Arctic Monkeys

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, StevieGed said:

I'll never be on the side of simply booking a female act to balance out the male acts. Fair enough if she got bumped up, but just for me personally I'd have Lizzo down as one of the most underwhelming headliners (in terms of size/catalogue/trajectory, not musical taste) to take the spot. Capaldi would be in with a better shout than Lizzo even though he's playing below her the Saturday, I'd say he'd draw a much bigger crowd in a Friday night headline slot than Lizzo would. Each to their own I guess, I just wouldn't see her in a headline slot in 2023. Already surprised she's not third down the following day, with Capaldi subbing. 

Plus she’s f***ing abysmal 

• Downvote 4

1 hour ago, gfa said:

She's already overbilled as it is!!

Nobody on here is that fussed about AM i think, more just enjoying the drama. they just did a massive stadium tour here so anyone who wanted to see them (thats not Irish!) has already seen them.

Doesnt matter. If it was Elton everyone would be burning down the Pyramid. But in the end I think having a small reality check is good cause maybe this is the sacrifice made to the weather gods. Would you rather AM drop and have nice weather or its biblical and they stay on?

I don’t think they’ll pull out. They’re known for keeping their tours short and concise these days so if they don’t headline this year that’s them out of the equation until at least the next album cycle, so I think he’ll do his best to rest up and will struggle his way through Glastonbury, perhaps even at the expense of further shows, rather than cancel and have to wait another four years or whatever. Puts a real downer on the chance of them finally nailing the slot, but what’re you gonna do ey… maybe next time*

*(yeah yeah, I know some will say they already nailed it in ‘13…)

Just now, Jimbobjojo said:

Could it be they've already given the organisers a heads up they won't be able to make it and they are awaiting for the powers that be at the festival to announce it after they have a replacement? 

Of course a possibility - I don’t think the festival would want to announce they’ve lost a headliner this late on without having a replacement already lined up to stop people flipping out.

35 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I don’t think they’ll pull out. They’re known for keeping their tours short and concise these days so if they don’t headline this year that’s them out of the equation until at least the next album cycle, so I think he’ll do his best to rest up and will struggle his way through Glastonbury, perhaps even at the expense of further shows, rather than cancel and have to wait another four years or whatever. Puts a real downer on the chance of them finally nailing the slot, but what’re you gonna do ey… maybe next time*

*(yeah yeah, I know some will say they already nailed it in ‘13…)

Hear lots about that set but i got bored and went to Portishead. 2007 they were deathly quiet so I ended up at Bjork and Iggy Pop

Just now, Chrisp1986 said:

Hear lots about that set but i got bored and went to Portishead. 2007 they were deathly quiet so I ended up at Bjork and Iggy Pop

I was shitfaced so memory is rather fuzzy, but I do remember it just being… fine. I’ve never been a die hard fan like so many others are so perhaps my judgement is clouded, but after rewatching it later on, I really don’t think they did anything particularly spectacular.