What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

5 hours ago, Littlechef87 said:

Did a 5 mile pre-breakfast run in a last ditch attempt to improve my fitness before the all-night (well alright, most-of-the-night) dancing begins. 

Ordered 12 tins of Moth margaritas yesterday because of this thread and my deeply suggestible nature. 

could you order me some? 😉

34 minutes ago, Ell99 said:

Does anyone know if moth cocktails freeze well in their cans? Or will they explode? Want to try and keep them cold!

I stuck a can of the espresso martini in the freezer a couple of days ago, can confirm it has frozen and not exploded.

• Like 1

Got a day working from home so using it responsibly to start with the organising and packing.  

Looks like I'm pretty much sorted  apart from waiting on a few 'deliveries' so I might actually be fully packed and ready to go before the monday.  

I don't think I've ever been this organised

On 6/11/2023 at 10:18 PM, nikkic said:

Got a load of sh*t sorted the past few days. 

My brother is getting married next weekend so it pretty much rules out any Glasto packing. 

So this weekend we’ve….

- Charged the battery packs 
- Bought our booze 
- Dusted off the camping gear and added it to “the pile” 
- Packed our clothes 
- Ordered a new rain jacket (which won’t be needed)
- Seen a man about a dog 

Not much to do now really, apart from the skittles vodka which I’ll start tomorrow 

I try to delay that part as long as possible as one year I got a bit excited and had to go and see 'the man' again the night before we left for the festival. 🙄

• Like 1

im in this weird limbo, post download and pre glasto, three day stretch at work - manically busy this morning, still lots to do, but i'm about 50% checked out and they just shouldnt expect much out of me at all. Quite fancy a big tall cold drink and then to find a circus tent to have a wee little twenty min shuteye in, but they're seemingly thin on the ground in this damn hospital 

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Absolutely stuffed the freezer with all the bottles of water / milk / soft drinks / sangria...whatever will freeze to keep it cool as long as possible.

Also dumped some ice into the cooler boxes to begin 'charging' them. 

1936374302_2023-06-1412_44_57.1820100.thumb.jpg.31c8ec09512178dcbf4ccff5bd550199.jpg

Wait what the hell? 

When you freeze cans of pop aren't they like Beer and they pop?

Activated the Lebara sim card for £3 and made sure data works ready to tether for the group, got the igloo cool box out ready to start pre cooling for it's trip down to farmfoods on the weds to completely fill with frozen food and ice and frozen homemade cocktails. Aired out the sleeping Bag and made sure all camping stuff is clean and good to go, stocked up on Iburofen, paraceteol, calcium carbonate and Immodium. Made sure everyone in group has received fancy dress from amazon for the Sunday. Made plans in clash finder so got a rough idea of what I want to see. Just need to sort setting off times now with diff people 

Just now, Lizzim said:

Mine is piled up ready to pack.  If I do it too early I forget what I have..  final pack on Saturday.  Heading to Liverpool for father's day

I’m leaving Sunday. Night in Bromsgrove, and staying with friends in Bournemouth Monday night. Into the queue Tuesday late.