LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

20 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

West holts normally does but I guess if the line up has all leaked they may not bother 

I reckon they'll still do a West Holts announcement - most people aren't as obsessive as us and won't know about the leak.

1 minute ago, Acid_Haze said:

I reckon they'll still do a West Holts announcement - most people aren't as obsessive as us and won't know about the leak.

That's exactly what I thought.  Difficult to believe I know!

4 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

How times have changed. Silver Hayes used to be the one area that people really disliked. Weird vibe, average lineup. Now most are looking at Silver Hayes as the main late night area rather than the South East Corner. Speaks volumes for the improvements in SH and the perception of certain areas creatively standing still elsewhere.

This is what I was hoping would happen re the long term future of nightlife areas. Have the heavy hitters on at areas like the Glade and SH and spread people out across the site. I like SEC but feel like Glade and SH work better as areas to hear big DJs and SEC is more immersive. What’s the point in packing out Shingri La for a DJ set if you can’t do the fun stuff and interact with the actors after dark?

8 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I still think the map will be into May. Probably after the Arcadia and Block 9 announcements. And if Williams Green is returning in some capacity, they'll probably want a big reveal of that too.

Yeah I had that as Carhenge

Also the map has come early May the last 2 years, but most years before that it's been mid-April, so I guessed they'd want to get back to the usual announcement time for it.

Edited by Acid_Haze

38 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Yeah, I agree, even though the chances of there being anything I want to see there are slim, taking some of the strain seems important.

Rumours that Levels is going to be bigger this year, too. 

looks to be a fair bit of space behind it .... maybe it can get pushed back a bit ? 

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 12.14.35.png

38 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Yeah, I agree, even though the chances of there being anything I want to see there are slim, taking some of the strain seems important.

I'm no expert, but with my friends who are really into that music, they said last years line up completely smashed it.  As you say, be excellent for all of us if it continues to grow in popularity haha! 

Sorry haven't been keeping up, are they replacing the rabbit hole with something bigger as well - that might draw more people? Arcadia growing too (I guess) is a good thing too, and will be a draw for people as it's new. So all in all, seems they're trying to address the problems!  

25 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

How times have changed. Silver Hayes used to be the one area that people really disliked. Weird vibe, average lineup. Now most are looking at Silver Hayes as the main late night area rather than the South East Corner. Speaks volumes for the improvements in SH and the perception of certain areas creatively standing still elsewhere.

Yeah I remember moaning about it on here in 2019 (ish) and basically everyone on this place saying how important it could be, and it's great to see them listen/ echo our thoughts and completely smash it. 

3 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

I'm no expert, but with my friends who are really into that music, they said last years line up completely smashed it.  As you say, be excellent for all of us if it continues to grow in popularity haha! 

Sorry haven't been keeping up, are they replacing the rabbit hole with something bigger as well - that might draw more people? Arcadia growing too (I guess) is a good thing too, and will be a draw for people as it's new. So all in all, seems they're trying to address the problems!  

Last years Levels was the best of stage of 2023. It was amazing.

Increasing the capacity would make sense if they are on for another stellar year. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

rabbit hole is being replaced by something called the wishing well , run by the same crew , so I dont think the change will be massive 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

rabbit hole is being replaced by something called the wishing well , run by the same crew , so I dont think the change will be massive 

It won't be exactly the same crew - part of the original crew maybe.  There's a reason for the ending of the rabbit hole and it's not just to freshen things up. 

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

It won't be exactly the same crew - part of the original crew maybe.  There's a reason for the ending of the rabbit hole and it's not just to freshen things up. 

Will see in June but I’d be very suprised if the theming isn’t broadly similar . Along with majority of the crew . 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Will see in June but I’d be very suprised if the theming isn’t broadly similar . Along with majority of the crew . 

The Wishing Well indicates it's related to Alice in Wonderland still, but the management have split up.  

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Be great if they found room for sasha etc late night

57 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Any more info about this? Makes total sense. 

No, I just read it somewhere. Can't recall where to be honest, I thought it was on here but may have been the discord, Twitter, Facebook (unlikely) or Threads. They're all merging onto one!

2 hours ago, stuie said:

Telling a blatant lie isn't good management!  I don't believe she'd do that.... she'd have said something more ambiguous like 'we're overwhelmed by the amount of people who've paid their balances and there will be a very limited resale'

I think ticket holders in general aren't as obsessed about the headliners as people think they are.

It's sold out and there are plenty of gutted ticketless people, just like usual.

It is if there's no way to find out about it.

It's sold out this year but it only takes a couple of poor line ups for the buzz to die off a little and Glasto know they can't afford to put on festivals that don't sell out. They need to maintain the magic and that's what that statement did. No need to mention it otherwise.

38 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

It is if there's no way to find out about it.

It's sold out this year but it only takes a couple of poor line ups for the buzz to die off a little and Glasto know they can't afford to put on festivals that don't sell out. They need to maintain the magic and that's what that statement did. No need to mention it otherwise.

Or... there was the smallest amount of unpaid balances ever! 

It's hardly a stretch - we've been blessed with the weather for several festivals in a row.  Coldplay are a massive ticket shifter (even if we don't care that much for them) and enough people know it's not all about the headliners on the main stage. 

3 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

Yeah that's probably fair sometimes hard to see out the bubble,  

Il promise to act surprised 

3 hours ago, stuie said:

Telling a blatant lie isn't good management!  I don't believe she'd do that.... she'd have said something more ambiguous like 'we're overwhelmed by the amount of people who've paid their balances and there will be a very limited resale'

I think ticket holders in general aren't as obsessed about the headliners as people think they are.

It's sold out and there are plenty of gutted ticketless people, just like usual.

Yes, the headliner hype doesn’t affect ticket sales. The festival could possibly sellout twice over. In comparison other festivals are suffering. I’ve had so many e mails from other festivals promoting ticket sales. In fact this morning I got a message from Fairport conventions  cropredy  festival, usually really well attended, explaining how much it costs to hold the event, how so many similar festivals have folded and asking attendees to tell friends and family to come along. Obviously this year they are struggling.  A nice friendly folksy festival with a great atmosphere in a fantastic location, access to village pubs and local area. 

17 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, the headliner hype doesn’t affect ticket sales. The festival could possibly sellout twice over. In comparison other festivals are suffering. I’ve had so many e mails from other festivals promoting ticket sales. In fact this morning I got a message from Fairport conventions  cropredy  festival, usually really well attended, explaining how much it costs to hold the event, how so many similar festivals have folded and asking attendees to tell friends and family to come along. Obviously this year they are struggling.  A nice friendly folksy festival with a great atmosphere in a fantastic location, access to village pubs and local area. 

I took a look, worth sharing their comments:

https://www.fairportconvention.com/

click on Festival 

Edited by Avalon_Fields
  • Thanks 1