2024 Headliners

30 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Ha! i don't doubt you, but that's genuinely mindblowing. Appetite for Destruction is one of those albums that even if people hate G n R, they'll know inside out. Its probably a combination of age and demographics etc etc, and the kind of people i know and hhave talked music with, but i'm astonished that KoL could've outsold GnR in the UK! Top Shop have a lot to answer for . . . 

I'm not that surprised by KOL's sales, they are/were massively mainstream popular, but was definitely surprised by how little GNR have sold.

24 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

ppl are saying stevie is out for bst and glasto..... its going to be KoL isnt it?

I know it is getting knocked around here on a rainy Thursday morning for lack of anything else to talk about.  But beyond KOL putting some old Glasto festival clips up is anyone saying they have actually heard Stevie is out for BST (and by extension Glasto?)

6 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I know it is getting knocked around here on a rainy Thursday morning for lack of anything else to talk about.  But beyond KOL putting some old Glasto festival clips up is anyone saying they have actually heard Stevie is out for BST (and by extension Glasto?)

someone close to BST who has had BST info is saying hes out of BST. though not saying hes out of glasto but they said if hes out of BST hes prolly out of glasto too.

• Like 1

Stevie Wonder was always just duff information. Duff information from the same source that now has the inside scoop that it’s duff information. 

Been saying for weeks that nothing is certain until it’s on a poster. Madonna enters the conversation. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

cheers - okay wow then that is news.  sounds like it's wide open again for the 3rd headliner.

All 3 headliners are wide open. 

Just now, stuie said:

Stevie Wonder was always just duff information. Duff information from the same source that now has the inside scoop that it’s duff information. 

Been saying for weeks that nothing is certain until it’s on a poster. Madonna enters the conversation. 

To be fair, the suggestion it was Stevie Wonder came from multiple directions.

Meaning there's far, far more of substance to suggest he was in the plans than we ever had for Madonna.

3 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Think that was ruled out a while back

Sure - but plans can change when the circumstances do. Both for the festival and for the band (GFL losing a headliner, Blur deciding to take the Coachella money meaning they're active in a closer timeframe).

Just now, Acid_Haze said:

Stevie Wonder out, Stevie Nicks in, poster out tomorrow??

If the festival only lost SW this week then I'd expect that any potential announcement is further away, not closer.