2024 Headliners

4 minutes ago, incident said:

No? Nobody* is interested in seeing him solo.

Whereas those poll results suggest the interest for Stevie Nicks is definitely there, regardless of whether it's justified or not.

*well, someone must be, but you know what I mean.

Stevie Nicks ain't big enough to headline glasto. As you'll see soon when she plays in a non-headline slot. 

If Liam Gallagher didn't headline (shifts millions of tix but mainly due to their work from a previous band) then why would Stevie Nicks?

8 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Glasto having booking issues you say? Not such a nice feeling is it. Nobody is immune, always remember that. From Madge to Stevie ( wonder ) to something else. Imagine if Coldplay wasnt  even playing and there isnt a gigantic name in the trio to anchor it all.

Maybe you should put a hold on your smugness until after a sh*t line up has been announced, like we did with Coachella. 

We don’t know of any booking issues, just wrong rumours! 

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

Stevie Nicks ain't big enough to headline glasto. As you'll see soon when she plays in a non-headline slot. 

If Liam Gallagher didn't headline (shifts millions of tix but mainly due to their work from a previous band) then why would Stevie Nicks?

Again, I'm simply commenting on those poll results.

Personally, I voted the other way.

1 minute ago, jackslas said:

Apparently it’s Travis Scott… no idea why they’d tease Madonna directly unless she’s also coming? It’s 40 years of Rock in Rio and 40 years of Madonna so would make sense. 

image.png.9d7be2be9e362b87e527f96b8cda4195.png

• Upvote 7

The Noel Gallagher/Stevie Nicks comparison is more accurate from the perspective of bookers. If neither Gallagher brother, with something of a noticeable solo footprint, is getting the nod to headline, then there should be no reason for Nicks to either.

As somebody said, the Fleetwood Mac connection is a half-dozen or so songs in a dozen-and-a-half-song set - and of the four biggest hits they have here, Nicks sings lead on only one (Dreams). It just doesn't make a lick of sense for her to headline.

Play elsewhere on the bill? Absolutely. 

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Will respectfully disagree. Nicks as a solo artist never remotely got near the level of joy she enjoyed with Fleetwood Mac, at least to a British audience. Young conversely arguably eclipsed his band work when he went solo over here, if we're talking both Buffalo Springfield and CSNY.

agreed. She had a massive few albums in the US such that a generation that grew up in the US at start of 80's will probably recall songs (more than the 3 that CalGon just asked for) more easily than Mac songs at the time.

I think in the US market she's seen as Stevie Nicks the solo artist as much as her Fleetwood Mac history, while in UK she's mainly seen as part of Fleetwood Mac. 

Her albums weren't ever as big hits here in UK, I don't even recall her touring extensively here while she was filling places up on US tours. Bella Donna and The Wild Heart were very big albums with multiple staple songs steered into memory of US audiences, and regular staples on US album rock format stations in 80's....still are on US 'classic rock' formats today too 

8 hours ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Why did the inside info efesters move to discord? Just because Neil sold up?

cos they wanted to post rubbish about crisps and sh*t acts like mika, the sorts of posts that killed off many other festival forums. during the 25 years that here was successful.

2 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

LG has only just become big enough to headline - he isn't going to be first in their list but if he stays this size he is 100% a backup option they would consider i think

8 hours ago, incident said:

Some did, not all.

It was before that. Some twats were expending a frankly odd amount of time and effort to f**k with the forums, the discord was set up to provide a home for said twats. Neil went miles OTT trying to get rid of them, and other posters got caught in the crossfire and decided they'd had enough.

Bedding down with the twats that caused the issue in the first place doesn't make sense to me, but what can you do.

Yes, obviously I'm simplifying, but it's broadly right.

Massively simplified to not include any of the reasons why people move there in the first place from Neil lol

Calling people cucks for no reason and transphobic comments you seem to have failed to mention! But lets not turn this thread into a binfire - just trying to give the full story here.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, gfa said:

Massively simplified to not include any of the reasons why people move there in the first place from Neil lol

Calling people cucks for no reason and transphobic comments you seem to have failed to mention! But lets not turn this thread into a binfire - just trying to give the full story here.

Yes massively over simplified on both sides there by incident. 

She covered all of your points with Neil went OTT getting rid of them

Just as she simplified what the others did by f**king up the forums. 

The whole thing is better not dissected again- let’s move on FFS

13 minutes ago, gfa said:

i called out the people who needed calling out, and i took action to lose the wreckers(that you recognise as that), and i made a joke, that was only transphobic to people whose thoughts default to that, and who added in those bits themselves. I was offered a route out with treasure, and the opportunity to separate myself from here was an opportunity too good to pass up.

Just now, tarw said:

Yes massively over simplified on both sides there by incident. 

She covered all of your points with Neil went OTT getting rid of them

Just as she simplified what the others did by f**king up the forums. 

The whole thing is better not dissected again- let’s move on FFS

100% given the site was sold in May last year and people are looking forward to an announcement soon and we still have a headliner to figure out ? Will they be on the poster or not or we get the missing headliner later 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

i called out the people who needed calling out, and i took action to lose the wreckers(that you recognise as that), and i made a joke, that was only transphobic to people whose thoughts default to that, and who added in those bits themselves. I was offered a route out with treasure, and the opportunity to separate myself from here was an opportunity too good to pass up.

Yet here you still are. 

• Upvote 2