The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

Yay got a ticket for 2023! So expect to get weather charts again from Germany, Canada, France, Albania, Italy and anywhere else I can lay my hands on them.    Here’s your starter for ten, this is the Moroccan model for the Saturday of Glasto 2023.  Likely to be cold and wet, take your brolly..!

181EFA4B-0068-44A9-9029-47980F817B5C.thumb.jpeg.d4a76538896eb553ab65e0deb3b54165.jpeg

Just now, Sheffield Steve said:

Yay got a ticket for 2023! So expect to get weather charts again from Germany, Canada, France, Albania, Italy and anywhere else I can lay my hands on them.    Here’s your starter for ten, this is the Moroccan model for the Saturday of Glasto 2023.  Likely to be cold and wet, take your brolly..!

181EFA4B-0068-44A9-9029-47980F817B5C.thumb.jpeg.d4a76538896eb553ab65e0deb3b54165.jpeg

Should be illegal to post weather updates this early! 

After the T-day adrenaline wore off yesterday and we'd secured our tickets, my first 2 thoughts were:

• Wonder what the weather will be like?
  • Shall I get a Fresh & Black tent in case it's scorchio again?

Glasto has made me a weather speculation addict and this thread is my drug.

25 minutes ago, Sheffield Steve said:

Twist

2 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

After the T-day adrenaline wore off yesterday and we'd secured our tickets, my first 2 thoughts were:

• Wonder what the weather will be like?
  • Shall I get a Fresh & Black tent in case it's scorchio again?

Glasto has made me a weather speculation addict and this thread is my drug.

Yes yes and YES! Ours saved our lives in 2019, I couldn't believe the temperature difference compared to friends normal tents, talking around 10-15c cooler.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Some luck we had this year. Could easily have been a shitshow but we were a bunch of spawny gets.

'23 will be my 10th and whilst some have had some mud, I've only had 1 "muddy" festival which was in '16.  '09, '10, '19 & '22 were all dry (bar a couple of light showers in '09) and the latter 3 were all hot/sunny.  Probably due a soaking.... 😞 

2016 was my my first and only Glasto experience so far, Michael Eavis said it was the muddiest ever so anything better than that would be ideal.

If I remeber right, that year it rained on the Tuesday which resulted in the site turning in to a complete mud pit as everyone arrived. Over the weekend, there wasn't actually that much rain apart from Sunday afternoon. 

I'm more worried about rain before people arrive, because there's no avoiding the site turning in to a swamp at that point. 

9 minutes ago, JamieKThomas said:

2016 was my my first and only Glasto experience so far, Michael Eavis said it was the muddiest ever so anything better than that would be ideal.

If I remeber right, that year it rained on the Tuesday which resulted in the site turning in to a complete mud pit as everyone arrived. Over the weekend, there wasn't actually that much rain apart from Sunday afternoon. 

I'm more worried about rain before people arrive, because there's no avoiding the site turning in to a swamp at that point. 

Wettest Spring on record if memory serves, so not just the immediate build up.  The ground was absolutely saturated.  I had a tent leak, a burst airbed and a mardy OH (now ex-OH) to contend with.  We ended up bailing Saturday night.

15 minutes ago, JamieKThomas said:

Whilst not my first Glastonbury, it was my first with those conditions. It was hard work for sure. Just not even really being able to sit down. 

2014 was my first so I’ve not experienced any worse than 2016, I think others have discussed 07 maybe? Being similar. But those absolute shitshows do seem to be pretty rare thankfully! 

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

The discussion is fine … the answer is walking shoes with a backup of wellies with lots of standing water 😉

The answer is always walking shoes. And I say that as an idiot that did 2016 in wellies*

*I actually spent more time out of my wellies than in them as they got stuck in the mud and pulled off every. other. step.