2024 Headliners

21 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Madonna hasnt headlined either and you were complaining it wasn’t contemporary yesterday. Almost like you have another bizarre agenda!

i know madge hasn't headlined before but it still doesn't feel like an imaginative booking it feels like a tick-list booking. gnR last year reeked of desperation.

18 minutes ago, Neil said:

i know madge hasn't headlined before but it still doesn't feel like an imaginative booking it feels like a tick-list booking. gnR last year reeked of desperation.

GnR are one of the biggest rock bands in the world, it doesn't matter if it was desperate it was a good booking. Madonna isn't "imaginative" because every year she gets mentioned, and she's never done it. Mightn't be imaginative, but would literally be unique, different and new. 

1 hour ago, Neil said:

talking heads would be fresh, because they haven't headlined loads already, i don't have three names to give you, cos i'm not the boker, and i'd hope the bookers are be a more  knowledgable and imaginative than me.

Talking Heads would be fresh because they've been split up for over 30 years and have outright said they won't be getting back together, so also impossible. Also, for someone preaching contemporary, that is hilariously hypocritical.

If you want contemporary then start talking Fred Again..., Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish, SZA, Drake, Olivia Rodrigo - although I'm sure you'd have an issue with them headlining as well.

21 minutes ago, Gejonimo said:

GnR are one of the biggest rock bands in the world, it doesn't matter if it was desperate it was a good booking. Madonna isn't "imaginative" because every year she gets mentioned, and she's never done it. Mightn't be imaginative, but would literally be unique, different and new. 

Talking Heads would be fresh because they've been split up for over 30 years and have outright said they won't be getting back together, so also impossible. Also, for someone preaching contemporary, that is hilariously hypocritical.

If you want contemporary then start talking Fred Again..., Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish, SZA, Drake, Olivia Rodrigo - although I'm sure you'd have an issue with them headlining as well.

some of them have headlined and i had no issue with them - last one i can remember having an issue with was the cure. talking heads wasn't my suggestion , someone  threw the name at me, knowing they're a band i like (so no hypocrisy). they would be a great headliner, in the same way as plenty think madge would be a great headliner.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

did they have a tiny crowd???? how come if they were such a great booking????

Everyone I know who went had a cracking time. Many of whom were not at all up for it beforehand. Something a bit different to the usual.

Certainly made some of the doomsayers on here look very stupid.

Edited by strummer77

6 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Everyone I know who went had a cracking time. Many of whom were not at all up for it beforehand. Something a bit different to the usual.

Was a good night. Crowd was bigger than I expected TBH

1 hour ago, strummer77 said:

Doomsayers? People predicted a bad show and that's exactly what we got. A fun show maybe, but also a comically bad one. 

4 hours ago, Gejonimo said:

Fred Again

Dter8_MXQAEwDSd.thumb.jpg.63f3319e1171bc0992818560ea9be82f.jpg