LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

On 5/24/2024 at 9:48 AM, bennyhana22 said:

When it says 'The House of God' on the IICON poster, does it mean The House of God (legendary Brum techno institution with Surgeon, Regis, Sir Real etc)? Or is there an 'artist' that plays under the moniker of 'The House of God'?

If it's the former - oh my gawsh!

Ben

This was my first thought… but not sure it feels right. Quick google can’t find any other obvious candidates.

I’ve got a pal who’s DJd at the HOG nights, will try to see if he has any info!

18 minutes ago, Nelvis said:

This was my first thought… but not sure it feels right. Quick google can’t find any other obvious candidates.

I’ve got a pal who’s DJd at the HOG nights, will try to see if he has any info!

Yes, do that! Who's your pal?

I tweeted Surgeon and HOG, but no replies so far - I don't expect back from HOG, but Tony is a good responder, often.

Similarly, I can find no sign of any other artists under that moniker. The initial poster said 'THOG' - I can find one reference to Thog on Soundcloud, but that doesn't look right. I wonder if it is HOF and the THOG was to disguise it - but then I don't think HOG is adequately in the national consciousness to make that necessary!

Anyhoo, here's hoping we have Brum's finest smashing it on the Big Head.

Ben

32 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

All I want from the weather gods is the ability to sit down on dry grass across the site.

It ain’t looking good atm.

Keep the faith 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

All I want from the weather gods is the ability to sit down on dry grass across the site.

It ain’t looking good atm.

We're exactly an entire month away! Haven't we yet learned that predictions this far out are absolute folly? Was it 2019 when the Somme was absolutely inevitable, and my pal got sunstroke in the queue?

Ben

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

We're exactly an entire month away! Haven't we yet learned that predictions this far out are absolute folly? Was it 2019 when the Somme was absolutely inevitable, and my pal got sunstroke in the queue?

Ben

Yep and that Saturday was the hottest day in human history. 

1 hour ago, gherkin8r said:

Yep and that Saturday was the hottest day in human history. 

I worked the festival that year, that was my one day off...and it was so hot I just laid in the shade in the green fields for the most part barely doing anything!

3 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I worked the festival that year, that was my one day off...and it was so hot I just laid in the shade in the green fields for the most part barely doing anything!

I'm pretty sure my friend and I crashed in shade by some compost toilets drinking cold milk from the milk truck. Not my finest hour but boy did it refresh me.

3 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I was so ill, that day due to the heat. I got an all day migraine that only cleared up when it was time to see Kae Tempest. Really knocked me out for the entire day.

2 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Did anyone use the app last year? I didn't even download it before as the clashfinders/website listing's still seem better to me

I mostly use clashfinder, but the official app is useful for getting notifications of any last minute changes (also I've been going for 20 years but I still need the map 😂)

1 hour ago, deadponyclub said:

I have a good feeling about today being the day we get the full line up 🤞🏼

It needs to be today. I'm fed of of waiting. If it's not today, I'm not going. Let's see how they like that!

17 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

I'm pretty sure my friend and I crashed in shade by some compost toilets drinking cold milk from the milk truck. Not my finest hour but boy did it refresh me.

I had 10 minutes on the floor at the Park while that Barry White thing was on. Had no idea where I was when I woke up.

17 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

Had a cool bag full of ice and cider. Just kept dunking my baseball cap in it and sticking it back on my head. Wonderful.

1 hour ago, Acid_Haze said:

Wednesday I reckon

Probably not today now after the Carhenge announcement. Usually we have some kind of info when it'll be by this point. Makes me think it's more likely to be at some point Wednesday - Friday

Its has been the 29th or 30th for 2019, 2022 and 2023. Thats a pattern.

wednesday or thursday

there is nothing really left apart from greenfields / greenpeace and san remo and they dont all get a guaranteed separate announcement pre full lineup & times