ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

I've got butterflies already, let alone worrying about two minutes before 9am on T-Day. I haven't tried for a few years now and there's a smaller group of us trying now so it's not like we can spread out over 20 devices etc like I'm sure some people can.

All I'm gonna do is have my phone set to a UK VPN on 4G, my laptop as normal, hit F5 until my finger goes numb and pray to the ticket Gods I get one.

The last time I tried in 2017, I managed to get through about five minutes after everyone eFests was saying it was sold out. I remember it so vividly, reading all the messages saying they were all gone, and I hit F5 a few more times before the official EE tweet and I got through. It was such an amazing feeling.

Fingers crossed this year is the same.

5 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Ah but it does......multiple attempts of more than 1/second over a 60 second period automatically throws you the 'queue' page.

Try hitting this more than 60 times in a minute now.

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras

Hammering away like a lunatic may therefore leave you at a disadvantage as you could be seeing the 'fake' queue page rather than a 'real' queue page and not know it.  Safer to stay within the 1/second limit therefore.....and if you have say 4 devices all on different IP's you're effectively breaching the 1/second limit but without any risk.

That’s my understanding as well, and as technical as I get. It’s one desktop computer connected to wifi, and one laptop connected to a 4G phone hotspot. The laptop is set to auto refresh every two seconds, and I refresh the desktop in between, so together I’m refreshing at one second intervals without risk. 

Am I right in thinking that if I get through and for some reason don’t stop refreshing, I’m good for a few minutes? That it’ll refresh back to the booking page? Or I can back track back to it? 

4 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

We are trying for coach again, but if I fail in that and just get a standard ticket I will probably arrive Weds PM rather than queuing up in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

I'll be nearly 42 by the time of the festival next year, and need to accept I can't do all of that like I used to....the Sunday this year I was physically broken and took until about 4pm to get out and about. 

Agree about the drinking and (for me at least) the drugs thing....I charge in every year like I'm 25 when in normal life I don't drink (or do drugs) like that anymore.   Some tactics are going to be needed if I want to enjoy it, but not completely ruin myself for one of the main days.

I used to arrive at gates opening time but now we get a coach from London I'm rarely there before 3pm or 4pm. I honestly don't feel like I miss out on anything at all.

22 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm not sure yet if there'll be 4 or 6 of us but if it's 4 happy to buddy up! Although we will be trying coach first...

We won't be trying coach this year as we'll have the kids in tow.

It probably won't be until the last minute some of my lot decide whether they're going or not, so don't be shocked to see me on here Saturday night desperately scrabbling for a group to join.

17 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I used to arrive at gates opening time but now we get a coach from London I'm rarely there before 3pm or 4pm. I honestly don't feel like I miss out on anything at all.

We have a younger cohort of our group that like to queue up to get the best place possible, last few years.... we've got there not long after them when on general tickets,  or this year we came by coach, and they've saved us some space. 

But, its getting more and more difficult as the years go on as where we like to camp (Behind the park) is getting increasingly popular.  Which is fine with me if we have to camp further out, but if we do I just don't see the point in getting there really early anymore. 

Like you say, you don't miss out on anything I don't think....this year, by the time everyone was in and set up and had done a 2nd run to the car for camping chairs/booze etc it was 3/4pm and by the time we 'went out' it was gone 5pm.  A large portion of this was walking to the camp and if we had camped further out nearer the gates that would have been cut down drastically.

Will see what happens in October, if we get coach that decides our arrival time for us, but if we are on general I may make the suggestion of going down a bit later to avoid the queues and just camp further out.  (the only downside to that, is then the massive walk from the car to the entrance gate!)

29 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I arrive around Thursday lunchtime these days and don't feel like I'm missing out anything.

31 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I arrive around Thursday lunchtime these days and don't feel like I'm missing out anything.

You do WV though don't you?

If there was a way to have priority parking (i.e close to the fence) so I could turn up when I liked then I think I would go for that...and go for either a late Wednesday or early Thursday arrival.

31 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

You do WV though don't you?

If there was a way to have priority parking (i.e close to the fence) so I could turn up when I liked then I think I would go for that...and go for either a late Wednesday or early Thursday arrival.

Yeah I do WV so as you say there isn't quite the same pressure in terms of needing a decent space. But even without that I no longer feel the need to be there as soon as the gates open, I used to get FOMO not being there on Wednesday, now I like knowing that it's all there waiting for me...

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

We won't be trying coach this year as we'll have the kids in tow.

It probably won't be until the last minute some of my lot decide whether they're going or not, so don't be shocked to see me on here Saturday night desperately scrabbling for a group to join.

Fair dos! Very happy to team up with regular posters here anyway if we don't get to six.

2 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

We have a younger cohort of our group that like to queue up to get the best place possible, last few years.... we've got there not long after them when on general tickets,  or this year we came by coach, and they've saved us some space. 

But, its getting more and more difficult as the years go on as where we like to camp (Behind the park) is getting increasingly popular.  Which is fine with me if we have to camp further out, but if we do I just don't see the point in getting there really early anymore. 

Like you say, you don't miss out on anything I don't think....this year, by the time everyone was in and set up and had done a 2nd run to the car for camping chairs/booze etc it was 3/4pm and by the time we 'went out' it was gone 5pm.  A large portion of this was walking to the camp and if we had camped further out nearer the gates that would have been cut down drastically.

Will see what happens in October, if we get coach that decides our arrival time for us, but if we are on general I may make the suggestion of going down a bit later to avoid the queues and just camp further out.  (the only downside to that, is then the massive walk from the car to the entrance gate!)

Yeah it makes sense if you want a specific camping spot (I used to camp there too so that was part of the rationale for the early start) but now we just camp in Bushy and there's no rush at all. I used to just start the festival exhausted and get wasted by tea time so it was a bit of a silly way to start the proceedings. Couldn't do it now.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Not averse to this either as an option to reserve energy levels! I think what puts me off is not getting the full extent of what I've paid for. 

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

Am I right in thinking that if I get through and for some reason don’t stop refreshing, I’m good for a few minutes? That it’ll refresh back to the booking page? Or I can back track back to it? 

Yep...if you get a booking page then that session is allocated to you for 10 minutes. If you refresh the page prior to entering any details then you'll get the page again.

I know this from getting a page up on my auto-refresh laptop in 2019, which I didn't notice immediately and it auto-refreshed again before I managed to stop the 2 second interval....and it simply loaded again. There is the infinitessimally small likelihood that the subsequent refresh managed to grab me a new session, but it's highly unlikely to be the case.

11 hours ago, JoeyT said:

It's well above my head but I don't fathom why that's any different than multiple tabs open in say chrome?

Apparently because say if there's multiple tabs and your accessing tickets on one tab but still refreshing on another it might screw up the system somehow. 

Better to have different browsers and just one tab for each.

Was already stressing about the ticket sale. Then I made mistake of reading about Coldplay ticket demand 😱

Nothing against Coldplay but can’t believe how crazy demand seems to be. Was naively hoping Glastonbury demand may have peaked in 2020 for the 50th anniversary, but getting worried now.

Had a good run getting tickets for 2004-2019. Think my computer experience gives me some advantage but luck ran out for 20/22. 

Edited by I am Jon

OK that's funny: article about the half million connections in the NL for Coldplay tickets and tips on how to get tickets:

1- Be prepared - yes we know that

2- Use more devices: Comment from TM: don't do that because you are competing with yourself and it will just take longer because that means more people in the line. 😆 So yes, if everyone uses just the one page/device it goes faster. 

Good laugh in the morning. I can totally see GL saying "guys, it would be easier if you would just have your one screen and let the screen refresh every twenty seconds. Cute...

(FYI: 3 was don't refresh, which is true for TM but not for GL obviously and 4 was don't give up, tickets pop back up)

My phone signal is abysmal where I live so it's just the laptop and Ipad I'll be using.  There's a couple more added to our group this year so I'm just collating the info ready for the big day.  Will hopefully have our lucky charm trying for us again, an Efests member who has managed to get them for us before and I've been able to return the favour.

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales