The "I'm going to Glastonbury 2023" thread

Supernintendo Chalmers

Returning to the hallowed grounds once more for number seven. 

Had 5 laptops set up all on separate networks and a team of 4 manning the screens etc. To my saltyness, the perseverance of the other three started to wain when the 'sold out' sign was tweeted, with talks of planning something other than Glasto next year... 🤨

...I wasn't having it though. And at exactly 10:27am on the 6th of November, the deal was done and I'd managed to bag the tickets for our 6.

NEVER. GIVE. UP.

image.thumb.png.1510d975fec16a7016ecf8c6da1ad57d.png

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Going again, but after near 30 years of going I always feel guilty that I'm depriving someone younger from doing so. Should really step aside tbh.

Friend I’m going with first went in 1986, so nearly 40 years! Although she had a few gaps in the early 90s and early 00s when her kids were small.  

On 11/7/2022 at 7:49 PM, Pinhead said:

Going again, but after near 30 years of going I always feel guilty that I'm depriving someone younger from doing so. Should really step aside tbh.

The festival really needs the "old heads" at least until some of the younger lot become the "old heads".  The "newbies" love hearing tales of how it used to be, at least that's my experience.

5 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

Friend I’m going with first went in 1986, so nearly 40 years! Although she had a few gaps in the early 90s and early 00s when her kids were small.  

I first went in 85 and haven't had any gaps, but that's why I'm a broken husk of a man, whereas I bet your friend is primed and ready for her next festival 😊

11 hours ago, clarkete said:

I first went in 85 and haven't had any gaps, but that's why I'm a broken husk of a man, whereas I bet your friend is primed and ready for her next festival 😊

82 was my first, missed some due to kids but been working for a good few years now so unlikely to miss any until I keel over!

Both daughters were in 5 groups & with all of them trying they managed get tickets for everyone, first time this has happened.

6 hours ago, Giraffe Man said:

82 was my first, missed some due to kids but been working for a good few years now so unlikely to miss any until I keel over!

Both daughters were in 5 groups & with all of them trying they managed get tickets for everyone, first time this has happened.

Wow 82, that's one of the earliest attendances from posters here! 

On 11/9/2022 at 11:14 AM, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thank you! That's very kind 😀  

Just catching up with who's in and who's not (yet!) as am on holiday. Presume you got them?

Yep, wasn't personally successful but someone else in my group was, a good 25 minutes after the 'it's sold out' tweet!

What an absolutely bonkers sale.

• Upvote 1

Got my ticket at 9.17, and I thought I was stressing! 

First time since 2015. Due to a number of reasons didn't try again until 2019 for 2020, bad times as was renting a room in a house for a few weeks, only had my work chromebook. Not a sniff. Tried in the resale earlier this year, got to the payment page and took ages to get confirmation from my bank so ticket timed out!

Can't believe how excited I am and still 8 months to go.

• 2 months later...

Well, I'd given up this year after 32 years of attending and failing in the sales so wasn't going to bother with the resales and retire gracefully, but managed to get a Pilton residents ticket transferred over to me yesterday , so looks like no retirement this year. 

2 hours ago, Fla5hyboy said:

Well, I'd given up this year after 32 years of attending and failing in the sales so wasn't going to bother with the resales and retire gracefully, but managed to get a Pilton residents ticket transferred over to me yesterday , so looks like no retirement this year. 

That’s awesome, congrats!