What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

26 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

You can definitely get that sleeping bag a lot smaller 😂 

Yeah not squashed it down yet, will do that when I clip it onto the bag.

Say a lot about my old knackered body that my bed is bigger than my tent these days 😂

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Mentioned on the forum before that I can no longer manage getting undressed in my small tent, found this to my cost in 2022, when following the agony of wriggling out of shorts and into a sleeping bag, I swore never again.

Have purchased a new tent, one I can stand up in, which arrived yesterday. Just had my first trial run putting it up on my own, and am delighted. It’s a Quechua Arpenez 4.1, and I could perform yoga in it if I chose to. Or readily swing cats. (Note: no animals were harmed in the erection of this tent).

Had that same problem myself a couple of years ago at EotR so also purchased a new tent, due to issues had to still take my old tent to EotR last year as on the bus. finally got around to putting up the new tent a couple of weeks ago, an Outwell, can stand up easily ini t

IMG_5404.JPG

• Upvote 1

On 5/21/2023 at 5:51 PM, theciderviking said:

Some vodka, some gin.

Pear Drop
Rhubarb & Custard
Summer Fruits
Unicorn (candy floss & marshmallow, with glitter!)
Summer Fruits
Raspberry

And just added a candy cane 😁

this has persuaded me to try out flavouring my vodka! that's all I'm taking drinks wise. what mixer do you drink with the vodka?

Edited by svphie

1 hour ago, svphie said:

this has persuaded me to try out flavouring my vodka! that's all I'm taking drinks wise. what mixer do you drink with the vodka?

More vodka! 🤣

Nah, normally Sprite/Lemonade, although there have been some unfortunate occasions where cider has been used as a mixer. Tasty results, but the next morning hurts. 🙈

• Like 1

4 hours ago, svphie said:

15 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Tried the old skittles in vodka last year. Was a complete waste of good vodka...

Try the Wether's Original vodka! Goes down almost as quick as I did after 4 hours of drinking the stuff...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LS-Charlton said:

Pretty all set now bar buying alcohol. I did buy a portal charger but it has broke after one use, do they still do thing where you can buy a power bank at the festival and swap it each day?

I think that was run by EE, and with the switch to Vodafone I've not seen any announcements around this. Previously I think I remember I had to purchase the batteries online before the festival then swap them at the EE tent. I suspect Vodafone aren't doing this.

I've now done what some recommended, and bought a monster powerbar. 25k ma.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LS-Charlton said:

Pretty all set now bar buying alcohol. I did buy a portal charger but it has broke after one use, do they still do thing where you can buy a power bank at the festival and swap it each day?

35 minutes ago, 2019 said:

I think that was run by EE, and with the switch to Vodafone I've not seen any announcements around this. Previously I think I remember I had to purchase the batteries online before the festival then swap them at the EE tent. I suspect Vodafone aren't doing this.

I've now done what some recommended, and bought a monster powerbar. 25k ma.

There is a Vodafone Connect and Charge point on the map where EE has been the last couple years next to Left Field/the Glade, so does appear like Vodafone will be offering this

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sasperella2 said:

I have 10.5 working days until Glastonbury!!

I've not done anything to prep this morning though, I'm just excited ☺️

Nice 👍 I've got 11 shifts. 7 nights and 4 days .... Not continuous 🤣

3 minutes ago, gazzared said:

Oooh, made me check. 5 nights and 4 days…..better start digging stuff out the garage soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LS-Charlton said:

It costs more for the weekend of charging than it does to just buy a decent powerbank from amazon.

26 minutes ago, gazzared said:

24 minutes ago, SighMo said:

Oooh, made me check. 5 nights and 4 days…..better start digging stuff out the garage soon. 

What!

I've got 16 full days and I go early.

5 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

What!

I've got 16 full days and I go early.

Since switching from 8hr roster to 12hrs I get alot more time off and if I use my annual leave days wisely I can get some nice long breaks without using much of my holiday allowance👍

IMG_20230524_163842.jpg