LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

26 minutes ago, Neville Street said:

Has somebody already counted number of acts on this first poster vs same first poster last couple of years?

OK, just counted it. Might be one or two out, but:

2022 had 89 acts on first poster

2023 had 68 acts on first poster

2024 has 95 acts on first poster

In doing the counting the overlap between 2022 and 2024 was striking. Worth a second count, which I may or may not do….

18 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Just because the lineup this year isn’t to certain people’s tastes doesn’t mean Glastonbury ‘isn’t for them’.

£350 is a lot of money and people are within their rights to criticise what they perceive to be a weak lineup, much like you are within your rights to praise it 

Criticise, yeah - I'm not saying that people can't, but to deprive someone of a ticket "on the basis I like the lineup" is poor behaviour. Anyone who sees that lineup and sacks their ticket off for that reason alone needs to have a word with themselves and start going to festivals where it's only about a few names at the top. If you can't have fun and find 10+ awesome acts at this year's fest then... Glastonbury ain't for you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

They were involved in a long legal battle for the right to even use the name Sugababes. The original lineup is back together now for the first time in years.
New album coming this year - first single from it did very well.

They're not just around for nostalgic reasons.

Ah, you're a super fan. Sorry, I'd get whiny too if someone badmouthed Bros.

14 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I'm just sooo glad I was at 2022! Not going to get any better than that is it. That was my most magic festival. Just seems like some HUGE missed opportunities this year, must just come down to cost and an industry shift in general that festivals aren't worth playing for the money and best to stick to your own tour 🤷🏼‍♀️

I'm 35...seems like they've just picked the most boring acts from 'my day' and stuck them on a poster because they would never have been asked to play back then but they're so gagging to say 'they've played glasto' that they're doing it now for cheap to fill up the lineup. Lol...just what it looks like to me

However, I REALLY hope this means areas like Theatre and Circus and the greenfields etc get some extra traffic and well deserved attention from crowds this year. Those areas are so special and unique. Also, I can't wait for the late night lineups this year 👏🏼👏🏼 

I'll have a blinder regardless 😊

22 was as good as it gets.

Poster seems fine to me... Plenty of names I wanna see there... A lot of names I'm not familiar with by name, so gonna be fun researching them all, although you haven't left us much time Emily....

Am I imagining it, or was a poster like this posted a while ago now and written off as fake due to the stage splits etc? If so, can anybody link me to that original post, I've tried looking back, and can't find it, so starting to think I imagined seeing this poster already. 

3 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Poster seems fine to me... Plenty of names I wanna see there... A lot of names I'm not familiar with by name, so gonna be fun researching them all, although you haven't left us much time Emily....

Am I imagining it, or was a poster like this posted a while ago now and written off as fake due to the stage splits etc? If so, can anybody link me to that original post, I've tried looking back, and can't find it, so starting to think I imagined seeing this poster already. 

You are correct. Looked too sh*t (design) to be true! 

• Upvote 1

poster is solid - IDLES slot is just shocking though

thursday headliner at 20k cap truck = other headliner?

3rd down victorious (same slot as james bay) = other headliner?

D-Block under them have 4 o2 dates, clearly a load of white blokes are more worthy though?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, K2SO said:

I just turned 30, and not a single person I know personally has said anything genuinely positive about it. The best I got was a "It's not all about the lineup" which was a very different tone to how that would usually be said 😂

Hope your daughters have a great time though 

The difference may be that they and their mates are not deeply into music (though they know their stuff). So they’re looking forward to Coldplay, Dua Lipa, Little Simz, Olivia Dean, Anne-Marie, Avril Lavigne, Arlo Parks, etc

Just now, Mcbatesman said:

I don't think idles is that crazy

Its a pretty significant bump up

They are playing a smaller slot than the streets who are headlining a main day at truck this year for instance

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Its a pretty significant bump up

They are playing a smaller slot than the streets who are headlining a main day at truck this year for instance

A bump up I would argue is deserved....as I've said earlier truck are starting to put bigger headliners on the Thursday night to draw more earl entry tickets.

There tour has sold pretty well (playing Similar venues to the national) on the back of a well received number 1 album.

If they are giving SZA a chance to headline the pyramid what's wrong with giving IDLES a crack at the other?

Just now, Mcbatesman said:

A bump up I would argue is deserved....as I've said earlier truck are starting to put bigger headliners on the Thursday night to draw more earl entry tickets.

There tour has sold pretty well (playing Similar venues to the national) on the back of a well received number 1 album.

If they are giving SZA a chance to headline the pyramid what's wrong with giving IDLES a crack at the other?

The act subbing them has 4 o2 dates

It doesn't make any sense

1 minute ago, mikegday said:

Paul Heaton in the sun with a warm beer 👌🏼

gutted on first look, but know I’ll have amazing moments..

He's tweeted that Rianne Downey will be joining him again too, seeing her next month in a tiny venue in Birmingham. Wonderful voice. She was great at Leftfield with Billy Bragg and Jamie Webster last year.

Edited by wozwebs

Idles will draw a big crowd, part made up of die hard fans and part made up from people who see them as a good option away from Dua. Fair play to them they are great live and play a lot of shows. People don’t tend to see them one and done , they come back for a repeat. 

these D block guys may have sold out massive London shows but I reckon they draw a smaller crowd at glasto in that same slot than idles. Could be wrong though 

also they might have to close the park to a swarm of indie dads for fountaines if scheduled that way lol 

23 minutes ago, stuie said:

IMG_1155.thumb.jpeg.606ce5cc79c7ce889d9c71adc47e36d2.jpeg

at least there's a low number of mimers this year - without studying the line-up in detail there's at least  one on there.

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

The act subbing them has 4 o2 dates

It doesn't make any sense

Just the way it goes, nothing but thieves are on the bottom line of the other stage and have had a stellar two years....

I guess it's also to give the "alt/rock" crowd something to go when dua lipa is on

Edited by Mcbatesman