ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

43 minutes ago, Hoolly said:

A group of 9 of us are trying for tickets, does anyone know if i get through and enter 6 peoples registration numbers but another friend has already got 1 of the registrations i tried to enter a ticket, does this block the other 5 registrations for 10 minutes?

13 hours ago, gfa said:

I'd get a revolut card, works very well for me. also lets you make one time cards for helper s:) 

Yes, best to have other options other than your main card just in case, thinking further on this , when buying in the resale the full ticket price is payable and there will be fewer transactions, it is possible they won't implement the verification system for the deposits since there is time to sort out any card issues later, still best to be prepared though.

2 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Yes, best to have other options other than your main card just in case, thinking further on this , when buying in the resale the full ticket price is payable and there will be fewer transactions, it is possible they won't implement the verification system for the deposits since there is time to sort out any card issues later, still best to be prepared though.

the verification system is surely a bank thing and not a festival thing ?

The banking verification whilst in general is a very good thing does add another lever of jeopardy into what already is the most stressful event I willingly sign up for. 

I can only imaging the blind panic if I get through around 9:40am on my phone and then need to open an app to approve.

Even worse, if my impoverished student daughter gets through, then rings me then I need to approve on the same phone!

More sleepless nights to come then!

8 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

It is. Some card providers are more aggressive about it than others - in the March resale my credit card didn't prompt for SCA at all, whereas my debit card did (each used for multiple transactions).

5 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

The banking verification whilst in general is a very good thing does add another lever of jeopardy into what already is the most stressful event I willingly sign up for. 

I can only imaging the blind panic if I get through around 9:40am on my phone and then need to open an app to approve.

Even worse, if my impoverished student daughter gets through, then rings me then I need to approve on the same phone!

yeah it stresses me out ...in the initial bus sale I got very close to timing out( shakey hands )  when I got them for my mates and that was without the need for verification maybe I should switch to a bank that doesnt require it 🙂 

8 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

The verification on my bank card almost lost me my tickets in the resale this year. The verification screen wouldn't open up properly (to choose between verify on app or a call or text) and was just plain white with no text so I was stuck for ages and couldn't do anything- I assume as the page was so busy. After the 'sorry - all tickets allocated' message from the festival on Twitter and the site I assumed I'd lost them. Was really pissed off and I'm not sure why I didn't just close the page in anger, but just messing about I went back, entered everything again and the bank verification page loaded, and they payment went through. I honestly thought it was sold out and I wasn't even doing it with any hope at all of it going through - I'm not even sure what made me try it again as was totally fed up at that point. So I paid for tickets about 10 minutes after the tickets allocated and sold out messages were sent out. I didn't really believe it even with the order number on screen until I could see money had gone from the bank and I got the email.

This worries me for the weekend though myself - if I do get through (this year was the first time in ages) will the bank verification stop me again? 😬

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Hoolly said:

A group of 9 of us are trying for tickets, does anyone know if i get through and enter 6 peoples registration numbers but another friend has already got 1 of the registrations i tried to enter a ticket, does this block the other 5 registrations for 10 minutes?

We had this a few years back in the main sale. Not only did it not let us proceed it also lost us our chance and would not let us have another go with the numbers not used. We never did get in again and the people involved missed out on the resale and the festival 😩

7 minutes ago, Chip Batch said:

The verification on my bank card almost lost me my tickets in the resale this year. The verification screen wouldn't open up properly (to choose between verify on app or a call or text) and was just plain white with no text so I was stuck for ages and couldn't do anything- I assume as the page was so busy. After the 'sorry - all tickets allocated' message from the festival on Twitter and the site I assumed I'd lost them. Was really pissed off and I'm not sure why I didn't just close the page in anger, but just messing about I went back, entered everything again and the bank verification page loaded, and they payment went through. I honestly thought it was sold out and I wasn't even doing it with any hope at all of it going through - I'm not even sure what made me try it again as was totally fed up at that point. So I paid for tickets about 10 minutes after the tickets allocated and sold out messages were sent out. I didn't really believe it even with the order number on screen until I could see money had gone from the bank and I got the email.

This worries me for the weekend though myself - if I do get through (this year was the first time in ages) will the bank verification stop me again? 😬

Marvellous! That makes it even worse! Well done for getting the tickets though! 

33 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

It is but it only kicks in when they get authorisation from the bank, I suppose it is possible to collect the card details and process the sale later, companies such as insurance process renewals without your input so I guess it is possible to do, having said that I fully expect they will get authorisation when paying and it will lead to issues such as Chip Batch describes.

On 10/28/2022 at 1:01 PM, topmarksbri said:

Curious if anyone has any anecdotal evidence from friends who don't regularly attend etc how much interest there is this year? Amongst my group basically no change from regular attendees but no real additions either. 

We've had 6 drop out (four are at a wedding abroad, one has just had a baby and the other I don't know why), but then also 5 replace them...so virtually the same.

Interestingly the group isn't any bigger which is a first!

45 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

31 minutes ago, incident said:

It is. Some card providers are more aggressive about it than others - in the March resale my credit card didn't prompt for SCA at all, whereas my debit card did (each used for multiple transactions).

Sometime around March they made it required for nearly all online transactions. Maybe credit cards are different - i seem to get it practically always.

Its not a big deal anyway, takes less than 10 seconds extra on Revolut.

1 minute ago, The Other Steve said:

Can anyone remember how to create custom keys on a Macbook & Windows device.  e.g. Alt+1 or Ctrl+1 = postcode 1 etc...  Can't remember how to do it and wondering now whether it was a Chrome extension or something.

'Magical Text Expander' as a Chrome extension works well for this.

1 minute ago, The Other Steve said:

Can anyone remember how to create custom keys on a Macbook & Windows device.  e.g. Alt+1 or Ctrl+1 = postcode 1 etc...  Can't remember how to do it and wondering now whether it was a Chrome extension or something.

You can do it with any text expander plugin or app, but as you say it's also built-in to Macs - go to General->Keyboards->Text Replacement

Windows doesn't have any sort of comparable system as far as I'm aware, so it's down to a text expander app or plugin

2 minutes ago, The Other Steve said:

On my MacBook I’ve done it via the keyboard shortcuts section in the settings / system preferences. Not sure about Windows

48 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Yes it’s a bank thing, with my debit card it seems random, some payments need authorisation yet other larger ones don’t. That’s why the phone is always close by during the ticket sale, verification needs logging on to the account.  Yet another thing to add to the stress! And I’ve also a credit card handy as well. 

Couple of questions for mac users. Probably going over old ground, so apologies, but I'm gonna have my work mac running alongside my personal Windows laptop. Not tried on a mac before.

On mac:

• What's the best/easiest auto refresh plug in/extension to use?
  • How many seconds should it be set to, to avoid any issues (there will be two other devices going off the WiFi, if that is a factor).
  • I assume with auto refresh (not used it before) there is the risk of getting in, then you're 'auto refreshed' off the sacred page. What needs to be done to stop that happening?
Edited by mufcok

37 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

'Magical Text Expander' as a Chrome extension works well for this.

MTE is fantastic for this. Just coded each person's reg no. with their first initial and the number 1, postcode with initial with no.2.

About 6 numbers and letters now to enter instead of 75+ numbers and letters.

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales