LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

33 minutes ago, snoochie1981 said:

With all the talk at the time of Madonna, Shania, Stevie N etc potentially performing, I thought maybe an all female Sunday Pyramid lineup. And with International Women’s Day now next Friday…

Can you imagine the Daily Mail reader reaction?

Screaming raging crying. Definitely comments like Talent over Gender!!!! (That weird assumption that it would be untalenred perforners that comes from god knows where). If the word woke is not mentioned 7 or 8 times I'd be amazed. They definitely say the festival was finished. People who have not listened to any music since 1992 will be saying its lost it's way. Full on grown up men having tantrums in the comment section  of clickbait facebook articles.. .  

So what I'm saying is 

I'm up for that. 

Sounds good 😉

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

I think you might be right here. March 8th then. 

Can't see it - feel like it's just inviting a level of scrutiny the festival won't want to have to live up to as there's always more you can do to increase diversity etc. Even if Emily Eavis achieved the perfect balance of diverse bookings, she doesn't strike me as the type to try and make that fact into the story.

1 hour ago, ModBoy said:

Didn't know this was a line, would be rather weird to say, if it was due to festivals struggling with lineups this year, like many have speculated but is there anything we can think might be on the lineup to cause her to say this...

IMG_1076.png.4db945d29a8255a4dd9b1a4894e5eec2.png

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

In that Annie & Nick podcast, Emily said "It'll make sense when we reveal our line-up, there's a reason why we've held off a little longer."

I'm not sure we've given this particular sentence the 28 pages of scrutiny that it deserves.

In the context of what I think Emily was talking about (which I think was the headliner).  I took it as an indication that it was someone who wasn't on anyone's radar that that point...Which made sense when the Stevie Wonder information came out because he hadn't played live for several years due to his health issue and surgery.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

In the context of what I think Emily was talking about (which I think was the headliner).  I took it as an indication that it was someone who wasn't on anyone's radar that that point...Which made sense when the Stevie Wonder information came out because he hadn't played live for several years due to his health issue and surgery.

stop being sensible 😄 😄

35 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Could they have been (or still are) waiting to see how Stevie's health is as to if he can play or not, hence delayed announcement? Would make sense.

36 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Could they have been (or still are) waiting to see how Stevie's health is as to if he can play or not, hence delayed announcement? Would make sense.

"I've just called to say I'm healthy"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Not getting why international women's day is relevant? Given the concensus is that it's Coldplay, SW and Dua Lipa it would feel pretty odd to announce that headline trio on international women's day.  

Reckon it's because of Steve Wonder and his return not being announced yet. Although also hoping maybe Coldplay was a red herring 

49 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

I think his operation was a while ago now so I don't think they are waiting on that.  He played at the Grammys and looked back on form.  

I was coming at it more from the point of view that he wasn't someone who has been touring or on the live circuit for 5 years (I think) and so it might have been a late call (last year) that he was a potential. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

In that Annie & Nick podcast, Emily said "It'll make sense when we reveal our line-up, there's a reason why we've held off a little longer."

I'm not sure we've given this particular sentence the 28 pages of scrutiny that it deserves.

They've held off on any announcements because when the poster drops the first letter of each act will spell out the names for the secret sets.

1 minute ago, gherkin8r said:

Not getting why international women's day is relevant? Given the concensus is that it's Coldplay, SW and Dua Lipa it would feel pretty odd to announce that headline trio on international women's day.  

Yeah - I really don't think it is. Just folk seeing a connection where there isn't one.

1 minute ago, Simsy said:

They've held off on any announcements because when the poster drops the first letter of each act will spell out the names for the secret sets.

Dua Lipa

Avril Lavigne

Fatboy Slim

Troye Sivan

Pulp

Underworld

National, The

Keane

are all shoe-ins

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Maybe they're planning on just releasing the full lineup rather than just the poster? Could be as simple as that

3 hours ago, ModBoy said:

Didn't know this was a line, would be rather weird to say, if it was due to festivals struggling with lineups this year, like many have speculated but is there anything we can think might be on the lineup to cause her to say this...

I can.  Smoke + Mirrors.  #thereisnopattern

2 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Maybe they're planning on just releasing the full lineup rather than just the poster? Could be as simple as that

Or maybe they just wanted to spend a month less reading the same tired comments on socials from folks who haven't a ticket and haven't been for over twenty years.

"who"

"not as good as it used to be in my day" 

Etc

😊

15 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Reckon it's because of Steve Wonder and his return not being announced yet. Although also hoping maybe Coldplay was a red herring 

Yeah, it's not.

The context it was mentioned was a potential all-female day on the Pyramid - but with Madonna off (or never on) the table, that's not viable.