All Points East 2023

gfa

46 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Quite funny that APE have got a band who supported Billie Eilish last year at the O2 Arena to headline their festival.

A band who were THE SUPPORT for an arena artist - not even the headliner.
Nonetheless, looking forward to the freebies.

As much as I agree they shouldn't be headlining, Billie Eillish played like 10 shows, hardly your typical "arena" headliner. 

speaking as a Jungle fan - saw them twice on their most recent album tour - even i find this baffling. even simply comparing this to the Gorillaz/Tame Impala group from last year, it seems like a reach. great live act but they don’t strike me as a band that 40k people would base an August weekend day around

Price of this is mad. Wouldnt be so bad if it was like £40, or had a stronger undercard. Like people thought Christine & the Queens was a weak headliner initially, but that day had some great stuff on - James Blake, Metronomy, Maribou State, Kamasi W, Beach House, Kurt V, Princess Nokia, Ezra Collective, Rina Sawayama, Andrew Weatherall,, Yves Tumor etc. Great lineup considering I got a free ticket.

It's quite a decent lineup, and I love Jungle, but yeah... This is really gonna struggle to shift tickets, especially at the current price point! They couldn't even sell out South Facing or Millennium Square last summer (MS was £35 a ticket too). 

What happened to PinkPantheress and Nia Archives? Do we think those will still be added later?

6 hours ago, Enkidu said:

Price of this is mad. Wouldnt be so bad if it was like £40, or had a stronger undercard. Like people thought Christine & the Queens was a weak headliner initially, but that day had some great stuff on - James Blake, Metronomy, Maribou State, Kamasi W, Beach House, Kurt V, Princess Nokia, Ezra Collective, Rina Sawayama, Andrew Weatherall,, Yves Tumor etc. Great lineup considering I got a free ticket.

How do you get free tickets for this event?

Going to the Friday of APE after my lovely wife got me a ticket (massive Strokes fan, first time seeing them, slightly excited!). Whats it like as a venue, is the sound quality good? Crowd there to see the main acts because they want to be there or not arsed? 

Assume you can't take any booze in the venue, is it a ball ache to get a drink inside?

Thanks in advance 🙂

2 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Going to the Friday of APE after my lovely wife got me a ticket (massive Strokes fan, first time seeing them, slightly excited!). Whats it like as a venue, is the sound quality good? Crowd there to see the main acts because they want to be there or not arsed? 

Assume you can't take any booze in the venue, is it a ball ache to get a drink inside?

Thanks in advance 🙂

There's plenty of bars but a lot just do cans. My recollection is there was only one bar doing pints where I did queue for up to about ten mins but no issue at the can bars.

2 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Thanks in advance 🙂

The sound was super memorable last time The Strokes played APE.

• Like 1

That festival in Malaga at the end of August (Cala Mija) has been brought up here a few times as Arcade Fire are headlining (as are the Strokes and Florence & the Machine). They announced new acts today with AF still included atop the bill, so safe to say at this stage, they won't be dropping out of there I'd say. Still not sure I'd expect them at APE. 

But looking at the rest of that bill, there are a few acts I could see added, but main question I've got is whether Idles are an option for this (ideally on The Strokes day to save me some cash!!)?

I wouldn't have thought they'd be headliner material, but if Jungle are.... 

Speaking of which, Jungle releasing new music next week. Maybe they're gonna go supersonic, and it'll look like a really smart booking?... 

EDIT: Just spotted AF headlining a festival in Portugal in the first week of September too. That's new, is it? Bill includes Aphex Twin, Florence, the Blaze, m83, yeah yeah yeahs, amyl... 

Edited by ConfidenceMan

32 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

That festival in Malaga at the end of August (Cala Mija) has been brought up here a few times as Arcade Fire are headlining (as are the Strokes and Florence & the Machine). They announced new acts today with AF still included atop the bill, so safe to say at this stage, they won't be dropping out of there I'd say. Still not sure I'd expect them at APE. 

But looking at the rest of that bill, there are a few acts I could see added, but main question I've got is whether Idles are an option for this (ideally on The Strokes day to save me some cash!!)?

I wouldn't have thought they'd be headliner material, but if Jungle are.... 

Speaking of which, Jungle releasing new music next week. Maybe they're gonna go supersonic, and it'll look like a really smart booking?... 

EDIT: Just spotted AF headlining a festival in Portugal in the first week of September too. That's new, is it? Bill includes Aphex Twin, Florence, the Blaze, m83, yeah yeah yeahs, amyl... 

IDLES are a UK exclusive supporting Jamie T at finsbury