ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

I'm by no means an expert but here are my general tips:

- Quadruple check all Registration numbers and make sure you're not duplicating your reg in multiple groups. You can ruin someone else's ticket day if they get chucked out because you got in with a different group. Also if everyone in your group checks multiple times, if it comes to ticket day and someone has provided a wrong reg, unless they're with you I would carry on without them - it sounds harsh but better 5 of you go than none of you go.

- Use every device you have and refresh them all, use a VPN or Mobile Data if you have it to mix up where the requests are coming from

- Use keyboard shortcuts/excel spreadsheets for copy / pasting info. Keyboard shortcut a term like reg1 to be turned into a reg to speed things up. Use a spreadsheet on Google sheets to use for your group so everyone has the same place to take details from. Much better than panicking through a group chat to find registrations/post codes

- Do Coach and General sale

- Don't stop until Emily Eavis tweets, persistence is key

- Start refreshing 15 mins before 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

so its 300 days till gates open and 37 days until  ticket day and hopefully as many of us as possible get through those gates to this ....

what are your Ticket day tips and tricks ? or do you believe its just down to wearing lucky pants  on the day ? 

No tips, but a lovely 3 minutes of Glastonbury and great soundtrack 🙂

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

A few years ago I managed to secure tickets on a 3G phone in a Bournemouth hotel whilst Mrs J ran the half, so don't despair.

A mate of mine got resale tickets in 2016 whilst on holiday in South America , then another year (2017 I think) another mate got resale tickets whilst in a chalet with poor 3G in the Swiss Alps.

Just before Liam Gallagher in 2019 I was chatting to some girls at one of the benches outside the Mandela bar whilst waiting for a mate and they said they got their tickets when a mate of theirs got through in an airport whilst waiting to fly home from holiday.

I really do think its just pot luck when you get through although being organised with spreadsheets, payment prepared etc does help with that side of things.

2 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

A mate of mine got resale tickets in 2016 whilst on holiday in South America , then another year (2017 I think) another mate got resale tickets whilst in a chalet with poor 3G in the Swiss Alps.

Just before Liam Gallagher in 2019 I was chatting to some girls at one of the benches outside the Mandela bar whilst waiting for a mate and they said they got their tickets when a mate of theirs got through in an airport whilst waiting to fly home from holiday.

I really do think its just pot luck when you get through although being organised with spreadsheets, payment prepared etc does help with that side of things.

It’s got to be. in October 2019 me and mrs c had both work laptops, 2 iPads and 2 iPhones all on our virgin 350 mb per sec Wi-Fi. Eventually I turned the Wi-Fi off on one of the phones to 4g so you can obviously guess which one got through…

I'd say double check deets as others have said (we had an incident in 2019 where someone added a slightly incorrect postcode, then was uncontactable because they were trying for tickets too, so a number of people had to wait until the 2022 resale!).

The only other thing that's worked for me is logging into my work VPN from home.  Idk if it's because they have superfast business internet, or some other factor, but that's worked for me so far. 

2 hours ago, eddie_corrigan said:

It’s got to be. in October 2019 me and mrs c had both work laptops, 2 iPads and 2 iPhones all on our virgin 350 mb per sec Wi-Fi. Eventually I turned the Wi-Fi off on one of the phones to 4g so you can obviously guess which one got through…

Using different connections ie 1 phone on 4g, another on its 4g with a different carrier then a laptop on wifi i think is important if i had to guess.

nobody really knows but diversifying your setup cannot hurt

9 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

What difference does this actually make?

I fail to see & have never understood this methodology!

They will have their own instance so It should increase your chances, its like having 4 people trying for tickets instead of just 1

1 hour ago, gazzared said:

They will have their own instance so It should increase your chances, its like having 4 people trying for tickets instead of just 1

It's well above my head but I don't fathom why that's any different than multiple tabs open in say chrome?

23 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

It's well above my head but I don't fathom why that's any different than multiple tabs open in say chrome?

multiple tabs in one browser confuses the system , I'am only going off what others have said so I may be wrong ?

10 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

@JoeyT Back in again after your post festival meltdown? 😄 

Back in the game!

Quite relaxed about it all to be honest. I think I've reached the point now where although I'm going to be aiming to get a ticket it won't completely break me if I miss out like it would have done previously.

Chances are I'll probably come down on the Thursday next time instead of the usual Tuesday morning and I'll bring the little one for the day now she's old enough to appreciate the Kidzfield so behave myself whilst she's there and then let the handbrake off when she leaves on the Thurs evening.

14 hours ago, Neil said:

no, no more effective than F5

Unless there's just one of you and 4 devices. Manual F5 on one, and auto refresh running at 2 second intervals on the other 3....noting that each device will be separately connected on it's own IP using 2 x 4G hotspots, 1 x home broadband and 1 x work VPN.

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales