Green Man 2023

March Hare

Billy Nomates > Comet Is Coming > Young Fathers... love em all, but hope they're not on the Sunday, I'm usually struggling to function by then, and they're all so intense!

In an ideal world... here's where I'd put people I like 🙂

Thursday-ish acts - light and whimsical: Spiritualized, Slowdive, Say She She, Beth Orton

Friday-ish acts - power and culture: Anna B Savage, Girl Ray, Obongjayar, Mega Bog, Sudan Archives, Billy Nomates

Saturday-ish acts - party time: Warmduscher, Amyl, clipping, Comet Is Coming, Young Fathers

Sunday-ish acts - recovery: Yasmin Williams, Buck Meek, Kanda Bongo Man, Horace Andy

I can dream eh

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, moonage505 said:

Any chance of any of the Pitchfork fest headliners in Chicago coming over (it's a month earlier)? Big Thief, King Krule etc

I don't see why some people playing an American festival in July means they're more likely to play a British festival in August, but one of them actually is as Buck Meek is playing. That he's coming over but Big Thief aren't despite GM being a headliner short leads me to suspect they're on a promise to End Of The Road, having been intended to headline there in 2020 and 2021, but are coming off the road after their US dates end in early August.

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I don't see why some people playing an American festival in July means they're more likely to play a British festival in August, but one of them actually is as Buck Meek is playing. That he's coming over but Big Thief aren't despite GM being a headliner short leads me to suspect they're on a promise to End Of The Road, having been intended to headline there in 2020 and 2021, but are coming off the road after their US dates end in early August.

would love to big thief here but not headliner size shirley?

10 hours ago, zico martin said:

would love to big thief here but not headliner size shirley?

Got two dates at hammersmith apollo next month, so they're bigger than spiritualized if that's the benchmark

(although I think both them and first aid kit the same year is unlikely)

On 3/13/2023 at 7:05 PM, DDave said:

Have the Walkmen been confirmed for the Saturday? 

Nope, not as far as I know.

They’ve got Paredes on the Thursday and then start a run of U.K. dates on the Monday.  We think Amyl and Young Fathers are confirmed for Sunday, so on that basis Walkmen probably won’t be Sunday.  Currently guessing they are going to sub the Mountain Stage on the Saturday.  They headlined the FO stage when they last played many years ago. 

Confidence Man can’t do Friday so currently thinking they are Saturday night FO headliner.

1 hour ago, mario man said:

Last year the second line up announcement was 21st April. Given the initial announcement was later this year, fingers crossed for the end of the month? Still one more headliner to announce, yes?

You'd think so, but it depends on whether that headliner is embargoed or vacant. It's not like they need to rush into a big name to sell tickets, of course.