ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

5 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

But we had people pulling til 10:30. It wasnt some glitch since dozens got in.

Correct. You asked what the official time will be recorded as and i told you the official time

I thought the whole point of the 20 second queue page was to keep the traffic limited. The site should be able to handle the amount of bookings processing. Was a shit show today. Thankfully we were lucky but I didn't get past the 20 second queue page. The person who got through got kicked out 3 times on the payment page before being successful. Things like that shouldn't happen. Really feel for people getting that far and not getting through.

Edited by D-Low

6 minutes ago, 123Mike said:

Did you refresh it just let it run down?

I’d been refreshing constantly on several devices between 9:00 and 10:20 with no luck, and several freezes and crashes. Walked away from everything letting the ones that were still running just run down. Had given up really. Came back after about 1 or 2 minutes, hit refresh and got through.

Now I don’t have any clue whether that’s pure coincidence or not, but I have to confess, in the back of my mind there’s just the smallest niggle now that perhaps refreshing constantly isn’t the way to go.

1 minute ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

I’d been refreshing constantly on several devices between 9:00 and 10:20 with no luck, and several freezes and crashes. Walked away from everything letting the ones that were still running just run down. Had given up really. Came back after about 1 or 2 minutes, hit refresh and got through.

Now I don’t have any clue whether that’s pure coincidence or not, but I have to confess, in the back of my mind there’s just the smallest niggle now that perhaps refreshing constantly isn’t the way to go.

Okay, thanks.

I was letting the timer run down for a few seconds then refreshing but had no joy for 90minutes, just trying to work out what to try next time

19 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

I think it's probably just coincidence. The screens that went through for me today were on auto refresh every 2-4 seconds (I set them slightly differently...for no real reason lol).

Can also confirm even if you've not set it to stop refreshing on a certain phrase when the page changes it doesn't matter, the refresh just keeps diverting to the reg page. (you just have to stop the auto refresh).

19 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Early links did absolutely nothing.

I even got in early today, put the details In just before 9am. Waited a few seconds after 9 to proceed still didn’t work 🤣

I did this and got straight in at 9 on the dot - but the next page wouldn't load and eventually I got kicked out.

37 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Early links did absolutely nothing.

I even got in early today, put the details In just before 9am. Waited a few seconds after 9 to proceed still didn’t work 🤣

Yep - a friend got hold of the correct link beforehand and the reg screen loaded at 8.58. Filled in the details and got the follow up screen confirming the registrations. However trying to get beyond that just sent them back into the queue.

Thanks to @Topazand @Neil - my ticket was purchased for me before 9:03am. That’s the time @Neilwhatsapped me to say BOOKED

I then got through myself around 9:18 using manual refresh on Microsoft Edge (screen split with Chrome) and had no issues at all buying two other tickets for pals on the registration and payment screen. And as was only £100 didn’t need price verification. Slick and seamless and I was surprised how non-clusterfuck it was. By 9:23 I was messaging my pals saying BOOKED. 

I was able to go back and use the registration form again for other registrations numbers and it was still working but started to go seriously silly around 9:30 taking an age and eventually would throw me back in a queue. Nothing seemed to work at all after that. I didn’t get any registration pages even on my seven other browsers. 

Edited by RaphPH

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I did this and got straight in at 9 on the dot - but the next page wouldn't load and eventually I got kicked out.

Yep exactly the same here - got in early doors with the direct link (others were maybe waiting for the ticket link page to refresh?), but then had to start again. Had another experience of confirming numbers and not getting through to the payment page, then another experience of paying with one-time code with NatWest but that timing out and back to the start

Eventually got through at 10:27 and used Monzo to pay, and all went seamlessly (thank goodness!)

Clearly the sale went on so long because many many payments were failing which put the tickets back into the pot time and time again

It's not over when they tweet it is, or even when you get the page saying 'All tickets have now been allocated'. It's over when it comes up with 'Event not found'

I was in and bought tickets by 9:10. I didn't have any issues through each of the stages, amazingly it all ran smoothly and took no more than a couple of minutes to get from inputting the reg numbers to payment confirmation. Used my banking app for verification rather than SMS code (HSBC). 

With all the talk of getting 'blocked' from too many refreshes Mrs Chef and I made the decision that only I would try for tickets on one laptop with one browser (Edge) and one tab open rather than her trying on a laptop as well. Who knows if that helped but this will be the 10th time I've tried for tickets and only the second time it was me who got the tickets rather than someone else in the group - the only other time I got them was also when I was trying at home on my own... It felt counterintuitive to in theory be halving our chances of tickets, but it worked and will be taking that approach in future. 

Quite a few people I know got to payment stage but that's where it all fell apart for them and were unsuccessful.  

I have volunteered with Oxfam and been on a Sunday but never got full tickets, so took on all the advice on this thread, except for the really technical bits that were way beyond me, and got no where. My daughter last minute decided to stay with a friend, and they tried for me, no knowledge, didn’t know what they were doing and bagged tickets by 9.20. It’s down to pure luck I’m sure. 

9.25ish - got as far as the payment page. Kept whizzing around then failed. Did this several times. Then got a page saying all tickets allocated. Assumed they must of sold out but didn't stop regardless.

Then saw the tweet about 75% and thought, keep trying, keep trying.

Got the payment page maybe 3 or 4 more times. Every time, submitted to pay but didn't go through.

Stopped about 10 mins after they said it had sold out. Assumed this HAD to be the case being that it had been tweeted publicly, and the fact it had taken twice as long as normal.

Had I thought/known this info was incorrect I would have battled on with the same intensity.

First time we've tried for tickets and not got them since 2000. (there have been years we've been unable to go). But feeling quite angry that people were getting them up to an hour after our payment crashed, maybe 6 or 7 times. 

Oh well. Fortunate to have been so many times. 

Might just be a coincidence but I was using Chrome for the first hour with absolutely no luck or progress, switched to Edge just before 10 and suddenly everything was quicker and I got the registration page a few times.

Others in our group got more success using Edge than other browsers as well, is there something in that maybe? Not tech-savvy enough to really understand!

17 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Yeah had no issues on Thursday and today with authorising the transaction. Today when I returned to Seetickets the payment countdown expired but thankfully 15 minutes later the emails came through and the payment was showing as pending in the account!

Oh how I wish that happened for me. Did you keep the timeout page open after payment authorised with OTP and it had timed out? I clicked out of it in panic hoping to get back through or hoping to see the transaction in my account but nothing...

Haven't seen anyone mention it on here but I got through to the payment page twice only for the 'confirm' button to die and render everything useless. I was going back/refreshing until the tickets weren't held anymore and then obviously I was back in the queue. Saw people on twitter have the same issue - and it seemed to be right before See announced the 'technical issues' statement. Told myself yesterday I wouldn't be gutted to miss out but hard not to when you were literally a click away (although it sounds like I might have faced another 5 issues after that with payment).

16 minutes ago, the_arsonist said:

Might just be a coincidence but I was using Chrome for the first hour with absolutely no luck or progress, switched to Edge just before 10 and suddenly everything was quicker and I got the registration page a few times.

Others in our group got more success using Edge than other browsers as well, is there something in that maybe? Not tech-savvy enough to really understand!

I used a chrome tab and a firefox tab due to anecdotal evidence on here of that being faster...ended up getting through on an old tablet for the second year on the trot (although the payment failed this time), eventually got through again on chrome. I really think its down to pure luck.

Yesterday I managed to input reg details for a group of six, got to payment page and upon trying 4 different payment cards they all failed with an unable to authenticate message. No bank link to validate, just failed. End result, session times out, no tickets.

Any intel in what I did wrong, can do in future to prevent same issue?

Just now, not worthy said:

Yesterday I managed to input reg details for a group of six, got to payment page and upon trying 4 different payment cards they all failed with an unable to authenticate message. No bank link to validate, just failed. End result, session times out, no tickets.

Any intel in what I did wrong, can do in future to prevent same issue?

The short answer is - have better luck.

It almost certainly wasn't anything you did, just that the site was failing to cope with various things and especially with card authorisation.

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales