2024 Headliners

17 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

A lot of members signed up to Discord (myself included) however I have only lurked occasionally on there, never posted. I don't find Discord as user friendly as this forum. I am pretty sure that the amount of members is far higher than the amount of posters for the same reason. 

@Neilsold eFestivals last year due to health reasons. 

I thought I'd join Discord to see what was said on there, but found the process incomprehensible.  I'm supposed to request a server or something.  What is that all about, and how do I know what server to request? Thanks

2 minutes ago, JonnyG said:

I thought I'd join Discord to see what was said on there, but found the process incomprehensible.  I'm supposed to request a server or something.  What is that all about, and how do I know what server to request? Thanks

It’s not going to be advertised on here I’m afraid this is someone’s business and livelihood 

5 minutes ago, JonnyG said:

I have no idea, I was invited to join last year 🙂

Edited by StoneCircle

13 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Are the kids still going?

Reckon you'll get in and appear at the meet someway 😉

my kids aren't (they go on holiday instead). i won't be getting a ticket, got to give up sometime, and I've decided this is time. its too awkward for me, and i can't enjoy it in the way i used to.

7 minutes ago, Neil said:

my kids aren't (they go on holiday instead). i won't be getting a ticket, got to give up sometime, and I've decided this is time. its too awkward for me, and i can't enjoy it in the way i used to.

Fair enough and can understand. I've always held the approach that the year I struggle or don't enjoy it as much anymore will be my last. If I'm lucky, might make it to late 50's before it becomes the case that I'm not able to enjoy it in the same way I expect to somehow(?) and don't want to flog it for the sake of it.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Fair enough and can understand. I've always held the approach that the year I struggle or don't enjoy it as much anymore will be my last. If I'm lucky, might make it to late 50's before it becomes the case that I'm not able to enjoy it in the same way I expect to somehow(?) and don't want to flog it for the sake of it.

Don’t put a time limit on it. We’re way past that age but still love it though tend to head for the tent after midnight. 😊. Ok behaviour has been ‘modified’ over the years but the experience hasn’t changed. 
And if it’s Dua, Coldplay and AN other we’ll be at the pyramid! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

22 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Don’t put a time limit on it. We’re way past that age but still love it though tend to head for the tent after midnight. 😊. Ok behaviour has been ‘modified’ over the years but the experience hasn’t changed. 
And if it’s Dua, Coldplay and AN other we’ll be at the pyramid! 

Totally agree! I didn't start going to Glastonbury until I was 48 and I don't intend to stop any time soon.  I guess doing it sober helps, but I have also learned to be less frantic about seeing everything and not risk wiping myself out yomping from the Tiny Tea Tent to Woodsies in 30 degree heat. There's always something worth seeing that's nearer.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Results from the polls I ran last night.

Percentage of people who would be happy with these acts as headliners:

• Coldplay 49%
  • Dua Lipa 55%
  • Stevie Wonder 66%
  • Stevie Nicks 75%
  • Madonna 52%
  • Olivia Rodrigo 37%
  • Billy Joel 48%
  • The 1975 28%

Stevie Nicks the biggest surprise for me, Madonna also scoring lower than I'd have thought.

Between 1200 and 1500 responded to each one.

Assume the National was in the high 90's?

8 hours ago, incident said:

Again, I'm simply commenting on those poll results.

Personally, I voted the other way.

You can go your own way 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Results from the polls I ran last night.

Percentage of people who would be happy with these acts as headliners:

• Coldplay 49%
  • Dua Lipa 55%
  • Stevie Wonder 66%
  • Stevie Nicks 75%
  • Madonna 52%
  • Olivia Rodrigo 37%
  • Billy Joel 48%
  • The 1975 28%

Stevie Nicks the biggest surprise for me, Madonna also scoring lower than I'd have thought.

Between 1200 and 1500 responded to each one.

28 percent for 1975 seems way too high.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

If this SZA thing turns out to have legs the Madonna haters will be jumping for joy.

Exactly. When I thought Stevie wonder replaced Madonna I was over the moon. O-rod inspires total apathy in our group. My partner would be absolutely buzzing for SZA. 

Don't think I've ever been happy that someone wasn't headlining