LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

19 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

IIRC Janelle Monae and Little Simz were both announced late January for the last two festivals, and Lana in 2020 around a similar time. No pattern and all, but hopefully we get a stage headliner/big Pyramid act announced soonish

Screenshot_20230118_135553_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1a43ea4f40d34c39f935eb1f09397fe1.jpg

Simz was 2nd Feb and LDR was 14th Feb.

Edited by Gnomicide
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

So you're saying we all need to get on board the Madonna train and then we'll get an announcement. I can do that!! Madge for El Pointo!!

👀

B9800F25-42AE-4F93-BB43-F0C4DC717AA2.jpeg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Neil said:

you only do bullshit, nothing has changed with how i'm doing stuff.

Yeah that's your issue, nothing has changed. Even the TBC acts on lineups pages etc etc.

Anyway, until you piped up again with your please don't attack me bollocks everyone was playing nicely.

So use that door and lock it behind you.

5 minutes ago, moogster said:

Yeah I need a curveball announcement... A real good Glasto Fuck Yeah! announcement... MADONNA! MADONNA! Come on Madge, it's now or never! You don't need the cash anyway! 

Very unlikely, surely? She's only in this country for one date in October for that tour

6 minutes ago, billum said:

Very unlikely, surely? She's only in this country for one date in October for that tour

hence the curveball wish. I am not going to be wowed when/if the Arctic Monkeys get announced. I want a real surprise 🙂 At this point though I am quite open to who that would be, as long as it's someone we thought was low on the possible list.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, moogster said:

hence the curveball wish. I am not going to be wowed when/if the Arctic Monkeys get announced. I want a real surprise 🙂 At this point though I am quite open to who that would be, as long as it's someone we thought was low on the possible list.

For the nth time, Guns & Roses were the curveball.

57 minutes ago, stuie said:

👀

B9800F25-42AE-4F93-BB43-F0C4DC717AA2.jpeg

I’ve no doubt that the festival has been in talks with Madonna’s camp in some way in the past, even if it was a simple ‘wanna play?’ and being laughed at, but if this tour continues in to 2024 in any way I’ll be very inclined to get my hopes up for her appearing at the farm. The money might always be an issue, but if they can bag the Stones then anything is possible, and I reckon they’d up the fee is Madge was in any way interested. 

37 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Academic

Glastonbury Festival is an annual festival of contemporary performing arts held at Worthy Farm on an annual basis, except for "fallow" years, when no festival is held. In this post, I will outline how a conclusion which is unsupported by official data cannot be depended upon as reliable.

Each year, three "headliners" finish the day's musical entertainment on the main stage, referred to as the "Pyramid". The headline acts are announced before the festival begins, usually before the balance payment is due around early April. There is much speculation online surrounding the identity of the headline acts, and inevitably some of the speculation transpires to be incorrect. Some speculation is supported by claims of insider knowledge, either of the festival or of the music industry.

One such example can be found on the internet forum 'eFestivals', where a poster wrongly claimed that Roxy Music were set to play at a specific time on the Pyramid stage. This was later withdrawn as the information supplied was not accurate. The festival will announce who is performing on that stage at that time before the festival begins. The incorrect information provided before such an official announcement is an example of how it can be easy to falsely speculate on future events and that only the provision of information direct from the source, in this case the festival itself, is truly reliable.

In conclusion, I have cited an example of an occasion in which incorrect information was provided, leading many people to wrongly conclude that a particular act were due to perform at Glastonbury. There are variables affecting this process: the possibility of confirmation bias among a group of people inclined to believe a particular source; the malleability of people invested in early information regarding an event to which they are particularly attached; and the likelihood of a substantial return on investment in the gambling arena. These factors extend beyond the scope of this post but may be worthy of ongoing research.

Edited by kalifire

5 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Glastonbury Festival is an annual festival of contemporary performing arts held at Worthy Farm on an annual basis, except for "fallow" years, when no festival is held. In this post, I will outline how a conclusion which is unsupported by official data cannot be depended upon as reliable.

Each year, three "headliners" finish the day's musical entertainment on the main stage, referred to as the "Pyramid". The headline acts are announced before the festival begins, usually before the balance payment is due around early April. There is much speculation online surrounding the identity of the headline acts, and inevitably some of the speculation transpires to be incorrect. Some speculation is supported by claims of insider knowledge, either of the festival or of the music industry.

One such example can be found on the internet forum 'eFestivals', where a poster wrongly claimed that Roxy Music were set to play at a specific time on the Pyramid stage. This was later withdrawn as the information supplied was not accurate. The festival will announce who is performing on that stage at that time before the festival begins. The incorrect information provided before such an official announcement is an example of how it can be easy to falsely speculate on future events and that only the provision of information direct from the source, in this case the festival itself, is truly reliable.

In conclusion, I have cited an example of an occasion in which incorrect information was provided, leading many people to wrongly conclude that a particular act was due to perform at Glastonbury. There are variables affecting this process: the possibility of confirmation bias among a group of people inclined to believe a particular source; the malleability of people invested in early information regarding an event to which they are particularly attached; and the likelihood of a substantial return on investment in the gambling arena. These factors extend beyond the scope of this post but may be worthy of ongoing research.

F- 

56 minutes ago, moogster said:

Yeah I need a curveball announcement... A real good Glasto Fuck Yeah! announcement... MADONNA! MADONNA! Come on Madge, it's now or never! You don't need the cash anyway! 

She doesn't need the cash, she does need the credibility boost that glasto will give her. 

IMAGINE if they had Madge on the hook for 2023 as well. The two biggest living solo artists of all time.

Redacted the second part. Obviously plenty would moan. But for my money you could have those two and quite literally anyone else the third day.

Edited by BenG92

4 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

Qualifying with living and then saying of all time seems like a contradiction in terms to me. Can't be of all time if you're discounting the dead. 

It's not much use talking about Elvis in a Glastonbury thread though, is it? Think biggest living is a pretty good qualifier when they could actually be booked (and one already is).

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

More importantly, look at that New Map date on the 20th Jan. That's exactly what we need. Sadly that's the earliest by 2 months.

Not so sure. The way I see it, the recent planning application gives no indication of any significant change to the site plans. Surely any proposed big changes would be included? I’m thinking the new map will be the same old 2022 map, give or take some minor tweaks.