LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

Just now, Gnomicide said:

Sorry, I cut the bottom of the screen shot off. He's saying it's 14 days until their first show.

He does later go on to say "there will be some other stuff soon... maybe..."

Its not a maybe - theres still 2 shows tba

20 minutes ago, gfa said:

Hoping for Park or Woodsies, they deserve the step up to a main stage this year. Arcadia would be a waste, can't do their live set on that.

Oh yeah ideally a live set somewhere. I have no sense of how big they are. It seemed like there were a lot of people at IIcon last year but I guess it is a bit different at 01.30 in the morning. I feel like it would be weird seeing them in the light in the early evening. I would have expected them as a silver Hayes headliner if they were going to be on a "main stage". Dunno though, my radar is a bit off for this sort of thing. 

17 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Oh yeah ideally a live set somewhere. I have no sense of how big they are. It seemed like there were a lot of people at IIcon last year but I guess it is a bit different at 01.30 in the morning. I feel like it would be weird seeing them in the light in the early evening. I would have expected them as a silver Hayes headliner if they were going to be on a "main stage". Dunno though, my radar is a bit off for this sort of thing. 

never heard of them before, but you guys talking about them has made me just stick on their new album whilst analysing the new map.  it's lovely.  fingers crossed they show! thanks for the tip-off. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Sorry, I cut the bottom of the screen shot off. He's saying it's 14 days until their first show.

He does later go on to say "there will be some other stuff soon... maybe..."

Well, I've made wilder predictions off the back of worse information, so I'll stick with 26th for full lineup with pulp (without your post it would have been 30th 🙂)

30 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

They did SH last year - i reckon sub park or woodises wouldn't be unreasonable.

46 minutes ago, faymondo said:

Thanks @Neil and hope the future is what you want 

thanks, the list of people who helped efestivals get to here is very long, i spent a few hours yesterday saying thanks to many individuals, including simon G, dick V, dik, pete &stu (who helped me get things going), suzy of the butterflies (for her music biz knowledge), eddie and lynz for doing the ' met on efests' wedding and efests kids), and many more.

Thank you @Neil (and anyone else behind the scenes) for all of your hard work. Through all the ups and downs (mostly ups) efestivals has become a home from home for me. Long may it continue. Enjoy your well earned retirement from the site and all the very best for your future plans.

15 minutes ago, KidneyTerra said:

Hey Neil, never met you but I’d be keen to buy you a pint, as I’m sure many others would.  Any chance you want to name a pub and a time you’ll be in on Wednesday evening so that we can share our appreciation?

thanks, but that all depends on whether i can collect my hired mobility scooter before then. scooter will be opposite side of the site to me, so could prove difficult.

am just trying to sort myself a new web server

just to have one (i've had  my own servers for 25 years, and am used to being able to have a set-up to suit me, so still want that). also it gives me a place for any projects)

@Neil As a long time user of this site,(mostly a lurker and only occasional poster) I would like to thank you for all the work you have put in over the years, I first came across your site on the run up to my first Glastonbury (2000) when my then Girlfriend, now wife, printed out the line-up/roamers page as I had very limited access to the internet back then. This site, and by extension you, have been a major part of all the festivals I've been to since, I couldn't count the number of acts I only go to see because of these pages, not to mention the community that you have built up. Thank you and I wish you the very best as you move forward. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FrankieX said:

Lineup for Friday night at The Meeting Place Bar:

May be a graphic of text that says "GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL JAMES ALEXANDER BRIGHT & FRIENDS THE MEETING PLACE BAR FRIDAY 23RD JUNE 6PM- 3am OO BILL BREWSTER (F) JAMES ALEXANDER BRIGHT BRIGHT FINDLAY LIVE EUAN FRYER (ATHENS THE NORTH) FEXJOY JOY BENJAMIN SMITH HARRY NONE MORE B2B JACK (FLYING MOJITO BROS ROB SMOUGHTON BLACK PEACHES) HEAVENLY JUKEBOX"

Is this a staff bar? If not, where is it? Meeting place is near William's Green so is this the bar there and they now have a stage?