Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

I haven’t really listened to a Muse album since Drones, as apocalyptic rock about robot rebellions isn’t really my thing. But when we saw them at Mad Cool this year they really delivered. Crowd were up for it too, I think I forgot quite how good their early material holds up live. Wouldn’t complain if they landed here. 

I know it’s all subjective but if we’re potentially looking at a start of RATM, Muse, AM and Depeche Mode as our headline pool then RW2023 is getting off to a great start for me 

57 minutes ago, polnico said:

I don't know, RHCP didn't bring their own stadium tour openers to Werchter, so I don't think this should influence it. Especially because as @BenG92 mentionned it, they were present this year.

It happens a lot that a headliner brings their supports to the festival: (the cure - the twilight sad; pearl jam - white reaper, the whole debacle with pink in 2019).

But it´s not certain either Royal Blood will play next year at RW

On 9/9/2022 at 8:29 PM, SweetJesus said:

56221EF4-BDE6-4EBF-8E8B-41530B08EF4A.jpeg

A figure that works for the company that runs the Rome Olympic Stadium has already jumped the (barrel of a) gun and said they're playing the venue next summer. So I think it's locked in.

Not that I'm sure where they'd fit on a Werchter bill. Didn't they sub Editors there in 2013?

Edited by charlierc

Just for fun, my best guess based on suggestions in this thread and having been at the festival for the past few years. I'd imagine there will be a few more mainstream pop acts and certainly some bands I've never heard of (that's part of the fun of it) and many more Belgian artists. Let me know who you think I could add! Placements aren't majorly considered besides the first couple of rows 🙂

ROCK WERCHTER 2023.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, planethunter said:

Just for fun, my best guess based on suggestions in this thread and having been at the festival for the past few years. I'd imagine there will be a few more mainstream pop acts and certainly some bands I've never heard of (that's part of the fun of it) and many more Belgian artists. Let me know who you think I could add! Placements aren't majorly considered besides the first couple of rows 🙂

ROCK WERCHTER 2023.png

Very nice lineup, probably a bit too good to be true! Love the visuals btw!

2 hours ago, planethunter said:

ROCK WERCHTER 2023.png

Instant buy for me, but I reckon too good lineup-wise to be true.

One comment though - DM will be the headliner of the day, I can't see them playing 2nd down.

3 hours ago, Dietediet said:

They played 2nd down in 2013, with Editors closing the main stage, so it's not out of the question.

Editors might have been last act on the stage but they would never be the headliner over DM. I would suggest that would be one of those line ups with smaller acts playing after the actual headline act.

Edited by Dales