LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

9 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Followed by HAAI in San Remo.

On paper could be my fave run of all time.

I'm gutted that I'll miss out on Folamour, Ewan McVicar, and Camelphat - they were up there with my faves from the SH poster. Will have to check out HAAI and maybe that's me sorted for my post Hot Chip dance-a-thon!

19 minutes ago, rwoo said:

The TBA on the Temple Friday night has got to be Fred/Skrillex/FT hasn't it?

I think it may be Roni Size and Reprezent considering he's already confirmed he's playing on his tour poster, and he doesnt seem to be anywhere on the lineup?

Edited by MrSpaM

40 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Guns and Roses given 2 hr 15 min set but Elton John only gets 2 hours! Outrage

18 minutes ago, incident said:

I'm pretty confident in saying - Elton will have been given exactly what he asked for.

I'm fairly sure it's a typo and should show a 23:15 finish rather than 23:05

16 minutes ago, Chip Batch said:

No ticket, and each to their own and all that but the Pyramid and Other Stage? Jeez...

Texas late afternoon on the Pyramid in 2023. 😬

Sunday night Other Stage is great with The War On Drugs into Queens of the Stone Age, but clashes with Elton John. 

Woodies and The Park saving it throughout for me. West Holts OK.

Still very, very jealous mind 🙂

Yes that's pretty dire. Manics with a high slot on the other stage too. Past it. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

They're clearly learning from last year how popular retro is.

Rick Astley, Texas, Sophie Ellis-Bextor all on Pyramid slots. Not sure I'd have put money on that prior to the Mel C or TLC shitshow last year.

Yep, looks like good so far. Rick Astley, for his one song alone, will be busier at that time than the Pyramid has ever likely been. 

13 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I'm gutted that I'll miss out on Folamour, Ewan McVicar, and Camelphat - they were up there with my faves from the SH poster. Will have to check out HAAI and maybe that's me sorted for my post Hot Chip dance-a-thon!

She's very different from Folamour, Ewan M and Camelphat, just FYI!

3 minutes ago, andymk said:

I'm fairly sure it's a typo and should show a 23:15 finish rather than 23:05

The finish times for Pyramid headliners often don't match up to what happens in the field anyway. Curfew on the stage is 23:30 on Sunday, so he could play a full 2 and a half hours if he wanted.

8 minutes ago, kalifire said:

They're clearly learning from last year how popular retro is.

Rick Astley, Texas, Sophie Ellis-Bextor all on Pyramid slots. Not sure I'd have put money on that prior to the Mel C or TLC shitshow last year.

I like Sophie Ellis-Bextor and she’s actually pretty great live, but has she had some kind of career revival that I’m unaware of? Because that’s a pretty generous slot for her, even if they are leaning in to having a bunch of nostalgia acts in prominent places rather than shoved on Avalon. 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

I like Sophie Ellis-Bextor and she’s actually pretty great live, but has she had some kind of career revival that I’m unaware of? Because that’s a pretty generous slot for her, even if they are leaning in to having a bunch of nostalgia acts in prominent places rather than shoved on Avalon. 

She is quite a lot bigger now due to all the lock down kitchen discos she did online during the pandemic. Tour venues are larger in size recently.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I like Sophie Ellis-Bextor and she’s actually pretty great live, but has she had some kind of career revival that I’m unaware of?

Yep, she has.

Some lockdown thing went viral and she's been playing bigger slots at various places since then.

Just now, cdm22 said:

She is quite a lot bigger now due to all the lock down kitchen discos she did online during the pandemic. Tour venues are larger in size recently.

Just now, incident said:

Yep, she has.

Some lockdown thing went viral and she's been playing bigger slots at various places since then.

Ah yeah thought that might’ve had something to do with it. Fair enough. Saw her at Liverpool Pride a couple of years back and she killed it, and I was surprised at how many of her songs I remembered.