Pulp to return in 2023

briddj

11 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes , very sad, reports say he was in hospital for three months. 

Just herd his wife on the radio, can't remember what she said but I didn't get the impressjon it was a total surprise. 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, angelin said:

What are the chances of them playing Glasto do you think? I was certain they would but now Im not so sure.

We’ve no idea at this point. Always a chance they could be doing a secret set again… or maybe they’ve just decided to skip it entirely this time around in favour of bigger pay days and headline slots elsewhere. Seems odd that they wouldn’t be there, but kinda hard to see where they’d fit in at this point.

Okay hear me out. Guns n Roses have a rep for turning up late/not showing up/being absolutely rubbish so Pulp are there waiting in the wings ready to step in like ‘95 and come full circle with a triumphant return to Pyramid headliners. 

a girl can dream right? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 4/12/2023 at 11:57 PM, angelin said:

What are the chances of them playing Glasto do you think? I was certain they would but now Im not so sure.

On 4/13/2023 at 5:29 AM, FloorFiller said:

We’ve no idea at this point. Always a chance they could be doing a secret set again… or maybe they’ve just decided to skip it entirely this time around in favour of bigger pay days and headline slots elsewhere. Seems odd that they wouldn’t be there, but kinda hard to see where they’d fit in at this point.

When they did the 2011 tour they carried on into 2012 and finished with that big Sheffield show. Wonder if the plan is to do the money spinning shows this year at the smaller festivals and then do a triumphant last couple of gigs, perhaps outdoors Sheffield and finish headlining Glastonbury or the other way round? (alongside abroad gigs)

Edited by efcfanwirral

7 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

When they did the 2011 tour they carried on into 2012 and finished with that big Sheffield show. Wonder if the plan is to do the money spinning shows this year at the smaller festivals and then do a triumphant last couple of gigs, perhaps outdoors Sheffield and finish headlining Glastonbury or the other way round? (alongside abroad gigs)

Suppose they could always be saving Glastonbury for the final ‘that’s it, we’re done’ show next year. Would be a very fitting way for them to close out the band.

Edited by FloorFiller

24 minutes ago, Lipgloss and Cigarettes said:

Okay hear me out. Guns n Roses have a rep for turning up late/not showing up/being absolutely rubbish so Pulp are there waiting in the wings ready to step in like ‘95 and come full circle with a triumphant return to Pyramid headliners. 

a girl can dream right? 

It's possible but if that was to happen it's more likely they'd sub and Lizzo would get the headline slot

Just now, BambooShanks said:

It's possible but if that was to happen it's more likely they'd sub and Lizzo would get the headline slot

Yeah. Given the spin of Lizzo being a 4th headliner, the festival have painted themselves into a corner as to what would happen if they lost GnR.

I don't accept that there's no slots for Pulp. They're not really the kind of band that are going to get snotty about precise placement on lineups and posters at this stage in the game, and so I see 3rd or 4th from top as being entirely realistic - if they want to do it, then they'll do it. Similar to Aerosmith who could've easily demanded and got a much higher slot than they were due to take in 2020 and 2021.

Just now, incident said:

Yeah. Given the spin of Lizzo being a 4th headliner, the festival have painted themselves into a corner as to what would happen if they lost GnR.

I don't accept that there's no slots for Pulp. They're not really the kind of band that are going to get snotty about precise placement on lineups and posters at this stage in the game, and so I see 3rd or 4th from top as being entirely realistic - if they want to do it, then they'll do it. Similar to Aerosmith who could've easily demanded and got a much higher slot than they were due to take in 2020 and 2021.

Yeah I did float the idea that Pulp could be in some kind of ‘secret’ set that takes place midway down the Pyramid like Aerosmith were supposed to. Absolute hopium on my part, but would be a decent solution to the festival getting flack for shoving big acts in to small tents. 

6 minutes ago, incident said:

I don't accept that there's no slots for Pulp. They're not really the kind of band that are going to get snotty about precise placement on lineups and posters at this stage in the game

Definitely.  They understand Glastonbury and know it doesn't matter where or when you're on, all that matters is the time you've got.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Absolute hopium

Same here.  Though if they aren't here this year, they are all but nailed on for next year.