2024 Headliners

28 minutes ago, Ncahir94 said:

Been saying to my group for months. This is the time. Glastonbury this year. Seen them the last two times they’ve played together 😂. Very lucky and very random. Coachella was the best ever 

You lucky lucky human. 

6 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I think it's marvellous! 🤣 Hats off to HQ for keeping it under wraps! Not easy at all

the wait is good fun

plus once it does eventually come, its a shorter wait till areas which are arguably more fun than the main poster release anyway!

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

Yay someone’s come up my hill to die on! I’ve been banging this drum since forever 😂😂

If there was / is so much scramble for a replacement surely they’d be more noise about it? It points to me like she’s been locked in a while and it’s been held up by BST being announced (or something similar). Stevie Wonder always seemed strange. Man hasn’t done a live show since 2019 for a start. 

Whilst we’ll never fully know what goes on behind the scenes, it does feel like they’ve put all their eggs into the Madonna/Stevie basket, only for it to go tits up.

O Rod would be a great choice as a replacement.

If it is SZA, it will be the first headliner who I have zero knowledge of. Just flicked through her Spotify and I’m still none the wiser. 

5 minutes ago, nikkic said:

it is SZA, it will be the first headliner who I have zero knowledge of. Just flicked through her Spotify and I’m still none the wiser. 

Did you hit play? 😜

2 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

"When you reach for the prescriptions instead of the lasers, how old is too  old to keep clubbing? - Decoded Magazine

"SZA? Never heard of her mate. Load of old bollocks. Why don't they get someone really talented like The Levellers? Or if they're feeling more contemporary - maybe Orbital?"

Bit harsh 😂

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Just listened and too many of her songs are about sex and full of swearing. Not really appropriate for families or for the BBC.

It's the problem we hate with music these day Gonzo. We used to have squeaky clean lads like Led Zeppelin.

I love SZA but I don't know why people are talking about her headlining. The festival isn't going to do it, they're more likely to call in Foo Fighters or The Killers again than get SZA to headline.

I hope she plays and I'd be there if she headlines but she's not glastonbury headliner level. Billie and Stormzy both played Glastonbury before and had a rapturous response when they did. SZA would come out of nowhere for a lot of people.

Please can they get her to sub though.

2 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

I love SZA but I don't know why people are talking about her headlining. The festival isn't going to do it, they're more likely to call in Foo Fighters or The Killers again than get SZA to headline.

That would be death knell sh*t. Regressive, conservative bookings - whereas we know Emily isn't above taking a punt on something a bit more forward looking.

While we are exploding all existing theory adding more by the minuet it's worth adding that Rihanna did a  19 track live show yesterday.

All be it for a rich wedding not a show. 

But hey. Probably she should enter the convo right!

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Can someone name a few taps aff SZA tracks?

Having spent a while going through her Spotify, I can’t find a single one I could imagine going off on the Pyramid as part of a headline set.

Yeah. Probably wouldn't be a party set. F2F is probably the punchiest number.

Or the Black Panther one.

Edited by CaledonianGonzo

I said I don't recognise any of her tunes, not that she's in any way unsuitable to headline. 

If it's a choice of her or some guff like Kings Of Leon then she'd be my pick. 

FWIW I couldn't name a single Levellers song either. 

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Can someone name a few taps aff SZA tracks?

Having spent a while going through her Spotify, I can’t find a single one I could imagine going off on the Pyramid as part of a headline set.

That one about killing her ex. Well over a billion plays on Spotify so one or two people might know it. 

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That would be death knell sh*t. Regressive, conservative bookings - whereas we know Emily isn't above taking a punt on something a bit more forward looking.

Yeah it's a bit like if they booked Guns N Roses instead of getting Harry Styles, The 1975 or Lizzo to headline, and then just put Lizzo in a sub spot instead.

SZA is as much of a headliner as Lizzo last year.

Edited by Acid_Haze

1 minute ago, Acid_Haze said:

Yeah it's a bit like if they booked Guns N Roses instead of getting Harry Styles, The 1975 or Lizzo to headline, and then just put Lizzo in a sub spot instead.

SZA is as much of a headliner as Lizzo last year.

Check those streaming stats.

4 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

While we are exploding all existing theory adding more by the minuet it's worth adding that Rihanna did a  19 track live show yesterday.

All be it for a rich wedding not a show. 

But hey. Probably she should enter the convo right!

That’s what I said- she pulled out of being headliner last time due to having a baby ( hence GnR). It’s not beyond the realms of possibility she could headline is it? 

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Check those streaming stats.

Plus, in my mind there's a significant difference between an admittedly flawed headliner like GnR who've never played before and have some alltime classics in the holster - and bands like The Killers or The Foos who show up every few years anyway.