2024 Headliners

42 minutes ago, Neil said:

i've got a useful Liam contact. will try to get some info there.

i've asked the question and will see where it goes.  matey has blagged glasto tickets from liam_world before now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I don't think Emily being there means anything to be honest.

She's one of the most influential women in the industry, it's hardly a shock she'd be at the opening night of one of the biggest tours this year.

There are two ways of looking at it, aren't there? Either way, whether Madonna's a lock or not (I have to say, I think she is), after the post-festival lull, it's kicked off the speculation for 2024 in good style. Emily knows exactly what she's doing by posting that on social media. It brings Glastonbury nicely to the top of the public's consciousness with under three weeks to go until the sale. Not that sales need a boost, but it's all good PR. And if I'm a Madonna fan with a penchant for festivals, I'd probably be chancing my arm with a (mostly) refundable deposit in the hope Madge is there, especially after what I might have seen or heard from Elton's Pyramid show. It's bubbling nicely...

7 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

There are two ways of looking at it, aren't there? Either way, whether Madonna's a lock or not (I have to say, I think she is), after the post-festival lull, it's kicked off the speculation for 2024 in good style. Emily knows exactly what she's doing by posting that on social media. It brings Glastonbury nicely to the top of the public's consciousness with under three weeks to go until the sale. Not that sales need a boost, but it's all good PR. And if I'm a Madonna fan with a penchant for festivals, I'd probably be chancing my arm with a (mostly) refundable deposit in the hope Madge is there, especially after what I might have seen or heard from Elton's Pyramid show. It's bubbling nicely...

Totally agree with this. 

I wonder how/when they are going to announce her.    I think she'll get an early announcement, in the style of the rocket last year. 

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

Totally agree with this. 

I wonder how/when they are going to announce her.    I think she'll get an early announcement, in the style of the rocket last year. 

The announcement would probably depend on what else she's doing next summer. If she's over here for Glasto then I'd bet my bottom dollar on a BST show too, in which case they might have to be a little more muted with any announcement (not that she wouldn't sell Hyde Park in seconds).

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

The announcement would probably depend on what else she's doing next summer. If she's over here for Glasto then I'd bet my bottom dollar on a BST show too, in which case they might have to be a little more muted with any announcement (not that she wouldn't sell Hyde Park in seconds).

Yep. A Hyde Park show would offset the relatively lower fee that Glastonbury would pay. Certainly make the trip back over more worthwhile financially overall.

It's been done before, hasn't it? In fact, wasn't Taylor doing the BST/Glasto one-two in 2020? And the Stones in 2013.

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yep. A Hyde Park show would offset the relatively lower fee that Glastonbury would pay. Certainly make the trip back over more worthwhile financially overall.

It's been done before, hasn't it? In fact, wasn't Taylor doing the BST/Glasto one-two in 2020? And the Stones in 2013.

It's a lot more common than you think.

GnR did both this year. Taylor and Kendrick were both meant to do it in 2020....

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

that was a teaser, not an announcement.

LOL.

It was an announcement to everyone apart from you who refused to believe it, if I recall. 

BBC Glasto webcam posted that at 17:00 on 1st December, followed up by Glasto website the next morning.  Not much of a drawn out teaser.

9 minutes ago, stuie said:

LOL.

It was an announcement to everyone apart from you who refused to believe it, if I recall. 

BBC Glasto webcam posted that at 17:00 on 1st December, followed up by Glasto website the next morning.  Not much of a drawn out teaser.

if they wanted to announce they could have done and didn't need to arse around, this website always worked by "confirmed by the festival, elton had not been confirmed, your guess is not a confirmation.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Neil said:

if they wanted to announce they could have done and didn't need to arse around, this website always worked by "confirmed by the festival, elton had not been confirmed, your guess is not a confirmation.

sure...

if they wanted to announce Stomzy they could have done and didn't need to arse around putting posters in Oxfam windows.  When they announced Radiohead, they could have done and didn't need to arse around painting the bear on the field.

Stop being so pedantic.  It was the announcement.

Edited by stuie

36 minutes ago, stuie said:

LOL.

At the time he didn’t even believe it was teaser so this is progress.

’it’s a rocket not a rocket man’ 😂😂

4 hours ago, Drinky said:

The Mail, Mirror and Sun all ran very similar stories (that are now syndicated worldwide) that there was a ‘battle’ and ‘bidding war’ between Coachella and Glastonbury for Dua.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/glastonbury-coachellas-battle-sign-huge-31131399.amp for example.

That kind of story will have come from someone on Dua’s side, and they surely know that Glastonbury doesn’t get into bidding wars (especially not against the deep pockets of Goldenvoice), so it’s an odd kind of story to put out… unless the plan is to swerve Glastonbury for bigger money at Coachella

Cant really get bigger money than $8 million for 2 shows plus all the extra production stuff and a worldwide livestream. 

18 minutes ago, stuie said:

sure...

if they wanted to announce Stomzy they could have done and didn't need to arse around putting posters in Oxfam windows.  When they announced Radiohead, they could have done and didn't need to arse around painting the bear on the field.

Stop being so pedantic.  It was the announcement.

it's not pedandtic, it is  (maybe now 'was') part of  how this website had chosen to operate for over twenty years.  more than long enough for you to setup your own thing if you  as a person had more to you  than worthless guff.

it wasn't the announcement they made that afterwards (why did they do that if the teaser was the announcement?; this website had had elton rumoured for over a year at that point) he was stil,.l a rumour and not confirmed by the festival. with stormzy and radiohead, this website waited for the official confirm. you don't get to bully this website into changing its established ways.

10 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

that was laterally correct. people like you put your own meaning on it - you made it up.

and of course it can be recognised as that teaser now, cos an announcement came after.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

it's not pedandtic, it is  (maybe now 'was') part of  how this website had chosen to operate for over twenty years.  more than long enough for you to setup your own thing if you  as a person had more to you  than worthless guff.

it wasn't the announcement they made that afterwards (why did they do that if the teaser was the announcement?; this website had had elton rumoured for over a year at that point) he was stil,.l a rumour and not confirmed by the festival. with stormzy and radiohead, this website waited for the official confirm. you don't get to bully this website into changing its established ways.

I haven't mentioned this website once.  You commented on my post saying Glastonbury releasing the rocket photo wasn't an announcement and then claim I'm bullying this website.  Absolute weirdo. I wasn't even in conversation with you.

12 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

At the time he didn’t even believe it was teaser so this is progress.

what is it about tormenting the brain damaged man that makes your day? does it make you feel big and clever to  be that  level of c**t, its not a good look.

1 minute ago, stuie said:

I haven't mentioned this website once.  You commented on my post saying Glastonbury releasing the rocket photo wasn't an announcement and then claim I'm bullying this website.  Absolute weirdo. I wasn't even in conversation with you.

a bunch of people tried to bully me into listing elton as confirmed when he wasn't confirmed, cos you're now taking that line, i presumed you were one of them.

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

a bunch of people tried to bully me into listing elton as confirmed when he wasn't confirmed, cos you're now taking that line, i presumed you were one of them.

I was simply musing over how a Madonna announcement may go and you went in at me again. 

I've never tried to tell you how to run your website or told you when you should list anything as confirmed. 

You presumed wrong.

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

I was simply musing over how a Madonna announcement may go and you went in at me again. 

I've never tried to tell you how to run your website or told you when you should list anything as confirmed. 

You presumed wrong.

you spend a lot of time telling me what you think is wrong with my posts (you follow me round all sorts of threads to do it), your employer has to pay you for that brain space i get it free. 🙂 

Edited by Neil

17 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Cant really get bigger money than $8 million for 2 shows plus all the extra production stuff and a worldwide livestream. 

That’s why it’s such a weird line to feed the papers with… what’s your take on it? (I’m convinced she’ll do Coachella but less so about Glastonbury after that)

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

you spend a lot of time telling me what you think is wrong with my posts (you follow me round all sorts of threads to do it), your employer has to pay you for that brain space i get it free. 🙂 

You followed me here, Neil.  And you're in all the threads - I'm not following you. 

I can't be doing with arguing with you again.  It had all settled down nicely, lets co exist and you can put me on ignore if it helps. 

I pay myself btw, so no need to concern yourself about my employer. 

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

You followed me here, Neil.  And you're in all the threads - I'm not following you. 

I can't be doing with arguing with you again.  It had all settled down nicely, lets co exist and you can put me on ignore if it helps. 

I pay myself btw, so no need to concern yourself about my employer. 

you have spent much of this year following me - so how come i get a freebie???

i'm not in all the threads, just the ones that interest me which would generally be different ones to you.