LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

7 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

They can’t do the full line up on Wednesday as that would be the same date for it as the last time (2019) the festival was on June 26-30. That would be a pattern.

I think by that thinking there's a pattern for any day of this week.

On 5/24/2024 at 9:50 AM, bennyhana22 said:

Many anticipate it dropping on Tuesday after the Bank Holiday.

Ben

On 5/26/2024 at 8:47 AM, Jack.194 said:

Gotta be getting close to the full thing now?

5 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

Wednesday I reckon

I think it'll be by Wednesday which will be great for me as I've got a job assessment now coming that isn't until lunchtime Wednesday. 

4 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Its has been the 29th or 30th for 2019, 2022 and 2023. Thats a pattern.

wednesday or thursday

there is nothing really left apart from greenfields / greenpeace and san remo and they dont all get a guaranteed separate announcement pre full lineup & times

Those dates I believe have all been the early part of the week in Tuesday or Wednesday?, and how it's fell day wise. 

4 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

I think by that thinking there's a pattern for any day of this week.

I’m just measuring from the start of the festival. In 2013 (when the festival dates were also 26-30 June) the full line up was the 30th. So it’s been different the last two times. 

I am aware that I’m possibly overthinking this.

Edited by MEGABOWL

2 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Anyone know if we are expecting an official Vodafone app again this year? Seem to remember there was a delay last year after the full line up drop but haven’t seen anything at all about it this year. Map was useful as was clash finder bit once on site

Yep there will be one … I’ve seen them say so . Always does seem to be late though and last years first version didn’t get the best reviews , possibly because of backlash about the unofficial one being removed 

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Yep there will be one … I’ve seen them say so . Always does seem to be late though and last years first version didn’t get the best reviews , possibly because of backlash about the unofficial one being removed 

Late for us isn’t the same as for the average festival goer… in terms of there deadline anything up to a few days before gates is acceptable i suppose!  

4 hours ago, northernangel said:

I think it'll be by Wednesday which will be great for me as I've got a job assessment now coming that isn't until lunchtime Wednesday. 

Those dates I believe have all been the early part of the week in Tuesday or Wednesday?, and how it's fell day wise. 

Yep looks like they were monday tuesday and wednesday

bodes well for this week. 

15 minutes ago, stuie said:

Late for us isn’t the same as for the average festival goer… in terms of there deadline anything up to a few days before gates is acceptable i suppose!  

Yeah that’s fair comment . 

25 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Yep looks like they were monday tuesday and wednesday

bodes well for this week. 

Yeah. I don't know what the clue it to look out for that the lineup is imminent? They are 3 days I've for almost certain got the morning off so.

9 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Yeah. I don't know what the clue it to look out for that the lineup is imminent? They are 3 days I've for almost certain got the morning off so.

The clues for me are:

no major areas left to announce

Block 9 is usually the last one and is done

after bank holiday monday

any time from tomorrow morning is fair game but im guessing weds or thurs. we will get it next week, it wont stray into june

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Memory Man said:

The clues for me are:

no major areas left to announce

Block 9 is usually the last one and is done

after bank holiday monday

any time from tomorrow morning is fair game but im guessing weds or thurs. we will get it next week, it wont stray into june

Yes Block 9 the last area the last 3 times I believe and its been Monday and Tuesday the last two years. 2019 was a Thursday. Could be Thursday again as it's been announced on the 30th the last 4 years, including the last announcement on a Friday being the 24th previously. Thing have seemed to be being announced differently with time this year a bit so we'll see. Thursday is probably the worst day for it for me.

I've convinced myself it's Friday just as it's the last possible time they can drop the full line-up in May and why wouldn't they keep us waiting as long as possible?

More realistic guess though is probably Wednesday 6pm.