Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

19 hours ago, Superscally said:

"But I don't need anyone telling me that Black Britain is not a thing to do with Stormzy as it may not be the thing it is now without him."

I haven't got a clue what this means. 😄

No one is telling you that.

Black Britain is a big thing that Stormzy was behind and his work and influence has helped improve and change the face of it. Helped the black community and it's culture.

It's a good thing. I'm not sure why you would now questioning the positives of his impact in that. 

The difference for me is, in my view which is only mine he wasn't big enough or good enough for the slot he got. I am allowed that view like others are allowed opposite.

But anyway. It's 2023 now, move on etc. 

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

No one is telling you that.

Black Britain is a big thing that Stormzy was behind and his work and influence has helped improve and change the face of it. Helped the black community and it's culture.

It's a good thing. I'm not sure why you would now questioning the positives of his impact in that. 

The difference for me is, in my view which is only mine he wasn't big enough or good enough for the slot he got. I am allowed that view like others are allowed opposite.

But anyway. It's 2023 now, move on etc. 

I wasn't questioning that at all. That's a quote from you and I couldn't work out what the feck you were saying. You've explained it a lot better there, but your previous comments...were in 2022...and I can't be arsed getting involved now.

Thought I’d have another fun guess! 
I know this isn’t right! 
happy new year!

MAIN - FRIDAY

Arctic Monkeys - Kasabian - The Black Keys - Iggy Pop - BCNR - Car Seat Headrest 

OTHER - FRIDAY 

Pulp - Sam Smith - Example (Kraftwerk open) 

JOHN PEEL - FRIDAY 

Massive Attack - Bloc Party - The Kooks - The Hives 

MAIN - SATURDAY 

Guns N Roses - Paramore - Queens Of The Stone Age - Tenachious D - Pussy Riot 

OTHER - SATURDAY 

Florence And The Machine - Tears For Fears - Steve Lacy 

JOHN PEEL - SATURDAY 

Paulo Nutini - Ben Howard - Richard Ashcroft - Sam Ryder 

MAIN - SUNDAY 

Elton John - Lizzo - Lil Nas X - Stevie Nicks - Blondie 

OTHER - SUNDAY 

The Prodigy - Skrillex - Pendulum - Death Grips 

JOHN PEEL - SUNDAY 

LCD Soundsystem - Royal Blood - Jamiriqui - Editors 

1 hour ago, FirstGlastoHype said:

I know this isn’t right! 
happy new year!

MAIN - FRIDAY

Arctic Monkeys - Kasabian - The Black Keys - Iggy Pop - BCNR - Car Seat Headrest 

OTHER - FRIDAY 

JOHN PEEL - FRIDAY 

MAIN - SATURDAY 

OTHER - SATURDAY 

JOHN PEEL - SATURDAY 

MAIN - SUNDAY 

OTHER - SUNDAY 

JOHN PEEL - SUNDAY 

This is very wishful thinking isn't it! 

Although if Jamiroquai turns up anywhere, I'm THERE!

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

42 minutes ago, Steveb72 said:

Still hoping for the trio of GnR, Arctics and Elton might make it a bit easier in the resale. 

I was discussing Glastonbury in the pub yesterday with someone who's never been and literally used the phrase "bucket list" - as a measure of where they are they've registered but never actually tried for tickets in the scrum.

Their view was that rumoured trio would be one of the best ever, and would cause them to go all out to get tickets.

Hope this helps.

1 minute ago, incident said:

I was discussing Glastonbury in the pub yesterday with someone who's never been and literally used the phrase "bucket list" - as a measure of where they are they've registered but never actually tried for tickets in the scrum.

Their view was that rumoured trio would be one of the best ever, and would cause them to go all out to get tickets.

Hope this helps.

Yeah same here I’d be at the Pyramid every night if I got tickets in the resale.  The general consensus is it would be poor so fingers crossed.

44 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Resale will be a bloodbath regardless of who's announced

There are a lot of regulars who missed out in the main sale. Regardless of the state of the economy or headliners, it's going to be as tough as ever. If anyone really wants to go, best have a plan C and D as backup

3 hours ago, Superscally said:

I wasn't questioning that at all. That's a quote from you and I couldn't work out what the feck you were saying. You've explained it a lot better there, but your previous comments...were in 2022...and I can't be arsed getting involved now.

Agreed. I had an awesome end to 2022 so I've not interest in starting 23 on anything but positive vibes.

3 hours ago, FirstGlastoHype said:

I know this isn’t right! 
happy new year!

MAIN - FRIDAY

OTHER - FRIDAY 

JOHN PEEL - FRIDAY 

MAIN - SATURDAY 

OTHER - SATURDAY 

JOHN PEEL - SATURDAY 

MAIN - SUNDAY 

OTHER - SUNDAY 

JOHN PEEL - SUNDAY 

If Glastonbury could pull that off then many other festivals would be out of a job.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

i think we say this every year but dont have anything measurable ?

We say it every year, and every year it turns out to be accurate. However, this year it seems like more first timers scored and a greater number of veterans missed out. That's just a casual observation, of course. No data to support that.

Personally, I'm measuring it from 120+ that I know from our extended group and closer friends who either regularly attend or haven't missed one for years. I know they'll all be doing everything they can to be there. 

Positivity with a dose of realism and a backup plan is the way forward. 

2 hours ago, incident said:

Hope this helps.

Agreed. For the general punter it's colossal. Might be the biggest for the casual of all time. 

Note: Not my opinion but average festival goer thinks:

AM > Neil Young

GnR > Springsteen. Maybe a tie.

Elton > Blur

Edited by Superscally

14 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Agreed. For the general punter it's colossal. Might be the biggest for the casual of all time. 

Note: Not my opinion but average festival goer thinks:

AM > Neil Young

GnR > Springsteen. Maybe a tie.

Elton > Blur

Out of all of those.

I'd personally not have either of the two first.

I'd go for Dua Lipa, GNR and Blur because I'd rather Elton not be as far gone in his career to do it. I'm happy I've seen him but I don't need to repeat it. That same could be said for Axl

As a trio though I'd actually like to see a Dua Lipa, Madonna and Taylor Swift. 

19 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Out of all of those.

I'd personally not have either of the two first.

I'd go for Dua Lipa, GNR and Blur because I'd rather Elton not be as far gone in his career to do it. I'm happy I've seen him but I don't need to repeat it. That same could be said for Axl

As a trio though I'd actually like to see a Dua Lipa, Madonna and Taylor Swift. 

That wasn't the argument though dude. I was comparing this year's to the Pyramid lineup that seems to get most "Fuck me that was huge" vibes. If we get the rumoured trio, people would be very excited in the majority. It would also be very good. 

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

That wasn't the argument though dude. I was comparing this year's to the Pyramid lineup that seems to get most "Fuck me that was huge" vibes. If we get the rumoured trio, people would be very excited in the majority. It would also be very good. 

Just what I'd like. I agree the rumored trio would be seen in general as huge but it is a year I could pass on. 

Yet 2022’s resale was very successful for many here, as I recall. The cost of living will factor in massively this year, potentially making more tickets than normal available. It’ll still take perseverance of course, but there are some unusual variables in the mix. 

7 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Resale will be a bloodbath regardless of who's announced.

Who is gonna have money in 3 months. Answer that question and youll see if its a bloodbath.  Then we'll see what happens next fall when it goes up another £25 price wise.

Edited by Suprefan

4 hours ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Absolutely every year the resale will be a bloodbath. No question. ~5% of the tickets up for grabs for, at an absolute minimum, 20x that number trying? Not to be a downer or anything but it's always going to be very very difficult, regardless of line up. Just how it is. 

71 out of 73 tickets purchased in last resale … keep the faith resale people 

15 hours ago, FirstGlastoHype said:

I know this isn’t right! 
happy new year!

MAIN - FRIDAY

OTHER - FRIDAY 

JOHN PEEL - FRIDAY 

MAIN - SATURDAY 

OTHER - SATURDAY 

JOHN PEEL - SATURDAY 

MAIN - SUNDAY 

OTHER - SUNDAY