2024 Headliners

3 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I think an O-Rod bump makes a lot of sense.  It looks good to have a headliner which is really popular with young people and a hot ticket for her own gigs right now. Would definitely get press, likely the press would be positive.

I know that Dua Lipa/Coldplay/ Olivia Rodrigo doesn't read well for the real guitars/real haircuts clan but much more interesting than someone like KoL.

Dua Lipa and Olivia Rodrigo are hitting very similar audiences though, they at least try to change it up over the 3 days. If someone was stepping up to headline I don't think it'd be her. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Just cause we only found out today it doesn't mean the festival did, they could've found out a few weeks ago for all we know.

From what I know they always tend to have someone on backup so chances are they've probably just given them a call and worked something out.

Wasn’t there a recent report that Emily had said there was a delay in dropping a poster and when we see it we will see why.  Sure I remember that being said in the last few weeks. Maybe the SW situation was the reason. 

Let’s be honest, Coldplay and Kings of Leon on the same year would be a diversity and gender disaster - will we ever escape the shackles of the white men and their guitars? 😂

10 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Dua Lipa and Olivia Rodrigo are hitting very similar audiences though, they at least try to change it up over the 3 days. If someone was stepping up to headline I don't think it'd be her. 

agreed but if its last minute cancellations what choice do they have? plus you know like sometimes you have 2 rock bands headline, why not 2 pop acts?

8 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Sense prevailed.

Maybe he's not well 😔 

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Wasn’t there a recent report that Emily had said there was a delay in dropping a poster and when we see it we will see why.  Sure I remember that being said in the last few weeks. Maybe the SW situation was the reason. 

Late last year. Circumstances may have changed.

10 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

They're young women, but that aside they're very different propositions.  It's like comparing ABBA to Joy Division.

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I think that is from the interview she gave last year so thing could have changed again since then.

8 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

No 26th Oct 

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2023-10-26/emily-eavis-drops-hints-about-glastonbury-headliner-and-legends-slots

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

Let’s be honest, Coldplay and Kings of Leon on the same year would be a diversity and gender disaster - will we ever escape the shackles of the white men and their guitars? 😂

Coldplay have mostly managed to escape their guitars, it’s all synths and saucy puppet shows now

22 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Found it

Fancy doing a 2nd post?

Assuming the original poster was legit (which they really didn't seem at the time), what have been the clues that we're meant to have found in the weeks since they posted?

Just now, mouserat said:

Assuming the original poster was legit (which they really didn't seem at the time), what have been the clues that we're meant to have found in the weeks since they posted?

Stevie Wonder pulling out?

Just now, mouserat said:

and why didn't they tell us what the "useful information" was that they gave before? Would give them a bit of credibility.