliners. AM are Friday leaving GNR Sat or Sun. My hunch based on nothing is that they would be the Saturday.

I reckon the third headliner is still to play for, and I reckon it will probably be a pop star. Some names I think would fit…

Rihanna - (per Sun article think she’d be a massive get and if she’s doing a Super Bowl, Coachella, Glastonbury trifecta it would be perfect). 

Harry Styles - less likely but he is avail on the Sunday. It could work. I reckon he could be a good contender for a late signup.

Beyonce - Rumoured to be touring around the same time. Apparently she has a date in Italy at the end of June which puts her active right around Glastonbury. Would they ask her again? Dunno how it would work I can’t imagine she would take kindly to being an ‘alternative’. https://news.trenddetail.com/euro/213860.html

Eminem - would make the top line quite male heavy and quite aged, can’t deny he is a possibility of a Sunday is there.

Dua / Dave / Sam Fender would probably all be options that would fit too but I don’t think their schedules work for next year + Sam is already headlining a bunch of competing festivals.

Tbh this would be the perfect year for Dua really… maybe she should do it as a one off.

19 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Been thinking…

Looking at a few different rumour places - according to festileaks (dutch forum) Guns are being thrown around for a few festivals. Pink Pop (Netherlands) 16|17|18 June and for Firenzie Rocks (expected the same weekend) in Italy. https://forum.festileaks.com/threads/pinkpop-2023.1029/page-217

With @roughbloke’s info that they were in the frame / them surging in the odds I think we can consider them a pretty safe prediction. I’d probably make a large bet on AM and GNR being two of the headliners. AM are Friday leaving GNR Sat or Sun. My hunch based on nothing is that they would be the Saturday.

I reckon the third headliner is still to play for, and I reckon it will probably be a pop star. Some names I think would fit…

Rihanna - (per Sun article think she’d be a massive get and if she’s doing a Super Bowl, Coachella, Glastonbury trifecta it would be perfect). 

Harry Styles - less likely but he is avail on the Sunday. It could work. I reckon he could be a good contender for a late signup.

Beyonce - Rumoured to be touring around the same time. Apparently she has a date in Italy at the end of June which puts her active right around Glastonbury. Would they ask her again? Dunno how it would work I can’t imagine she would take kindly to being an ‘alternative’. https://news.trenddetail.com/euro/213860.html

Eminem - would make the top line quite male heavy and quite aged, can’t deny he is a possibility of a Sunday is there.

Dua / Dave / Sam Fender would probably all be options that would fit too but I don’t think their schedules work for next year + Sam is already headlining a bunch of competing festivals.

Tbh this would be the perfect year for Dua really… maybe she should do it as a one off.

You mention P!nk up front for European festivals.... then completely overlook her as a possibility for Glastonbury. Was there any particular rationale there? Is she ruled out?

2 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

You mention P!nk up front for European festivals.... then completely overlook her as a possibility for Glastonbury. Was there any particular rationale there? Is she ruled out?

Pink pop is the name of a festival in the Netherlands. Not talking about pink the act. https://www.pinkpop.nl/2023/

Pink is playing BST Glasto Saturday and Sunday and AM are headlining the Friday. So no Pink.

25 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Been thinking…

Also another name. Less Likely but rumoured to be around.

Adele.

25 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Been thinking…

If you believe @roughbloke regarding GnR, then why not believe him regarding Reg also playing?

1 minute ago, henry bear said:

If you believe @roughbloke regarding GnR, then why not believe him regarding Reg also playing?

Because he literally said the other day that someone told him the headliners were AM, GNR, Taylor. Obviously no Taylor.

It doesn’t sound like he’s had solid info on the third headliner.

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Because he literally said the other day that someone told him the headliners were AM, GNR, Taylor. Obviously no Taylor.

It doesn’t sound like he’s had solid info on the third headliner.

Thought the info was Guns N Roses instead of Taylor? Or has he said something different since? If that’s the latest info then it makes sense that the third would be Rihanna surely. 

Just now, 2loor2iller said:

Thought the info was Guns N Roses instead of Taylor? Or has he said something different since? If that’s the latest info then it makes sense that the third would be Rihanna surely. 

What he said originally that they’d brought in GnR for Taylor, and Reg was playing Sunday

1 minute ago, 2loor2iller said:

He’s heard from a different reputable source a different trio. Which is the above.

It would be interesting if the GNR in for Taylor bit is the red herring. If they were the heritage option lined up all along.

Would make sense with Emily’s comments about them doing it ages ago.