All Points East 2023

gfa

8 minutes ago, gregory said:

Anyone know of any spots that people hang out to hear/watch the festival from outside the arena? Not local to London, but know this happens for Hyde Park gigs sometimes etc.

It's a big park and not all of it is used for the concert. I have seen people sitting around listening to the music. However, I think you may need to enter via some of the other park gates and not the main one used for entering the concert. Hopefully, someone else will know the best gates to use.

• Upvote 1

Really annoying that the 4 big bands all clash with each other, seems daft not having YYYs on the same stage as the strokes as I'm fully expecting Karen O to come out for modern girls and old fashion men. Shame I have to choose between black midi and YYYs but at least I can catch the first 20 or so mins of girl in red. 

2 hours ago, gregory said:

Anyone know of any spots that people hang out to hear/watch the festival from outside the arena? Not local to London, but know this happens for Hyde Park gigs sometimes etc.

Skatepark i think has a decent view

• Upvote 1

Anyone who's going to Jungle on Saturday should definitely check our Teki Latex at 6pm on 6 Music stage. Saw him on Sunday night at Pukkelpop and he was mind blowing. The guy is known as the 'king of blends' and the way he moved from one genre to another and between wildly different bpms, often perfectly laying breaks and heavy 4/4 beats over well known songs, was just something else!

I'd love to see the full track list but can remember he played the Succession theme tune, Hoobastank 'The Reason', Omni Trio 'renegade snares' (was a staple from my raving days in the early 90's'), Paul Woolford 'Erotic discourse' and he finished on the original version of Seal 'Kiss from a Rose' as the fireworks from the Main went off behind the open air stage he was playing on. I DJ myself but struggled to keep up with what he was doing and how he seamlessly transitioned from one tune to another -  it was just on another level!

The end of his APE set clashes with Nia Archives, who was also a highlight from the weekend, but I'd definitely recommend catching her too. If it wasn't for the fact I've already got plans on Saturday I'd be seriously looking to book trains and tickets just to see them two.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gregory said:

I walk round the park almost daily and it definitely feels like there's plenty of spots outside the fence to listen, especially to the East Stage. I plan to do that on Monday for Haim!

4 hours ago, LosSurenos said:

What do we think ticket sales are like for Saturday? Mate might be after a last minute ticket.

Not much discount for Sat APE Jungle unless you wanna risk it on twitter. Twickets still have a few atm for £60+ whereas the Axs official resale has £67 vs the current £71 tkt price inclu fees so slight saving worth a drink 🙂

On 8/22/2023 at 1:10 PM, Tamzaghi said:

On way out at night hard agree with grayfitz & FakeEmpire et al. Walking back to Bethnal Green is the way to go. After bands end they tend to hold you outside Mile End for ages on both sides of the road so can take an age to actually get in. They do  put extra trains on so it's pretty fast once you are down the stairs into the tube station & tends to be fairly well organised. If you can get night tube the deffo head for the pub for a pint to allow queues to drop abit. The Crown is ok open to midnight & on corner by main way in so Crown gate on Grove road however we prefer the People's park tavern near Queens gate on victoria park road as better drinks & tends to stay open abit later. YMMV though 🙂

20 hours ago, gregory said:

Is it the Raemers one in the middle of the park? A post from last year said you can see the West Stage from it but it looks no where near… 

not sure tbh - just what i heard, seems others are better informed. follow the sound i guess

17 hours ago, LosSurenos said:

What do we think ticket sales are like for Saturday? Mate might be after a last minute ticket.

keep holding out till day of