Arctic Monkeys

FloorFiller

Haven’t listened to the album yet (mainly because I’m paranoid about downloading a virus!), but the singles have grown massively on me and excited for tomorrow. There’d Better Be a Mirrorball in particular I think is incredible.

Feels very The Last Shadow Puppets so far which is no bad thing

1 minute ago, ClementsMike said:

Really enjoying it. So far though, I’m thinking it’s an intense listening experience rather than suited to a live stadia or festival environment? 

Yeah after a few listens I’m really loving it, but it’s certainly not an album I can imagine is gonna raise the roof in a huge environment with huge crowds like those you’ve mentioned. It’s real sit back in your chair and take it in cinematic music - feels strange that it’s gonna get its live outing in front of tons of pissed, coked up lads waiting for Mardy Bum to be played.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RossTC said:

Whoever listened to this album then said they should play stadiums is off their rocker! I like it but as others have said most of this would go down terribly in stadiums, will be interesting to see what they do with the setlist! 

i think the opposite, the heavy influence of strings lends itself perfectly to a big band feel. they performed Body Paint on jimmy kimmel and the fullness of the sound and enthusiasm of the band works well.

one of the big band type string orchestra songs would go down very well on the pyramid.

6 minutes ago, Dazmandingo96 said:

one of the big band type string orchestra songs would go down very well on the pyramid.

I agree think they need the full ensemble for it to work on the pyramid.

Imagining the Glasto moment when Sculptures gets performed in a rain downpour.

31 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Enjoying it on first listen.

It's going to upset a lot of people though, isn't it?

I must admit whoever released it the same day as Midnights made a mistake.

Because I’m struggling to stay away from Midnights and get into the loungey vibe. 

Just now, Matt42 said:

Because I’m struggling to stay away from Midnights and get into the loungey vibe. 

Not really, you may find his hard to believe but the world does not stop just because Taylor Swift has released an album.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

Not really, you may find his hard to believe but the world does not stop just because Taylor Swift has released an album.

AM should have moved imo. Is anything massive out next week? They probably could have waited a week and had all the attention on them.

• Downvote 3

Just now, Matt42 said:

AM should have moved imo. Is anything massive out next week? They probably could have waited a week and had all the attention on them.

Why though? Why should nobody release anything the same day as Taylor? They announced first anyway.

It's not even like they move in the same demographics.

Just now, Matt42 said:

You know music once released is there to be consumed whenever you like?

A fully sold out UK stadium tour and 4 or 5 star reviews, I'm sure they're terrified they are going to lose relevance...

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

They announced it before Taylor didn't they? And I really doubt they care about initial streams. As folk have said they've sold out their tour. What have they got to lose?