2024 Headliners

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

And funny enough there were a bunch of people who thought Taylors uk tour next year would have loads of cheap rickets to be had and that never will materialize. Never underestimate the power of a break. Or even that Rihanna has 14 number 1's which is a lot more than Coldplay could ever dream of.

30 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I can’t wait to hear your excuses when Rihanna does eventually announce (& sells out) a huge world stadium tour. 

to both of these

Its all well and good counting number 1s and rihanna will definitely sell out a huge stadium tour, but i don't think she could keep doing big stadium tours here more years than not in the UK like Coldplay are, which is where this conversation started

2 hours ago, gfa said:

to both of these

Its all well and good counting number 1s and rihanna will definitely sell out a huge stadium tour, but i don't think she could keep doing big stadium tours here more years than not in the UK like Coldplay are, which is where this conversation started

This is the point.

Rhianna could announce a tour and shift a tonne of tickets, but then that would be it.

Coldplay sell out stadia year after year after year. They've never needed to go away to give their popularity a boost.

24 minutes ago, VCK said:

Pink headlining? Is this 2002?

To be fair, and it came as a shock to me to find this out when she was mooted last year, she sells out stadiums and did 2 nights at Hyde Park last year. So by that metric, she's easily big enough.

1 hour ago, matrainertje said:

Still a fresh newcomer compared to Axl and the boys. 

The difference is that GNR have that aura of legendary status so they'll always headline wherever they play. Having looked, in terms of UK fests she has played 4th down at V Festival, 5th down at TITP, and subbed IOW so even at her peak she never headlined anywhere here. I can imagine her being better suited to a Miley Cyrus/Katy Perry type slot.

50 minutes ago, VCK said:

The difference is that GNR have that aura of legendary status so they'll always headline wherever they play. Having looked, in terms of UK fests she has played 4th down at V Festival, 5th down at TITP, and subbed IOW so even at her peak she never headlined anywhere here. I can imagine her being better suited to a Miley Cyrus/Katy Perry type slot.

Not saying I think she should headline, but she’s just done two nights headlining BST so she’s still a big ticket shifter. 

50 minutes ago, VCK said:

She headlined V festival 2017.

2 hours ago, Drinky said:

And she did it so well they decided they never needed to hold the festival again!

It was dying for years before that, not because of her headlining! 

Feel like Pink has a very strong/committed fan base, how well she'd translate to headlining Glasto, I don't know. A strong sub maybe, but can't see her having wide enough appeal.

Pink > Coldplay

O-Rod > Dua Lipa

Dave > Rhianna 

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON