Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

On 8/21/2022 at 12:53 AM, gabrielomachado said:

ARCTIC MONKEYS / Arcade Fire / Bastille

KENDRICK LAMAR / Lana Del Rey / Foals

THE STROKES / Pulp / King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE / Queens Of The Stone Age / Five Finger Death Punch

If they want it to sell well,  they'd put AF and the Strokes as a double header on the same night. 

19 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Fred Again for the same slot Bicep/Jamie occupied this year as a dance alternative. Caught him on a whim at Primavera but didn't appreciate enough at the time just how good he is. This set will be timeless.

Yes please! This saturday night party was amazing, and I'll happily take another similar combo. Him + either one of Paul Kalkbrenner, Stephan Bodzin, Caribou or The Blaze sounds like the dream combo for me!

4 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Fred Again for the same slot Bicep/Jamie occupied this year as a dance alternative. Caught him on a whim at Primavera but didn't appreciate enough at the time just how good he is. This set will be timeless.

Saw him last weekend at Pukkelpop, he was excellent, he can fill Biceps shoes easily. 

12 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

I don't think it sounds like the last album. It's way more funky 

In the grand scheme of AM albums though I'd have believed you if you told me it was a TBHC B-Side. Happy for bands to explore the creative avenues they want to explore, just didn't do much for me personally

6 hours ago, Floyd_Ams said:

With 2 new albums in '22, Jack White is also a strong candidate for a sub spot. Last time he played RW was in 2018 (and was a great warm up for Pearl Jam).

Before Bruce Springsteen cancelled his (not announced) 2022 tour, Jack White would be his support act. So maybe he'll play TW Classic if this old plan goes through coming year.

7 hours ago, Floyd_Ams said:

With 2 new albums in '22, Jack White is also a strong candidate for a sub spot. Last time he played RW was in 2018 (and was a great warm up for Pearl Jam).

His show in belgium this year sold very bad. If he comes, he would need to be happy with at least one spot lower than before imo. Or maybe as a Barn head?

On 8/24/2022 at 1:20 PM, BenG92 said:

New Arctic Monkeys album in October. Must be bolted on for a return to RW in 2023. New song sounds like it belongs on the last album so take that as you will, doesn't particularly excite me. 

AM were terrible last time at Werchter. Their last album made the festival crowd snooze and leave early. If they headline with another set like that, they're going to go the way of Kings of Leon (i.e. no more major festival headliner).

2 hours ago, The Black said:

AM were terrible last time at Werchter. Their last album made the festival crowd snooze and leave early. If they headline with another set like that, they're going to go the way of Kings of Leon (i.e. no more major festival headliner).

Both Kings of Leon and Arctic Monkeys shows at Sziget (major festival FYI) this year were great. SORRY if they don't "play" with the crowd or talk for 20 minutes : they play music. And they have great musicians.

14 hours ago, EV123 said:

His show in belgium this year sold very bad. If he comes, he would need to be happy with at least one spot lower than before imo. Or maybe as a Barn head?

Even heard that everyone who bought a ticket could bring someone in for free last minute. Because sales were so poor.

Yeah I like AM and was glad to see them for the first time at R&L, but they'll never help sell me on a festival again. Really feels like they just wanna play their newer stuff at their own shows and festivals are nothing but a payday. 

11 hours ago, Dietediet said:

BMTH is far from a co-head at RW.

Fair enough if true, don't have a handle on their popularity in Belgium. Just feels like they could since they already subbed The Cure and they've only gotten bigger since their last EP. 

40 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Yeah I like AM and was glad to see them for the first time at R&L, but they'll never help sell me on a festival again. Really feels like they just wanna play their newer stuff at their own shows and festivals are nothing but a payday. 

Fair enough if true, don't have a handle on their popularity in Belgium. Just feels like they could since they already subbed The Cure and they've only gotten bigger since their last EP. 

They subbed The Cure and Tool, so that´s a big difference. I don´t have the impression they got bigger, or at least not here in Belgium where they played at Pukkelpop for not that many people