LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

Still never made the trip to the Palais. How busy does it get and how far in advance do you need to get there if there's something you want to see? Might wonder over on the Thursday for Problemista and Tap.

What the f**k is The Greatest Showman doing in there?  Worst. Film. Ever and paints one of the worst humans in history and a slave owner as some loveable character who was all heart.  Seems an odd choice.

11 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

What the f**k is The Greatest Showman doing in there?  Worst. Film. Ever and paints one of the worst humans in history and a slave owner as some loveable character who was all heart.  Seems an odd choice.

It’s awfully popular and people will do sing alongs with it. 

Agree it’s an awful film. 

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Friday

Our first star guest appearance is with Andrew Scott in National Theatre Live’s Vanya. Straight after that is Tilda Swinton introducing her latest pre-release film the quirky comedy Problemista. Next up Florance Pugh will be talking about her experiences on the set of the epic Dune: part 2. Followed by a screening of heartfelt drama All Of Us Strangers with Director Andrew Haigh, and stars Paul Mescal and Andrew Scott. Finally, our late film is Baby Driver and Q&A with director Edgar Wright.

Saturday

The next day we’re celebrating the 20th anniversary of cult favourite Shaun Of The Dead with Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright. Our Saturday night film is also part of our Vampire series with a Q&A from Tilda Swinton talking about Jim Jarmusch’s insanely cool vampire film Only Lovers left Alive. Fun fact: Tilda’s part in this film qualified her for her cameo in the hit TV series What We do in the Shadows.

Sunday

Finally, on Sunday, we kick off with I’m not There, a rumination on the life of Bob Dylan, where six characters embody different aspect of the musician’s life and work. Cate Blanchett is one of those six, and the two-time Oscor winner will be with us for the Q&A. After that is Unicorns and a Q&A with Ben Hardy (X-Men: Apocalypse, Bohemian Rhapsody), Jason Patel and the directors: Sally El-Hosaini and James Krishna Floyd. Its followed by a screening of Murnau’s Nosferatu (1922) with an Intro by Dan Smith (Bastille) and live score by Chris Green.

It's the first announcement since West Holts that I'm properly excited for.

3 hours ago, stuie said:

That design is far, far better than anything most of the areas manage to put together! 

It’s almost too good to be a legitimate Glastonbury area poster! 

I kind of miss the days when they put some proper effort in.

PiltonPalaisPoster.thumb.jpg.9c882f36473cdc4fc946099fee77a549.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, stuie said:

That design is far, far better than anything most of the areas manage to put together! 

It’s almost too good to be a legitimate Glastonbury area poster! 

agree. 

Some of the other areas were dreadful tbh. Someone needs a kick up the arse I'd say. It's really not hard these days with so many free stuff online like Canva. 

This however is beautifully designed and clearly thought about. 

2 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Literally gonna have the full lineup in less than two weeks, so they’re either coming this week or next if they’re getting their own announcements. 

Lol well yeah I was able to figure that much out........

(Playfully sarcastic tone)

Edited by Ben7amin_

21 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Microsoft Paint is my passion 

I feel like there should be a thread dedicated to posters with the worst artwork. There has been some absolutely terrible ones over the years. Has anyone got any other shockers saved from times past??

15 minutes ago, Lakey91 said:

I feel like there should be a thread dedicated to posters with the worst artwork. There has been some absolutely terrible ones over the years. Has anyone got any other shockers saved from times past??

I’ve started to save the posters, and do yearly collages of most of them, last two year’s here:

IMG_1388.jpeg

IMG_1387.jpeg

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Lakey91 said:

The initial Mandala one last year was funny when they used the line-up generator website. They did redeem themselves with something different a little later.

20240521_162237.thumb.jpg.82e0bbb822882077cfccc0c799f96581.jpg

Others that spring to mind, 2020 poster with the acts in a circle. Actually looks quite nice but difficult to read. 

1225818558_th(46).thumb.jpeg.95c2e7aa8fff8cfcc8eb8f3fa2ee8237.jpeg

2005 poster. Maybe because there only seems to be low resolution available but it's unreadable.

2005Poster.thumb.jpg.8bf7899ffd2fdd523f499bdb2288c8d5.jpg