2024 Headliners

36 minutes ago, stuie said:

lol at everyone getting hysterical at Killers and Coldplay just because the Daily Mail threw out some clickbait. 

Dua/Coldplay/Madge. 

People getting bent out of shape about unlikely hypothetical situations is the reason the internet exists. 

Though I do think Madge is out. Seems enough in it and wouldn't be the most surprising news.

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

I was at that Muse set. Didn’t think it really worked. A mixed set is definitely better for a festival.

I was there and as a big fan I loved the experience of it all, but it was definitely the sense that after Micro Cuts, the energy levels weren't quite the same and it only picked back up when they returned with Uprising, Supermassive and Hysteria for the second hour. Which admittedly is a 1-2-3 punch that would wake up a snoozing crowd.

I think if you think Coldplay and Killers are uninspiring then I think you've been to too many Glastonbury festivals. Those people who haven't been to many Glastonbury's will almost certainly think either or both are decent bookings even if they're not fans.

Having said that, I can't believe after saying that 2 headliners will be female they will change it to 2 male lead singer bands that have played the festival plenty of times before, even if Madonna has pulled out. 

There must be plenty of good female acts that could step in.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, ourkid1984 said:

I mean, not really? That’s been a point of discussion on this board for ages. Gaga and Rihanna are as good as out, P!nk has been chucked around a few times, Dua is likely already there, Billie too recent, O Rod more likely for 2025, Taylor looking like the one that got away. 

For active, viable, female acts there are less options than you’d think.

43 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Adele was great, which was especially triumphant after the months of ‘this is gonna be a snooze fest’ talk leading up to it. Far from it, that crowd was one of the most up for it I’ve been in for a headliner at Glastonbury. 

Was one of the most wholesome headline crowds in recent memory

26 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Let battle commence...

The Sun are saying bruce springsteen to replace Madonna...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/25107987/bruce-springsteen-advanced-talks-glastonbury-madonna/

Since the sun pinched the Madonna story from the mail can we expect the reverse to happen now?

Might not fit in with the 2 female headliners thing though a get out could be the legend spot treated as a fourth headliner.  Really wanted to seee Madonna but I’m  well up for the boss. But hes in Holland on the Saturday, bit of a push doing the farm the next day 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

19 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Since the sun pinched the Madonna story from the mail can we expect the reverse to happen now?

Might not fit in with the 2 female headliners thing though a get out could be the legend spot treated as a fourth headliner.  Really wanted to seee Madonna but I’m  well up for the boss. But hes in Holland on the Saturday, bit of a push doing the farm the next day 

1 hour ago, ourkid1984 said:

I think if you think Coldplay and Killers are uninspiring then I think you've been to too many Glastonbury festivals. Those people who haven't been to many Glastonbury's will almost certainly think either or both are decent bookings even if they're not fans.

Having said that, I can't believe after saying that 2 headliners will be female they will change it to 2 male lead singer bands that have played the festival plenty of times before, even if Madonna has pulled out. 

Emily only ever said ‘might’ be two female headliners

22 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yeah I’d love it to be him but I’m not convinced. 

1 hour ago, On The Blend said:

I mean, not really? That’s been a point of discussion on this board for ages. Gaga and Rihanna are as good as out, P!nk has been chucked around a few times, Dua is likely already there, Billie too recent, O Rod more likely for 2025, Taylor looking like the one that got away. 

For active, viable, female acts there are less options than you’d think.

I've been following the chat but didn't realise that Rihanna and Gaga were out. I think an easy swap might be P!nk. If Kylie is still being touted as the Legend spot then maybe she could come in as headliner.

Other possibles to me (admittedly not looking at touring schedules) are:

Beyonce

Miley Cyrus 

Ariana Grande

Nicki Minaj

Lana Del Rey

Katy Perry

Admittedly I don't know much about pop music, so there must be more, or maybe some on this list not as big as I thought/no longer relevant enough.

I realise there's other acts like Olivia Rodrigo who could get a bump up.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Playing a show in the Netherlands the night before and has no back-to-backs so, yeah, it's probably not gonna be him.

Does feel like there's a lack of Plan Bs, mind. Unless I'm being unimaginative.

You're not. It seems they've made a mess of it.