2024 Headliners

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I assumed it was Taylor Swift and Emily just doesn't want to say because she's scared of Swifties attacking her and she wants to keep her onside.

Her Eras tour started in March last year so would have been planned long before G23 headliners were locked in. 

She was obviously booked for G20 but she’s gone stratospheric since, even by her standards. If she’s going to play, I think it’ll be either side of a fallow year, so 2026 at the earliest. 

5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I assumed it was Taylor Swift and Emily just doesn't want to say because she's scared of Swifties attacking her and she wants to keep her onside.

The Guardian speculated on it being Taylor at the time and the festival didn’t comment, but Taylor had no plans to take that tour out of the US last summer, whereas Rihanna had a world tour ready to announce the day after her Super Bowl show that had to be shelved because of her pregnancy.

29 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

agreed but if its last minute cancellations what choice do they have? plus you know like sometimes you have 2 rock bands headline, why not 2 pop acts?

Exactly. Plus it’s not like anyone listening to the radio this afternoon is thinking All American Bitch is by Dua Lipa or Training Season is by Olivia Rodrigo. They’re only similar in that they’re “pop” and female.

On 1/26/2024 at 9:24 PM, onepostonly said:

Greetings UK festival fans! Hello from California, I posted on here once before and gave you something that turned out to be some useful information…. But I could not remember my old log in…. Doh 

Anyway -  You will shortly receive info that Oliver Rodrigo will be headlining Glastonbury 2024!  News from her camp is that she was going to play the festival in an non-headliner capacity but has had talks with the festivals team and will now play the main stage as a headliner instead.

I'm sure you will want to look to validate this info, I can’t give you anymore at this point, but there will be some good clues around in a couple of weeks im sure you will find. 

Peace out.

This was dismissed because of the Oliver/Olivia typo but it could easily have been a genuine mistake. 

But it also says there will be good clues around in a couple of weeks, it's now 4+ since the post.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

This was dismissed because of the Oliver/Olivia typo but it could easily have been a genuine mistake. 

But it also says there will be good clues around in a couple of weeks, it's now 4+ since the post.

Just imagine if that post was real all along! What a wild ride we have been on this year!!

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Thing is we don't know timescales.

If the post is correct - and OR was bumped up - then the Festival knew they'd lost SW over a month ago. The "clues" could just be referencing that SW was out, and they expected the news to break on that much quicker.

3 minutes ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

So with this new information coming to light…instead of it pushing the poster back…could it mean the poster is now imminent (tomorrow as predicted) with how the news has come about?

If it’s an O-Rod bump up, yes. If they need to find someone new, no.