2023 Stage Predictions

It's been an ill day for me so I thought I'd have a go at filling all top 5 stages with a 50/50 balance, see how I do. Reckon I've done alright here.

Fri
Pyr: Arctic Monkeys//Pulp//Royal Blood//Anderson .Paak & The Fee Nationals//PJ Harvey//Lily Allen//Black Uhuru

Oth: The Prodigy//Jorja Smith//Robyn//Loyle Carner//Bloc Party//Holly Humberstone//Billy Nomates//Manic Street Preachers
WH: FKA Twigs//Kokoroko//Mahalia//Vieux Farka Toure//Obongjayar//Gabriels//The Comet Is Coming//Kamaal Williams

JP: Aitch//DMA's//Dermot Kennedy//Rina Sawayama//Soccer Mommy//Shame//The Snuts//Maisie Peters//Sam Ryder
Pa: Fred Again..//Sharon Van Etten//Marcus Mumford//Maggie Rogers//Spiritualized//Yard Act//Cleo Sol//Pip Blom//Greta Isaac

Sat
Pyr: Guns 'N' Roses//Queens of The Stoneage//Lewis Capaldi//The Specials//Becky Hill//Candi Staton
Oth: Doja Cut//Paolo Nutini//Camilla Cabello//Belle & Sebastian//Editors//Wet Leg//Dry Cleaning//Kofi Stone
WH: Michael Kiwanuka//M.I.A.//Kali Uchis//Young Fathers//Sudan Archives//Black Country, New Road//Jockstrap//Parannoul
JP: Yeah Yeah Yeahs//The Wombats//Carly Rae Jepsen//Oliver Sim//Willow//MUNA//Goat Girl//Miraa May//Courting
Pa: Fleet Foxes//Goldfrapp//Perfume Genius//Ezra Furman//The Big Moon//Snail Mail//Joesef//Liz Lawrence//Cassandra Jenkins

Sunday

Pyr: Elton John//Lizzo//Lil Nas X//Roxy Music//Paloma Faith//Kelis

Oth: The National//Courteeners//Anne-Marie//Phoenix//Alabama Shakes//Central Cee//Anna Calvi//Avelino
WH: Jamie xx//Thundercat//Mount Kimbie//Tinariwen//Ezra Collective//Ibibio Sound Machine//L'Rain//Melt Yourself Down
JP: Pendulum (Live)//Father John Misty//Alvvays//PinkPantheress//The Chats//The Lathums//The Murder Capital//deep tan
Pa: London Grammar//Slowdive//Angel Olsen//Weyes Blood//Kurt Vile & The Violators//Oklou//Gilla Band

Edited by TheWaters
  • Upvote 3

FKA Twigs or Fred Again, Doja Cat or Michael Kiwanuka and The National or Jamie xx as headliner options would be grand.

Solid prediction @TheWaters.

Few placings I somewhat disagree with (Lily Allen, Loyle Carner, Dermot Kennedy, Maggie Rogers, Spiritualized, Willow, Central Cee all too low imo).

BC,NR on WH would be weird too, especially straight after Jockstrap - give Georgia a break! I know Black Midi played there this year but I'd say their more experimental sound fits the WH vibe more than the new BC,NR music.

55 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

It's been an ill day for me so I thought I'd have a go at filling all top 5 stages with a 50/50 balance, see how I do. Reckon I've done alright here.

Fri
Pyr: Arctic Monkeys//Pulp//Royal Blood//Anderson .Paak & The Fee Nationals//PJ Harvey//Lily Allen//Black Uhuru

Oth: The Prodigy//Jorja Smith//Robyn//Loyle Carner//Bloc Party//Holly Humberstone//Billy Nomates//Manic Street Preachers
WH: FKA Twigs//Kokoroko//Mahalia//Vieux Farka Toure//Obongjayar//Gabriels//The Comet Is Coming//Kamaal Williams

JP: Aitch//DMA's//Dermot Kennedy//Rina Sawayama//Soccer Mommy//Shame//The Snuts//Maisie Peters//Sam Ryder
Pa: Fred Again..//Sharon Van Etten//Marcus Mumford//Maggie Rogers//Spiritualized//Yard Act//Cleo Sol//Pip Blom//Greta Isaac

Sat
Pyr: Guns 'N' Roses//Queens of The Stoneage//Lewis Capaldi//The Specials//Becky Hill//Candi Staton
Oth: Doja Cut//Paolo Nutini//Camilla Cabello//Belle & Sebastian//Editors//Wet Leg//Dry Cleaning//Kofi Stone
WH: Michael Kiwanuka//M.I.A.//Kali Uchis//Young Fathers//Sudan Archives//Black Country, New Road//Jockstrap//Parannoul
JP: Yeah Yeah Yeahs//The Wombats//Carly Rae Jepsen//Oliver Sim//Willow//MUNA//Goat Girl//Miraa May//Courting
Pa: Fleet Foxes//Goldfrapp//Perfume Genius//Ezra Furman//The Big Moon//Snail Mail//Joesef//Liz Lawrence//Cassandra Jenkins

Sunday

Oth: The National//Courteeners//Anne-Marie//Phoenix//Alabama Shakes//Central Cee//Anna Calvi//Avelino
WH: Jamie xx//Thundercat//Mount Kimbie//Tinariwen//Ezra Collective//Ibibio Sound Machine//L'Rain//Melt Yourself Down
JP: Pendulum (Live)//Father John Misty//Alvvays//PinkPantheress//The Chats//The Lathums//The Murder Capital//deep tan
Pa: London Grammar//Slowdive//Angel Olsen//Weyes Blood//Kurt Vile & The Violators//Oklou//Gilla Band

I don’t hate it.

Seeing another lineup without Taylor though is just heartbreaking. Especially with Midnights coming.

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

Fri

Sat

Sunday

This would be fantastic. Based off the predictions this year really don't think i'm going to have too tough of a time re headliners - certainly not like Sunday of this year!

Pretty solid lineup that for me, even though its a gutter not having Taylor on there, definitely gives me and my group much more room to go to different stages for the headliners - but overall a very nice mix of acts! I'll take it!

Fri: Lily Allen -> Holly Humberstone -> Yard Act -> Loyle Carner -> Mahalia -> Jorja Smith/Pulp -> Fred Again..

Sat: Courting -> Becky Hill -> Black Country, New Road/Wet Leg -> Carly Rae Jepsen -> Kali Uchis -> The Wombats/M.I.A -> Doja Cat

Sun: Kelis -> Central Cee -> The Chats -> PinkPantheress -> Lil Nas X/Anne-Marie -> Lizzo -> Elton John

11 hours ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I'd be delighted if this was the line up.

I'd switch fleet foxes and fred again because you wouldn't want fred again up against the prodigy 

And because I wouldn't want Fleet foxes against Yeah yeah yeahs.

This is a good line up though. Plenty of options if not into Pyramid headliners 🙂

16 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Fri

Sat

Sunday

I'd be all over this. Loads on there I'd love to see. 

Elton vs The National vs Jamie XX can do one though. 

17 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Fri

Sat

Sunday

Plenty there Fri & Sat, with Sun to mosey shattered, going where my ears take me.

Don't like the YYYs clash with GnR, but I'd be happy overall.

Get better soon as well btw. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, nikkic said:

I'd be all over this. Loads on there I'd love to see. 

Elton vs The National vs Jamie XX can do one though. 

On 10/11/2022 at 6:00 AM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

FKA Twigs or Fred Again, Doja Cat or Michael Kiwanuka and The National or Jamie xx as headliner options would be grand.

Solid prediction @TheWaters.

Few placings I somewhat disagree with (Lily Allen, Loyle Carner, Dermot Kennedy, Maggie Rogers, Spiritualized, Willow, Central Cee all too low imo).

BC,NR on WH would be weird too, especially straight after Jockstrap - give Georgia a break! I know Black Midi played there this year but I'd say their more experimental sound fits the WH vibe more than the new BC,NR music.

As someone who has had the misfortune of catching a post-2020 Jamie XX headline set, and knowing many others who have done the same, do not waste a Glastonbury headliner on him. Been dropping 2/10 sets for the last 18 months - ask anyone who’s caught him tenderly on the Electronica/Dance thread on here.

• Upvote 1

Jamie XX should not be allowed anywhere near a live stage, let alone a headline slot

3 hours ago, MaxPower said:

As someone who has had the misfortune of catching a post-2020 Jamie XX headline set, and knowing many others who have done the same, do not waste a Glastonbury headliner on him. Been dropping 2/10 sets for the last 18 months - ask anyone who’s caught him tenderly on the Electronica/Dance thread on here.

11 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Cannot remember if I piped up on this one, but would like to see a place for The Gaslight Anthem. Pre-reunion dates, would have suggested as high as JP headliner. Now, think they'd be midway down it, or possibly even a curveball booking for Park.

Yeah would like to see them on the JP if they’re there, always a good time when I’ve seen them. 

Think they’ve done Glasto before and had Springsteen come on with them for The 59 Sound when he was headlining. Pretty much my festival fantasy right there. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Tbh I sit in this camp, having seen him at APE and been thoroughly disappointed.

So yeah realistically he’d miss out to one of the other two. 

On 10/10/2022 at 7:29 PM, TheWaters said:

Fri

Sat

Sunday

That is one cracking Pyramid line-up on the Friday. So good it will probably not happen!

Also Manics, GNR, QOTSA, The Chats, Bloc Party and The Specials...just take my money!

On 10/10/2022 at 7:29 PM, TheWaters said:

Fri

Sat

Sunday

Yeah I'd take that. Sunday is shit for me but gives me time to explore the rest of the festival areas as Friday and Saturday is a fair bit going on.

6 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Didn't the Manics have Sweet Child O' Mine  in their set the other year?

Yeah they played it when I saw them in Leeds last year. Really perked things up because the crowd were so flat in the first half of that gig, despite them being tight as always.

My attempt at this:

FRIDAY
PYRAMID: Arctic Monkeys / Paramore / Royal Blood / Jorja Smith / Burna Boy / Passenger / Hayseed Dixie
OTHER: Lizzo / Yungblud / Slaves / Beabadoobee / DMAs
WEST HOLTS: Anderson .Paak 
JOHN PEEL: Aitch
PARK: Manic Street Preachers

SATURDAY
PYRAMID: Guns N' Roses / Pulp / Little Simz / Dermott Kennedy / Phoebe Bridgers / Gary Clark Jr
OTHER: The Prodigy / KSI / Bloc Party / The Gaslight Anthem / Holly Humberstone
WEST HOLTS: Mabel
JOHN PEEL: The Wombats
PARK: Yeah Yeah Yeahs

SUNDAY
PYRAMID: Taylor Swift / Lewis Capaldi / Run The Jewels / Spice Girls / John Fogerty / Seasick Steve / The Wurzels
OTHER: Queens Of The Stone Age / Courteeners / Central Cee / Sigrid / Pale Waves
WEST HOLTS: Nas
JOHN PEEL: Bastille
PARK: Courtney Barnett