2024 Headliners

45 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's not her that modifies it....?

She's paying choreographers, lighting designers, etc. Stuart Price is in charge of the music.

She'll need to sign off on it, sure, but that doesn't need a break in the tour. 

Then, assuming it's a modified version of the current show rather than something 100% new, the timing still stacks up.

But let's see if BST gets announced...

Cant see Madge signing off on a show she hasnt rehearsed herself and i dont think theres enough time to do that.

Again, hope Im wrong but it doesnt seem realistic. 

There's no doubt a lot of production changes would be needed, but it's by no means impossible.

The biggest obstacle would be weatherproofing it against a U2 style downpour.

Here's a clip I took from the (relatively) cheap seats at Wednesday's show (quality not great but you get the idea).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1986 said:

Kendrick’s performance was something basically tailor made for Glasto and one other show wasn’t it? 

Partially. The tour itself had most of the same elements and was half an hour longer. Kind of easier to expand on a performance rather than shrink it down.

If youre talking Madge logistics then no way does Taylor ever do it either simply due to all the moving parts and no way to have an extended catwalk or even the led flooring and such thats used.

Edited by Suprefan

21 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

If youre talking Madge logistics then no way does Taylor ever do it either simply due to all the moving parts and no way to have an extended catwalk or even the led flooring and such thats used.

Exactly. Coldplay managed to reduce their tour set to fit within the Pyramid in 2016 without the stage extensions and extra little stages you'd have seen if you went to their tour at the time. The idea that a stadium production wouldn't fit at Glastonbury so therefore the act isn't playing has never had any legs, imo.

43 minutes ago, doogie said:

There's no doubt a lot of production changes would be needed, but it's by no means impossible.

The biggest obstacle would be weatherproofing it against a U2 style downpour.

Here's a clip I took from the (relatively) cheap seats at Wednesday's show (quality not great but you get the idea).

I really can't see what the problem is. Fewer walkways seems to be the only issue and that for professional people is no problem at all.

There really would not be that much to change to make it happen if they wanted cos when people want to do something they will make changes so it happens.

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

when people want to do something they will make changes so it happens.

This is exactly it. It’s hardly beyond the wit of man to get it sorted if the will is there. Whether it is or not is a different matter, though if BST is announced I’d be shocked if it didn’t happen. 

18 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Jay Z - One of the world's best-selling music artists with 140 million records sold, Jay-Z has won 24 Grammy Awards, the tenth-most of all time and most awarded for any hip hop artist jointly with Kanye West. He has been awarded the NAACP's President's Award, a Primetime Emmy Award, a Sports Emmy Award, and been nominated for a Tony Award. Ranked by Billboard and Rolling Stone as one of the 100 greatest artists of all time, Jay-Z was the first rapper to be inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame and the first solo living rapper inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Time named him one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2013.

Sure, but in 2008, he wasn’t as big. I wasnt at Glastonbury but saw him at Rock Werchter where he was 4th down the bill. He certainly wasn’t seen as that big then, and was headlining arenas, not stadia that year. 

6 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Sure, but in 2008, he wasn’t as big. I wasnt at Glastonbury but saw him at Rock Werchter where he was 4th down the bill. He certainly wasn’t seen as that big then, and was headlining arenas, not stadia that year. 

Yup, he hadn’t even had a top 20 album in the U.K. at the time of him headlining - a far cry from the mega star he’d become in the years following. 

On 11/27/2023 at 11:11 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Put a search into Twitter dot com. Seems to be lots of South Americans talking up a Madge performance at Rock In Rio.

https://www.cnnbrasil.com.br/entretenimento/madonna-estaria-negociando-show-no-rock-in-rio-2024-diz-site/

Bodes well for outside gigs.

Still a lot of lusophone discussions about this on the X social media app. Admittedly that's in September, but I'm still taking it as a positive. 

If anyone speaks Portuguese they may be able to glean more info.

5 hours ago, maelzoid said:

He still only subbed TITP in 2010

5 hours ago, On The Blend said:

This is exactly it. It’s hardly beyond the wit of man to get it sorted if the will is there. Whether it is or not is a different matter, though if BST is announced I’d be shocked if it didn’t happen. 

Thats what it all hinges on with Madge now. At least one other festival announcement. Can’t see her doing the Big G as a one off.

7 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I really can't see what the problem is. Fewer walkways seems to be the only issue and that for professional people is no problem at all.

There really would not be that much to change to make it happen if they wanted cos when people want to do something they will make changes so it happens.

Exactly. All this chat about no rehearsal time baffles me because there's surely a high chance they always planned to adapt the show for outdoor festivals and therefore already planned and sorted it all before this tour started? 

Sure there's a light refresher needed before the first festival but it's not like the idea of doing an outdoor show would only have come to them now. You'd design the tour and figure out the scaled back version at the same time.