2024 Headliners

Just now, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

It's Emily in her kitchen again with butter fingers isn't it...

Haha just thought the same thing! 

• Like 1

Just now, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I just really want them to stick the whole lineup poster in a window in the local shop on a random Thursday afternoon and that's the announcement.

Hand written list on the side of the mixing tower for each stage, put up on the morning.

29 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Maybe Dua is going to announce some stadium gigs and that is part of the delay.

Still a space at Anfield for another one.

Sorry to post a Daily Heil link but apparently she's doing a stadium tour this summer...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12794069/Dua-Lipa-embark-stadium-tour-year-huge-success-Future-Nostalgia-roadshow-Shes-going-2024.html

4 minutes ago, ProperTea said:

Ah, it's starting to add up.

20 minutes ago, ProperTea said:

There we are then. 

Dua 99.9%.

Still don’t think there’ll be any announcement until March.

2 minutes ago, nikkic said:

There we are then. 

Dua 99.9%.

Still don’t think there’ll be any announcement until March.

I now think we'll have something soon after today's fiasco. They must have something typed up and ready to go.

It's so random!! It could be literally nothing or EVERYTHING. I love it 🤣

The feeling I get from the wording is that it's part of a lineup reaction...not just Dua as a single announcement. But that's just a feeling.

Like others have suggested though,  Dua doesn't have any tour dates on sale yet, it really wouldn't make sense for her team to give the go ahead on announcing her before the tour goes on sale...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

I now think we'll have something soon after today's fiasco. They must have something typed up and ready to go.

If Dua does have an upcoming stadium tour, surely her people would want that released first?

8 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Why was she called a Nazi? 

She follows, likes and re-tweets several right-wing nazi sympathisers and accounts that post coded neo-nazi propaganda and memes.

She sometimes posts/retweets the barely coded neo-nazi memes herself, then quickly deletes them.

There's plenty of screenshots on reddit threads.

Seems more like an alt-right troll doing it for kicks than someone who's going to get a swastika tattooed on her, but still....

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Indeed. Suggests nothing coming in the short term.

Could they not use the Glastonbury publicity to also sell the stadium tour though? Reputation wise it could be a huge pull. 

I’m not sure announcements before/partway through her tour sale would alter overall ticket sales much, especially as Glastonbury is sold out until April.

Believe it was mooted here earlier in the thread about Dua Lipa struggling to shift those Future Nostalgia arena dates the other year. I think, statistically, they were all sell-outs in the end, but I've also no idea how much fudging there was to make that official. (I've definitely been to arena shows which have reported a "sold-out" boxscore through Billboard, but were clearly boasting a few hundred empty seats in noticeable patches, to say the least.)

I'm more surprised she's not taking the approach of an arena run this year and then onto stadiums in 2025. Despite those streaming figures, despite all those hit singles... just wouldn't put her on the stadium level right now. Happy to be proven imminently wrong, I'm sure, but I can't picture this being more than two or three dates.

Dua Lipa is performing at the Grammys (and possibly also winning a couple) on 4th February.  I’d expect a tour announcement around then, lots of publicity from the Grammys to help sell tickets - all in time for the Glastonbury lineup drop in early March?

That rogue sentence in today’s article, reads to me like the last sentence of a press release where they are NOT announcing Dua Lipa, but ARE giving some kind of (maybe lineup related) update - and that is part of a “notes to editors” footnote/tease.  

1 hour ago, goonerben said:

That rogue sentence in today’s article, reads to me like the last sentence of a press release where they are NOT announcing Dua Lipa, but ARE giving some kind of (maybe lineup related) update - and that is part of a “notes to editors” footnote/tease.  

This is how I read it too. Why mention “the Saturday headliner” in a line up release and not Dua by name?

Points towards us getting something sooner without  Dua and her then being announced later once her tour has sold.