2024 Headliners

6 minutes ago, km9 said:

This forum is hilarious sometimes. On the one hand we have people calling for nobody lower in stature than the greatest artists in the world to headline the pyramid, and then we have people calling for someone called SZA who only a tiny minority of the world have even heard of. There must be a middle ground.

Opinions are like arseholes.....

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, km9 said:

This forum is hilarious sometimes. On the one hand we have people calling for nobody lower in stature than the greatest artists in the world to headline the pyramid, and then we have people calling for someone called SZA who only a tiny minority of the world have even heard of. There must be a middle ground.

Why must there? People have different opinions.

1 hour ago, stuie said:

The struggles are ours.  I doubt the festival are really struggling at all. Just watching the madness waiting for the time.  

Why do you doubt they are struggling? It happens frequently that people pull out late on.

Good sources point to Madonna then Stevie W and now neither so it seems likely they’re struggling to find the third artist. Wouldn’t be the first time. 

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Let's compromise on an act that is neither an enormous stadium filler nor on the cutting edge: 

Noel Gallagher and his High Flying Birds to headline.

Seems much more reasonable than SZA

23 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

While this is true to an extent, Lana hasn't had a proper hit single since Video Games, whereas Kill Bill has been everywhere for the last year.

Other than born to die and summertime sadness, Lana isn't really a "singles" type of artist though 

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Let's compromise on an act that is neither an enormous stadium filler nor on the cutting edge: 

Noel Gallagher and his High Flying Birds to headline.

Already doing Kendall Calling and Y Not.

20 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

While this is true to an extent, Lana hasn't had a proper hit single since Video Games, whereas Kill Bill has been everywhere for the last year.

I do hope they book SZA, I just feel Glastonbury do have a track record of missing out on the fresher acts and booking safe headliners. When they do book them too it's usually ones that have played the festival before - look at Billie eilish, Stormzy, Ed Sheeran etc.

I do think they're more likely to just get Foo Fighters or The Killers, Dua Lipa is their "risky booking" this year.

It reminds me of 2016 when their "risky booking" was Adele, so they booked Muse and Coldplay, both who played the festival within 6yrs previous.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Literally one of the most streamed artists in the world.

Under Bad Bunny and Peso Pluma and they aren’t doing it either! 

1 hour ago, sedra said:

That’s what I said- she pulled out of being headliner last time due to having a baby ( hence GnR). It’s not beyond the realms of possibility she could headline is it? 

For me she was definitely out due to having no plans to perform this year. But now that's broken see if there any more appearances planned.... the she should probably be right back in it . Ironically she probably one of the acts that was in the discussion right at the start. 

I think everyone else is to distracted with SZA now lol

1 hour ago, Acid_Haze said:

A bit like Lana Del Rey last year, who has very similar streaming stats too. Shame they didn't book her to headline either.

Would she have turned up piss poor late if she was a headliner then? 

1 minute ago, Ben7amin_ said:

For me she was definitely out due to having no plans to perform this year. But now that's broken see if there any more appearances planned.... the she should probably be right back in it . Ironically she probably one of the acts that was in the discussion right at the start. 

I think everyone else is to distracted with SZA now lol

Different stage show requirements for doing a wedding in Bangalore vs headlining El Pointo.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Emily could always stand at the Brits red carpet tonight handing out ‘Sunday headliner wanted’ leaflets. 😉

‘Send in ya tapes, we’re struggling here folks!’