2023 Stage Predictions

9 hours ago, TiZuff said:

Fred Again is way way too big for Park. hes a west holts headliner. Other than that Doja for SZA and ill take it.

Fred also needs screens for his show to work properly. 

Erykah Badu will be late, gonna upset a lot of people,  but still better than Lauryn Hill. Funny how Sade is just there and thats an easy headline slot on Other if that was even something that could happen.

Edited by Suprefan

11 hours ago, TiZuff said:

Fred Again is way way too big for Park. hes a west holts headliner. Other than that Doja for SZA and ill take it.

honestly wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be an outside shot for Other stage dance headliner a la Disclosure, (or at least sunset slot pre-headline on Other). Has got the cross-over Radio 1 playlisting advantage over someone like Bicep

2 minutes ago, jamesmsmith93 said:

honestly wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be an outside shot for Other stage dance headliner a la Disclosure, (or at least sunset slot pre-headline on Other). Has got the cross-over Radio 1 playlisting advantage over someone like Bicep

True but he's not bigger than Bicep and they were a perfect fit for WH this year.

Think Other is too big for him.

14 minutes ago, nikkic said:

True but he's not bigger than Bicep and they were a perfect fit for WH this year.

Think Other is too big for him.

yeah think you're probably right at the mo, but who knows over the next 6 months, wouldn't be surprised if he gets there with a big run of singles

Regardless (assuming he's there), will no doubt be one of the biggest draws of the weekend - his Roundhouse gig back in March was one of the most fun I've ever been to so would love to see him in a packed out JP tent for the atmosphere, but agree WH probs right size for this year

1 minute ago, jamesmsmith93 said:

yeah think you're probably right at the mo, but who knows over the next 6 months, wouldn't be surprised if he gets there with a big run of singles

Regardless (assuming he's there), will no doubt be one of the biggest draws of the weekend - his Roundhouse gig back in March was one of the most fun I've ever been to so would love to see him in a packed out JP tent for the atmosphere, but agree WH probs right size for this year

Barring a big clash like Elton, I'll be at his set. Really wanna seem him live!

3 minutes ago, wc23 said:

Can already picture the crush of Freds set at Park. He's not big enough yet for Other imo but I cant think of another stage that would fit his crowd. I would say it would be one of the biggest crowds of the weekend.

100%, think having blown up so quickly without having done a huge amount of touring, will be a lot of people's first chance to see him (whereas say Bicep were absolutely everywhere for a couple of summers). Perfect festival vibes too so will be absolutely packed out wherever he is

Will be interesting to see his billing on other festivals

Just hope they havent locked him in a while ago somewhere too small/early..!

Fred could maybe do other sub - would be a fun sunset kind of set. Think hes most likely for WH headline tho

8 minutes ago, wc23 said:

Can already picture the crush of Freds set at Park. He's not big enough yet for Other imo but I cant think of another stage that would fit his crowd. I would say it would be one of the biggest crowds of the weekend.

Glasto really fumbled the bag not getting him this year!

Edited by gfa

14 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

The Smile, if active next year: surely down for JP headline/Park headline right? They were one of the best things I saw all year. Primavera set is up online, great stuff.

The Smile is actually a great shout if active. Philip Selway also has a new album out next year so could see him popping up somewhere on the bill, somewhere on The Park during the day maybe?

EOB was meant to play in 2020 too I believe...

Just now, Hutchmaster said:

The Smile is actually a great shout if active. Philip Selway also has a new album out next year so could see him popping up somewhere on the bill, somewhere on The Park during the day maybe?

EOB was meant to play in 2020 too I believe...

Yeah Ed was down for 2020. He's currently making another album from what I understand.

6 minutes ago, wc23 said:

Agreed, still think that would be seriously packed out though!

Bicep was a full field but pretty spread out - we were like halfway back and you could easily have doubled the crowd density, i think it would be ok

44 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Bicep clashes were particualrly brutal though (at least for my group). I wish I'd been there 

Good point, was brutal for me too. All of us would very happily have done Kendrick, PSB or Bicep. Ended up with 2 at bicep, 6 at kendrick and nobody at PSB

edit: there was also two shell and prospa at the same time too i think

Edited by gfa