What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

1 hour ago, BlueJeansAndWhiteTshirts said:

Bought the tent. Booked Love fields. Saved Lenor bottle from the recycling. 

Why do you need a lenor bottle if you've booked love fields? 

15 minutes ago, sime said:

Started looking into walking boots. Never used them before so thought I'd get a pair to wear in, ready for the festival.

Bit pricey, but I've literally stood in streams almost up to the ankle in these, on Pen-y-ghent, without any water ingress... Highly recommend. Comfy and surprisingly breathable too. 

https://www.blacks.co.uk/16253648/merrell-men-s-moab-iii-mid-gore-tex-walking-boots-16253648/?istCompanyId=d92b362f-ac8a-4a8a-87ca-c56eafad7955&istFeedId=2f99410f-1124-43d5-8232-86c184f09479&istItemId=rxmlqwwtx&istBid=t&gclid=Cj0KCQiA4OybBhCzARIsAIcfn9mAh_JMbcneL5vM8zHW-OtF91uzdnpbdbT7icHa9sLdaiQvbu_VwkwaAk3vEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edited by Alvoram
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Bit pricey, but I've literally stood in streams almost up to the ankle in these, on Pen-y-ghent, without any water ingress... Highly recommend. Comfy and surprisingly breathable too. 

https://www.blacks.co.uk/16253648/merrell-men-s-moab-iii-mid-gore-tex-walking-boots-16253648/?istCompanyId=d92b362f-ac8a-4a8a-87ca-c56eafad7955&istFeedId=2f99410f-1124-43d5-8232-86c184f09479&istItemId=rxmlqwwtx&istBid=t&gclid=Cj0KCQiA4OybBhCzARIsAIcfn9mAh_JMbcneL5vM8zHW-OtF91uzdnpbdbT7icHa9sLdaiQvbu_VwkwaAk3vEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Merrell Moab boots and hiking shoes are really good. Comfy, no problems with blisters , water proofing etc.   Vibram soles are hard wearing. I always order the half size bigger than my usual size with merrell footwear. Cheapest on line rather than go outdoors etc. I do a lot of hillwalking and have never had problems with them 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Merrell Moab boots and hiking shoes are really good. Comfy, no problems with blisters , water proofing etc.   Vibram soles are hard wearing. I always order the half size bigger than my usual size with merrell footwear. Cheapest on line rather than go outdoors etc. I do a lot of hillwalking and have never had problems with them 

I did absolutely zero research before I bought mine... I'd been roped into doing the Yorkshire three peaks for charity, and we were going for a practice hike when I realised that morning that I owned no walking boots, despite buying lots of other kit.

Quick stop at the outdoor shop (think it was blacks or millets in Derby, opp bus station) and I picked the Merrells because I liked the look of them!!! That's it, I just thought they looked nice... Imagine the pleasant surprise of discovering they were actually incredible, and didn't even rub at all on that first practice hike!

1 hour ago, Alvoram said:

Thanks! That's the sort of boot I am after 🙂

Yes I have a lady version. They were quickly broken in too. Looks like they are the second must have after the Fresh and Black tent!

Waiting to see if I can get a good deal from the evil-sales-inspired-from-the-US days... Otherwise it's far too quiet on the Glasto front to plan more (give us accomodation sales!)

4 hours ago, BlueJeansAndWhiteTshirts said:

Because you still don't get a toilet in your tent...

Haha, going for that luxury en suite? 🙈😂 

Dunno about you, but I don't have one in my bedroom either... 😂

Easy for us guys though, we just wear shorts and a tee in bed, and when nature calls wander over there wearing what we wore in bed. 😛 I've read there are plenty of nice close by toilets at the Love Fields which people report never having to queue for.