2024 Headliners

On 12/28/2023 at 6:22 PM, Avalon_Fields said:

Been thinking through the Madonna situation, the story tarnishes the reputation of her and the festival so why don’t they say it’s untrue like they did with the headliners story? Seems to me the most likely reason is there’s an element of truth in it. 

If Emily rubbished the rumour she's not playing, it'd be akin to a soft confirmation.

23 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

So what are we saying the percentage changes of a Madonna / Chris Martin / Dua Lipa threesome being the answer? 70%?

I feel like the general consensus is that the latter two are a lock and Madonna is still up in the air. Who are the favourites as a Madge replacement?

50% at absolute most, with as you say Madonna being the biggest doubt.

8 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

There isn't an obvious stand in.

The obvious stand in is Bruce. Rumoured by some [shite] news outlets and I just don’t buy that the back to back nights thing is a deal breaker. Macca is 8 years older and played back to back stadiums shows on his tour last year (and a show in Frome the night before his Glasto set).

Have just been reading the 50th book, and how in the past, leaked artists would pull out because they've been leaked. 😕 I hadn't considered that alone could lead to artists backing out. 

8 hours ago, Mark H said:

The obvious stand in is Bruce. Rumoured by some [shite] news outlets and I just don’t buy that the back to back nights thing is a deal breaker. Macca is 8 years older and played back to back stadiums shows on his tour last year (and a show in Frome the night before his Glasto set).

I wouldn't go as far as 'obvious'. In fact, it's still pretty damn unlikely.

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah. She seems to not care about embargos. Too bad no glasto act can do such a thing without incurring penalties. 

Cant wait for the ''who are all these artists'' posts on the poster tomorrow further proving the age of some folks. Then the shock that it sells out lol.