2024 Headliners

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

This is true isn't it? Don't think I've ever seen that noticed until now.

2000 was hot and sunny when they first played, and Friday on 2002 was a lovely time with campfires right up the Pyramid hill (back when we were allowed them). 2005, 2011 and 2016 were, however, absolute sh*t

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Drinky said:

Lana was a strange one as it went on sale after she’d been announced for Glastonbury and had her big huff about her billing. 

Lana was a very, very late booking after someone (possibly Justin Timberlake) decided not to tour and pulled out of their pencilled in date.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, incident said:

Lana was a very, very late booking after someone (possibly Justin Timberlake) decided not to tour and pulled out of their pencilled in date.

And BST then immediately confirmed her as G headline level (except for the fact that she'd spectacularly burned her bridges).

Edited by CaledonianGonzo

Yeah the first time they headlined was lovely, but since then it's arguably gotten increasingly worse! Will be interested/horrified to see if they can top 2016!
(I know 2005 was more memorable as a bad year than 2011 but from memory the majority of the time at the fest it wasn't raining, just that morning) 

22 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

It has been true of the last 3 they headlined (2005,2011,2016) might not have always rained in the set but the site has always been really muddy. 

The rain gods desperately trying to tell us

"FFS don't book that lot again"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, gfa said:

Coachella are undoubtedly the best at it.

American insular version of diversity(where they can't look at the whole planet, cos all those countries they've never heard of scare them. 😛 )

On 10/27/2023 at 10:35 PM, Neil said:

American insular version of diversity(where they can't look at the whole planet, cos all those countries they've never heard of scare them. 😛 )

yet they had two foreign language headliners this year...

I don't love coachella like suprefan, iv'e never been - but there is some stuff they clearly do very well compared to glasto (and obviously vice versa)

On 10/27/2023 at 3:17 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

When does BST usually announce ? That might give us a bit more 

Green Day are announcing tour dates on Thursday and some people seem under the impression they're doing BST HP. Or at least were in other threads.

If that is the case, we might know soon enough. Much as I'd prefer to see them elsewhere - saw them at Hyde Park in 2017 and while I had a nice time, I just find London's park venues aren't loud enough.

21 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Green Day are announcing tour dates on Thursday and some people seem under the impression they're doing BST HP. Or at least were in other threads.

If that is the case, we might know soon enough. Much as I'd prefer to see them elsewhere - saw them at Hyde Park in 2017 and while I had a nice time, I just find London's park venues aren't loud enough.

Hyde park (and Finsbury Park) are both pretty good now - saw LDR and Pearl Jam at Hyde and Pulp and Sam Fender at Finsbury in the recent past. The only outdoor sound issues I've had in London had been Strokes at APE (twice). The rest are pretty good.

6 minutes ago, Nestacres said:

Hyde park (and Finsbury Park) are both pretty good now - saw LDR and Pearl Jam at Hyde and Pulp and Sam Fender at Finsbury in the recent past. The only outdoor sound issues I've had in London had been Strokes at APE (twice). The rest are pretty good.

See I saw Pulp at Finsbury and thought it wasn't as loud as I'd like, though it was better than when I saw Arctic Monkeys there in 2014 or QOTSA in 2018.

8 minutes ago, charlierc said:

See I saw Pulp at Finsbury and thought it wasn't as loud as I'd like, though it was better than when I saw Arctic Monkeys there in 2014 or QOTSA in 2018.

I think there is an issue at Finsbury regarding where you are standing. To the sides are quieter than straight down the middle, but that's the way sound carries i guess