What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

That’s the one! Although I got the slightly smaller one, with a lower back. It’s nothing special but it’s light enough to carry around on the Wednesday/Thursday before the music starts properly and is more comfortable than sitting directly on the ground.

3 hours ago, The Clearest Blue said:

That’s the one! Although I got the slightly smaller one, with a lower back. It’s nothing special but it’s light enough to carry around on the Wednesday/Thursday before the music starts properly and is more comfortable than sitting directly on the ground.

This one? 

https://amzn.eu/d/0IQgyyY

That's certainly a lot more budget friendly, the other was looking a bit more than I'd want on something I could lose or break. 

I have a very small fishing stool, which I've used for years and whilst it's far less comfy it does have the singular advantage that it's very small and unobtrusive, so doesn't hog any crowd space. 

3 hours ago, clarkete said:

This one? 

https://amzn.eu/d/0IQgyyY

That's certainly a lot more budget friendly, the other was looking a bit more than I'd want on something I could lose or break. 

I have a very small fishing stool, which I've used for years and whilst it's far less comfy it does have the singular advantage that it's very small and unobtrusive, so doesn't hog any crowd space. 

Yes that’s the one, it’s quite low to the ground but it’s fine for what I needed/wanted it for

1 hour ago, deathmetalkevin said:

Quick question re: National Express coaches, are they likely to add any more from London? Wednesday coaches are near enough completely sold out, my fault for booking late but still seems surprising.

I don't think so

Trains only recently went onsale so maybe try them - to Castle Cary station

new boots just arrived:

Image26.thumb.png.eac5f8e6fd56a1b4abf62b41964a601e.png

my old 'Dunlop' steel toecaps are very unwaterproof these days, having done many festivals.

Got these a half size up so I can multi-sock with a hope of avoiding blisters.

got them here: https://www.expresstrainers.com/karrimor-premium-bodmin-mid-iv-waterproof-mens-22617-800-p.php

further discount if you make an account etc, I paid £34 delivered.

Of course, if the weather is agreeable, I'll be in my trainers anyway 🙂

1 minute ago, paulshane said:

new boots just arrived:

Image26.thumb.png.eac5f8e6fd56a1b4abf62b41964a601e.png

my old 'Dunlop' steel toecaps are very unwaterproof these days, having done many festivals.

Got these a half size up so I can multi-sock with a hope of avoiding blisters.

got them here: https://www.expresstrainers.com/karrimor-premium-bodmin-mid-iv-waterproof-mens-22617-800-p.php

further discount if you make an account etc, I paid £34 delivered.

Of course, if the weather is agreeable, I'll be in my trainers anyway 🙂

they do those in sports direct I think ?

5 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

just ordered some clip on glasses from Ali express that I hope will arrive in plenty of time to allow me to jazz them up for Elton . 

I've got shed loads of beads and gems to do the same with all our old glasses. Something to do while we're chilling out in CV fields on the Tuesday

Purchased some solid wheels for my new "Carp Trolley". It is the first time I have driven to the festival and as I am on site for ten days I'm pushing the boat out and bringing some creature comforts. Camp cot / moon chair etc.

Will send a pic of the transport. It looks robust and perfect for the job but felt it necessary to upgrade the suspension. Just didn't want to trust pneumatic tyres and flimsy split pins. Attention to detail.

Fishing kit is built to last. Even for none fishing folk 

• Upvote 1

How dare they Crazyfool.

I bought some lovely tequilas from the Whisky Exchange in London ready to soak in pineapple. Which is generous of me (even if I do say so myself), because I won’t actually be drinking it myself but I love offering it round to unsuspecting friends and strangers in my little set of metal shot glasses. 

Bought a new rain poncho this evening. I'm trying to only buy practical things because I have to fly there and back, but also, I just don't want to keep wasting money and only using stuff a couple of times. I've had those little plastic bag type ponchos before and they've always ended up in a bin after just one festival, so hopefully this will be more useful, and I can keep it on me when I commute to work or go for long walks.

image.thumb.png.159e245d739d0dd3f5aec2f46f67fdc3.png